Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PSO Ass.....-assin

Note: Before any mod/admin come here and stomp this topic, I posted this question, as did someone else, in the Seat of the Heart topic, and it still hasn't been answered.

How do you get SUE/KIREEK to make a cameo in SotH? I followed the PSOW guide for offline quests, did the whole BERNIE sub-plot route. Completed Knowing One's Heart. The only thing I didn't do that was in the guide; I didn't confirm it offline with Soul of Steel. I went online and started SotH from the beginning, and never saw a glimpse of SUE/KIREEK after entering Control Tower. Anything wrong?

I think all you had to do was tell Sue your name.

On a side note, you didn't have to make another thread about this. Just ask it again if it gets a good 2 or 3 pages away. And if it still doesn't get answered, then you should make a thread about it since your question was not given the proper attention it deserved.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-03 10:48 ]</font>

Maybe because you're supposed to do the Sue subplot?

And Shapiro, a lot of people are saying you have to do Knowing One's Heart and do the plot til at least Black Paper.

And yes, if you posted in the other thread, someone would reply there, plus you guys could always pm me to ask me a direct question. I don't mind that, and I would always answer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-03 11:20 ]</font>

My HUcast has done the Sue subplot on Ult, but the one a only time I played Soul of Steel, the mag didn't evolve enough times and I got the bad ending.

I've yet to see Sue/Kireek in the SotH quest.

that means something went wrong, you have to get the right extended ending in sos

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

As a wrap up to my problem with getting Sue & Kireek to appear: I never got them to show up in VHard, but now I've gotten them in Normal and got my Ragol Ring on normal. The full ending of Soul of Steel is NOT a good judge of if you've done everything right!

This is what I did, and in this order:
    Dr. Osto's Research - told Sue my name
    The Unsealed Door - talked to Sue, talked to Bernie, told Bernie what Sue said
    Waterfall Tears - talked to Sue, asked about Black Paper, talked to Bernie
    Black Paper - talked to Bernie, talked to Sue, asked "What are your motives?"
    Knowing One's Heart - talked to Bernie
    Seek My Master - talked to Bernie
    (always talk to them until they disappear or keep repeating)

I still don't know what I did wrong in VHard, and I don't feel like going through the quests again to see if I can fix anything. Seat of the Heart is one picky quest. At least I beat it.. unlike DC's Garon's Trechery. (thank god Poumn is now a rare drop.. that's one quest I never want to see again if I can help it)
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

the sue subplot guide is a good guide to follow and it works

Ever-Changing Gemini

Sammael's right about getting the good ending in Soul of Steel not being a good judge of doing things totally right (in the respect that Sue/Kireek will appear in the new quest). First time I played Seat of the Heart was with the only character I've got the good ending with and he's been with Elly the whole time. He's also cleared all the quests...methinks I shall investigate matters shortly. I know with my main character, who's cleared all the quests on all the difficulties, even if you go back and tell Sue your name and clear the quest it will act like you didn't tell her your name the first time.

Wow, even I find myself barely coherent today.

The Sage Of Time

Well, this is what I did and it worked fine.

Ostro's Research - Told Sue my Name

Grand Squall - I just completed the quest for the sake of meeting Bernie.

Unsealed Door - Spoke with Sue in Mines 2, then went back near the start of Mines 2 and spoke with Bernie.
    When he asked me something, I answered with "Sure"

Waterfall of Tears - Spoke with Sue in front of the Check Room. Asked her about Black Paper.
    Continued to talk to her until she left. Then poke with Bernie in Caves 1, and answered "Yes"

Black Paper: Talked to Sue in front of the shops. I answered "What is your purpose?".
    And then, spoke to Bernie one last time in Caves 1.

(Note: Knowing ones Heart is not included for a reason,
    you need to go through it anyway to unlock some of the above.)

That's basically it.. Sue and Kireek showed up in Seat of the Heart after that.
    In order to get the Ragol Ring though, you need to answer things correctly in the quest.
    The Guide on this site should help you with that, as well as telling you what computers to destroy.
    One last note though.. I spoke with Sue and Kireek in the ending before Elly..
    I don't know if that matters, but just in case, I suggest doing that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChristopherTime on 2003-05-03 15:55 ]</font>

Ever-Changing Gemini

Let me ask this then, where and when exactly in Seat of the Heart do Kireek and Sue appear? Is Kireek supposed to follow you through the VR simulation - meaning you never fight with Elly at all? If so, that would be where I made my error online.