Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, tomorrow CodeMaster will release the code that will end any semblance of
    their being RARES in PSO. HE has managed to create an ITEM CREATION code. He
    has gone into the game and pulled a complete list of items from the source code
    and with his code you will be able to add any of these items to your inventory.

I'm impressed that he was able to do it, but at the same time I am saddened by
    what this will do to the game.

while most people consider this the end of pso as we all know it, i personally dont think i'll be that bad. it will definetly change the game, there will be no more hunting for rares.

i also think that it will get rid of the awful problem of duping/trading/stealing. it will also get rid of all the unsavory characters in pso, because they will no longer have anything to gain from what they do. give it a week and all the dupers and thieves will be gone.

i also dont think that ppl will have collections or rares now, cause there will be no reason to. ppl will just be able to pick what weapon they wanna use, and use it.

i think it will allow people to do what the game was intended to do, get together with some friends or make some new friends and go monster hunting.

that's just my opinion, and it may change after this code is released.

btw - i'm not a duper or a cheater or a thief

agh! no, no. not good. It does ruin the game. The idea is to work your character up to the level and get the weapons as you move up. how much fun is it going to be if someone can simply run around with like a level five char using a double pallasch? blegh.

I don't get it. Cheaters ruin the game for themselves, really, it shouldn't effect you. If you don't want to cheat, then don't cheat. If you think that because suddenly everyone has [blah] that your [blah] is useless, give your head a shake. If someone offers you a duped item, politely say no thank you. IMHO you dont have to flame the hell out of people for it. If they're making it difficult to play because they're killing everything before you get your hits in, change games, or ask for them to change weapons.

Granted, I'm only level 43, and a newbie at that, but this is just the way I see things.

On this whole rares note, I found myself a photon claw, I'm so excited =) For me, the game is still hunting / trading for rares. Of course, I dont really have any rares at all yet, since most of them are in vhard, which slaughters me.. but thats still what I do.

Anyways...

-Nalana

"On this whole rares note, I found myself a photon claw, I'm so excited =) For me, the game is still hunting / trading for rares."

The problem is that EVERYONE will have the rares and your rares will cease to be needed. Therefore you will have a hard time trading any of your items for the items you want.

END OF LINE...

Gee i wish they would make a game where you start out on lvl 100. with all the items in the game. you can kill all the monsters with one hit, and you never die or never run out of tp.... thats what every one of you lvl 20 through 80 charaters are say ing every time you say that it doesn't ruin the game for the dupers and hackers to drop off their rare items on newbie players. i have seen lvl 20 players with most every rare and they think that they are something special cuase they got it from a friend. but to tell you the truth watching the way you all play i think you would be doing yourselves a favor if you put it in storage till you can fight halfway decent and live past the ruins on hard with out having to rely on your team mates bailing you out every five steps cuase you got killed trying to use your new double saber, or your new eggblaster...sorry i got so long winded i dont care if you want to cheat but my lord listen to yourselves. they might as well just let you start lvl 100 with everything the way you want the game to play

I do agree that it will hurt the game, but not if you don't allow it to.

I always start open games with one or two people I trust from PSO World, and we leave a spot open in the game for drifters. If someone comes in with, lets say, i don't know...a heaven punishment, then we just..well...don't bother to revive them or we walk off to the next room/dungeon and don't tell them

After awhile, they get the picture.

I'm glad the code crackers are releasing the code. Let these un-skilled children (Im just venting! No flames, please) do their duping, and let me actually hunt for the items. Who do you think will be playing this game longer?

I have about 5 "Rares" (Bazooka, knuckles, Claw, S beats, Soul Eater) and I know I will, in time, find many, many more.

So Bison, don't worry. This is good for us real gamers. These dupers will get tired of it in a few weeks, and soon...very soon, we will have the game all to ourselves.

And until I do, I shall conitnue to play...as long as my friends do too

Just a big and disgusting thing.

I agree with Sheo. This will only hurt your expereince with the game if you let it. Personally, I always make p/w protected rooms and play with people I trust and know are not theives. So it doesn't really affect me. I hunt for rares on my own, and no matter what anyone else thinks, when I find a new rare (whether it is common or not) it is cool to me.

Actually this will make the game rock imho. The reason I believe this is the lack of risk/reward. Cheaters will have everything right away. They will get bored after 2 weeks and quit the game. Soon enough it will be the time everyone dreamed of where only the hardcore legits remain and all the cheaters have moved to another game.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

What Ambri said, thats what i think too