Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast
    Pointy ears are sexy!

Skyly HUnewearl Ultimate Forest:

Didn't find the .beat 647 and 648 Pal Rappies reported here.

However, I did encounter 2 Pal Rappies in a wave of 7 in the very beginning of beat 649, both of which absolutely failed to give me the angel harp I so deserve ^_^

On 2003-09-08 08:07, Rownan wrote:
    All you people who are posting beat times need to list the following in your post!!!

1. ID
    2. Class/Profession
    3. Beat time
    4. Where it was found- For creatures that are not level specific (IE pan arms can be found in the caves and on spaceship!)
    5. Whether you piped for it or stumbled across it, and if you piped for it, how long did it take you?? Of course multiple people stumbling across rare creatures at similar beat times would build a better case, so lets keep track of this particular stat!
    6. Also for our enjoyment, list what it dropped, if anything.

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rownan on 2003-09-08 08:17 ]</font>
    I don't mean to be rude but why do we need to post all that. Well 1,3,4,6 are need but 2,5 not really. I say this because i think 2 is not needed, and 5 i've done both i have found a rare enemy by pipe and pure luck of the draw. But if this really important then i will do what you ask but first please explain why first.
    Thanks Lots in advance............

Okay you're right 2 is not needed. Don't include it if you don't want to. Just a little bit of information to add.

Number 5 though I think is something we should keep track of. As I described before it is one thing to pipe for a rare creature, where it will eventually show up due to the odds. But I think it is especially interesting when someone comes across a rare creature without piping for it. I would be more inclined to base a find like this on something other than luck of the draw, and so in my mind, it may be more valuable to us.

On 2003-09-10 08:13, Rownan wrote:
    Okay you're right 2 is not needed. Don't include it if you don't want to. Just a little bit of information to add.

Number 5 though I think is something we should keep track of. As I described before it is one thing to pipe for a rare creature, where it will eventually show up due to the odds. But I think it is especially interesting when someone comes across a rare creature without piping for it. I would be more inclined to base a find like this on something other than luck of the draw, and so in my mind, it may be more valuable to us.

Lol nuff said i'm all for it an maybe it's just me, but every time(just about every time) i walk in to one he/she/it(rare biatch!!!!) usally drops my s!@# on the first time through. Hmmm but it just pure luck i guess......

@beat times, brought to you by my FOmar.
    (All enemies found under Viridia)
    Ult:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    |Forest|Pal Rappy|@763|Dropped rare|10-20 pipes|
    |Forest|Pal Rappy|@342|No rare|0 pipes (online)|
    |Temple|Mil Lilly|@816|No rare|20-30 pipes|
    |Temple|Hildetorr|@822|No rare|10-20 pipes|

Unfortunatly I STILL haven't found a Hildetorr in the forest >< And getting a Star Amp from a Hildelt isn't the same as getting a RED SABER from a Hildetorr ><

On a brighter note, thanks to a Gulgus last night, I have completed my CUSTOM set go me! hehe actually the CUSTOM set is quite useless to me, as the CUSTOM RAY ver.00 isn't as powerful as my Bringer's Rifle

I've finally got the beat time charts I made up on the web. They contain every beat time for the rare enemies that I've found and the ones from here that I managed to make sense of. There isn't much there yet, beyond the charts, but I'll add more later on, like a variation of the original theory of mine. I'd like to see all the holes filled for at least V. Hard and Ult and I'd like as many times as I can possibly get for everything. The more times there are, the more I have to check my variation of the theory and such. I also plan to dig through some of the game's data files to see if I can find anything in there that supports it.

You can access the charts here:
    http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~sounomi/pso/beattimes/

Pointy ears are sexy!

Very nice. I'll be looking forward to any theory, especially if there are bits of code to support it.

However, the beattimes from this board are close to worthless statistically.
    First of all the people frequenting this board are not uniformly distributed on the timezones of the world. You'll most likely find a huge majority of the reported times are from the 'playing-hours' in the US.
    Secondly, people interested in beat times tend to pipe on previously reported times, so you'll also observe some unnatural clusters of rare enemy appearances.

(On a side note, if you're interested in hosting pso data without those annoying pop-up windows, I might be able to put you up with free bandwith on an ad-free domain ^_^)

On 2003-09-11 23:53, Sounomi wrote:
    I've finally got the beat time charts I made up on the web. They contain every beat time for the rare enemies that I've found and the ones from here that I managed to make sense of. There isn't much there yet, beyond the charts, but I'll add more later on, like a variation of the original theory of mine. I'd like to see all the holes filled for at least V. Hard and Ult and I'd like as many times as I can possibly get for everything. The more times there are, the more I have to check my variation of the theory and such. I also plan to dig through some of the game's data files to see if I can find anything in there that supports it.

Hey thats site rocks keep up the good work.

On 2003-09-11 23:53, Sounomi wrote:

Nice site
    Hehe I was even able to spot the @times I submitted too

Oh and by the way, I found 3 Hildetorrs in the Forest last night, and one finally dropped my RED SABER I got all 3 of their times but I forget where I put them.. I'll find them later and post them.
    Again, nice site

Level 26 REDRIA RAmar
    VR Temple Alpha Normal
    Beat 090 - Nar Lily

Thought I should post this, this is the second time on this beat my brother's gotten a Nar Lily and an AddSlot from it.