Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok now I have been hearing these rumors about Sega banning and or erasing the banks and items on guy for dupped weapons or cheats.
    I am asking some oen to confirm these rumors. Yes you may lose your stuff from a BSOD. Sometimes even with a corrupt save. Is there a message that Sega is giving that allows that user to know they have a dupped item and then they lose everything.
    I personally dont cheat but I am concerned because I have traded with people and have no Idea wether anyone gave me a dupped item. Yes cheating ruins a game in a sence and we who are not cheating getting punished for trading a weapon, we have no idea is dupped. WTF why punish the innocent for someone elses cheating.
    So please someone tell me if this stuff is true, also if it is then why have I had people come into my game telling me they dup but this hasnt happened to them. ALso not to mention I have had people come into game and hit my uy, but they are not baned or losing items.
    Like I said if you cheat fine if you dont fine, I dont but I still want some proof on all this talk and articles. Someone let me know

they may be bluffing but my meseta gets erased everone time I go online (the meseta I carry, not my 999999 in bank.)

Well, the unfortunate thing about trying to confirm these sorts of rumors is that, by definition, most of the people here aren't going to be the sorts that would do stuff to cause these consequences.

However, a PSO gamer I know here in town did say that one of his cheating cohorts logged in a few days ago only to find his inventory reset to starting items. And a few people over on one of the more infamous cheating boards have talked about similar, if not exact, situations recently when bringing hacked charatcers online.

That said, those comments have been few and far between. Assuming these server mods actually do work the way SEGA has been touting (which is unlikely, considering the discussions by the hackers lately), it hasn't been as widespread as some of us might like.

On the other hand, though, one would expect SEGA to do this in stages, so who knows?

Mez,

even if all of your traded weapons were duped by someone else, they can't possibly know. They would have had to plan for that from the beginning (which they didn't). So, don't worry about it.

On the other hand, suppose you have an item like a lvl999 mag, or a god/hp that gives you 9000+ HP, these items are clearly cheats, and it would be very easy for server administrators to determine. I would stear clear of those items for sure.

Ok here is aquestion as well. I was given a God/Ability from someone who as far as I know is legit.
    I am with in my normal range of skills and I have. I was told that someone heard directly from Sega that it doesnt exist yet in game. Any word on this?

Not sure about those in particular, but I do understand that some of the weapons, such as the Lavis Cannon, were intended to be online quest rewards, and as such should not be "available" yet.

Your risk, but personally, until all these server mods are in place and (hopefully) have purged the system clear of dupes and cheaters, I'm sticking to either what I find myself, or from a very, very select group of people that I know legitiamtely found the items. All other items in my inventories, even 'gift' items, get smelted down at the gift shop for more cash.

Better safe than sorry.

Hey Socrates great job on your fonewearl, totally looks like Reala

DCKaz

I spoke to a rep at Sega today and he stated that they have created a way to ban the serial number of anyone who "uses a gameshark online". He refused to comment on a time frame on when this would go live but suggested shortly.

FYI this was in response to my statement about PSO World regulars being harrassed by cheaters in the Puck 09 lobby.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Veteran Fighter

WTG Ambrai, keep up the good work friend!!

On 2001-03-16 09:15, Mez wrote:
    Ok here is aquestion as well. I was given a God/Ability from someone who as far as I know is legit.
    I am with in my normal range of skills and I have. I was told that someone heard directly from Sega that it doesnt exist yet in game. Any word on this?[addsig]
    Well to answer this, God/ability is avaliable in the SEMI "perfect guide" 11 stars and raises you atp, mst, ata, evp, and dfp by 20. Since they can show it in the book then it should be avaliable.