Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFXI

Whos going to get it?

I hear its gonna be for PS2 and PC. Im gonna get PC version so I dont gotta buy modem for PS2

I signed up for PS2 beta testing a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping to be chosen eventually.
    Related to the topic somewhat, did anybody get an invitation a few weeks back by Sony about joining their uh... Gamer Board, or something like that? Apparently I was invited since I registered my PS2 online adapter.
    Anyway, I'm signed up for beta testing with them as well, so I think I have a pretty decent chance of being chosen to test FF11.

Despite not have a PS2 or a PC that can handle FFXI, I signed up for the beta, too. Hopefully, by the time it's out, I'll have both. >.>

Me, and I'm definately not going on ragnarok.

I'll have to get a replacement for my now-defunct GeForce 4 before getting Final Fantasy XI.

I really like what they did with the Red Mage class, there's no reason to have Sorcerer as a separate class now. Now we just need a Blue Mage class...

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I was reading about the game in a magazine. The character developer seems to be more indepth than PSO. Also I think it is going to be turn based? Also you can sell stuff to other people and leave a copy of yourself there whenever your offline and set a price for others to purchase...

You get to choose a race and then a job class. Like the mages, knight and so on. More less what you can pick from Tactics. Thats all I remember for now.

I was impatient and imported. See what happens when you give into peer pressure? You lose about $100.

On 2003-05-12 04:26, HaLLa wrote:
    I was reading about the game in a magazine. The character developer seems to be more indepth than PSO. Also I think it is going to be turn based?
    Nope, but the game is very menu based. It works like a mixture of Asheron's Call 2 and Everquest...only a lot easier and more interesting than Everquest.

Also you can sell stuff to other people and leave a copy of yourself there whenever your offline and set a price for others to purchase...
    That is the auction house. Allows you to sell items very easily. Never really used it as I never fought any monsters to get anything really good to sell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-05-12 06:45 ]</font>

I'll be getting it whenever it comes out for PS2.

you havent fought any monsters yet?

also can you import computer games?

I meant by anything special.

You can import...but it is a real pain in the ass.

Took me four hours to install the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-05-12 18:29 ]</font>