Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rare Hungry Tennis Player

This is an ongoing conflict with me and my friends.... Usually the one who gets there first gets the rare, and is called a Ninja Looter by the other bitter players who didnt get there fast enough. My friend had an idea that we should roll a dice and whoever gets the hight number gets the item, which seems like a good idea, but we havent tried it yet.. So how do you determine "who gets it"?

Fallen Dreamer

My friends and I only play multiplayer offline... at my house on my 'cube.

So... I usually get looting rights, but my char is a FO, so it usually ends up being used by my buds.

Besides, while they're gone, I have access to their bank accounts and char inventories.

thats pretty much how it works for me.
    since i cant get online for some *** reason, i just play offline multiplayer. and i get looting rights.
    but as for online, it should go to the person who killed the monster, right?

[edit]please do not use derogatory words.
    --IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-06-16 15:23 ]</font>

Rare Hungry Tennis Player

lol. well my friends all have the game and are as rare hungry as I am ,so when we see the red box we go into a frenzy..RED BOX RED BOX....wait thats just a juice carton on my table...my mistake...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

you play the game offline multiplayer?
    no body will play the game with me multiplayer, so i get everything anyways... lol

There is always the classic rock paper Scissors, which works offline or online.

Student...electrical engineering

On 2003-06-16 00:42, tennis_guy wrote:
    This is an ongoing conflict with me and my friends.... Usually the one who gets there first gets the rare, and is called a Ninja Looter by the other bitter players who didnt get there fast enough. My friend had an idea that we should roll a dice and whoever gets the hight number gets the item, which seems like a good idea, but we havent tried it yet.. So how do you determine "who gets it"?
    If you are playing with a team...pretty much everyone thinks first come, first serve. You will find this a lot in the online games...for US servers anyways. As soon as a red box drops every one rushes to get it without clearing the room first.

The way that I like to play...with people that I know...is to finish clearing the room, then pick up stuff. If I pick it up I will see what it is and if someone else needs it more or I can not use it, for example a FO can not use most a GUILTY LIGHT, I drop it.

Until you get into ultimate mode the drops are not all that great except for a few in vhard. I don't even bother picking up most stuff anymore...I let the others fight over it..heh. Then they complain and cuss when they did not get it!

I actually prefer the method where everyone picks up everything and then after the boss stage and you return to P2 everything is dropped so everyone can see what was gotten and only pick up what you need. That is how I like it done. Although you will next to NEVER find this on the US servers...especially VEGA and ANTARIES 08.

Most american players that play this game are way too greedy and loot every level. I save my looting for offline or solo online when there is no one else around...it eats up time and makes you look bad looting everything. Especially stuff that someone else could use more...like mates for HUc and fluids for FOs.

Blue Harmony

On 2003-06-16 01:05, alland wrote:
    I actually prefer the method where everyone picks up everything and then after the boss stage and you return to P2 everything is dropped so everyone can see what was gotten and only pick up what you need.
    That's the standard way on JP ships.
    Then use rock/scissor/paper to resolve any conflict.

A very good rule to follow is: pick up what you kill, and what you CAN use in the crates. For instance a ranger who finds a *insert ranger weapon* should be picking it up, however a Hunter who finds it should offer it up to the ranger, simply because it's his weapon type. The more you start doing this, the more the others players should follow. If they don't then find a less greedy gaming group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nocturne on 2003-06-16 04:06 ]</font>

When I used to play Multiplayer with my friend MAD we tended to use first come first served.
    But this aways lead to arguments anyway, as I'd always tend to be in the right place at the right time!
    (The argument got to boiling point when it was an Uber rare!)
    But thankfully (Sorry MAD) I dont play PSO with him anymore as his Girlfriend accidently Corrupted his file by turning it off when it was saving. And now he's lost all interest in the game.
    Kinda made me think all those arguments we had we're pointless and at the end of the day it's just a computer game... albeit avery good one though.