Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hater of mag-lovers

"I think that it is better to stay legit because then you can get the feeling of accomplacy and proudness when you complete something good or are finally able to use a incredibly awsome item"

I get just as much of a feeling of accomplishment and honor finding a new item, or betting a new area with my non-legit items. The challenge is still there. I still work for it as much as you. I still find those rare items.

"also, having fun being un-legit wears off fast, because it gets so dang repetetive..."

Have you actually done both? How does being un-legit become any more repetitive than being legit? Short answer: it doesn't.

In fact, aftrer doing both for hundreds of hours, for me, being legit is WAY the fuck more repetitive. Using hacked and duped items, I can change it up whenever I want. The challenge is still there- as much as I want it to be.

My lvl 200 Devil's Wing is no better than my lvl 200 legit mag. It just looks better, so I use it. My likely duped GuardWave is no better than the Guardwave a legit player found. And that legit player didn't "earn" it. He/she just got lucky and found it. I could have just as easily have found it. They may have found it in less time and with less work than I have put it. I may have "earned" it more.

I still get just as happy when I find a good rare as I did when I played legit.

For me, there are zero downsides to playing un-legit. If you have done both and prefer playing legit- that;s fine. But keep in mind, that is just for YOU. Other players may have more fun playing un-legit. If you haven't done both, shut your mouth. You have no fucking clue. Saying legit or un-legit is better is a subjective statement. Neither is more fun- it's a matter of opinion/preference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-09 00:20 ]</font>

what makes you legit is if you consider yourself legit or not. There is no clear definition of LEGIT. People say they are when they know they are using dupes. So that depends on what you think. Just play to have fun. Screw the legit or not thing.

Do your own thing

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

On 2003-07-07 17:09, Jyo-San wrote:
    Woops, I made a mistake. I meant, what do you think makes a player not legit? Such as, using a super rare weapon at a low stage, and the liking? Sorry for my wrong questioning. I just wanted to see other peoples' reasons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jyo-San on 2003-07-07 17:10 ]</font>
    -Trading.
    -Duping.
    -Hacking.
    -Using any weapon you didn't find yourself.

6 - Your Legit character corrupts thus killing any real desire to even play legit anymore in the 1st place.

I agree with you completely. My level 144 HUnewearl corrupted at level 144 (along with three other chars, another over 100). I had stayed up til the wee hours of the morning the night before to finally complete challenge mode, and receive my s-rank. I was barely a BU-EI for more than 12 hours before my data got corrupted. I've committed over 800 hours to playing legit... to be honest with you, I probably won't go back to it.

I considered myself to be legit, then I got multiple FSOD's and item data losses until an MS rep informed me that my file might be corrupted. He told me to start over, and I did. After telling my higher-level friends my story, they donated things to me to help me get back to where I belong. Things like a Devil's Wing mag, good armors, and a J-Sword, which I put away until I could use it. I can use it now. I managed to stay FAIRLY legit in the process. I never used an Al Rappy. I only used found Materials. It's okay in situations like mine, but there are thousands of times where duping has become an evil technique.

well, finding a ton of really rare weps didn't hurt, another reason was spite of ultra-legits, like the asses who make "NO BKB" games or "LEGIT ONLY" grr i hate that, or the ones who complain when i use my guld milla.

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

On 2003-07-09 14:38, martian_man wrote:
    cheaters SUCK
    You've probably got the lowest IQ out of anyone that posts here.

I played both legit and un-legit on the original DC version. I played legit for about 150 hours and the same otherwise, and I have to say, seriously, it completely ruined my game. There was no reason to play anymore and I'll be damned if thats happening again with EPII.

I've still never seen Ultimate mode, I've got another 40 levels to go, but I'm too busy to play recently. I look forward to it, and I cant wait for the sense of accomplishment that is level 200 without ANY cheating (I hope to reclaim the feeling I had in the original when I hit lvl 100..)

Item Duplication and general manipulation of the game makes the game as a whole, for everyone, a damn sight worse to play, because it grinds down the trade value. Whats the point of trading your precious weapon for someone elses weapon which could very easily be a duped or hacked item? You just played for god knows how long for that weapon, and some git just pulls something out of his ass to trade with you? Screw that.

In short - Cheat all you want, you may think its more fun but in all honesty - it fucking sucks.

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

On 2003-07-10 08:58, JohnnyUK wrote:
    I played both legit and un-legit on the original DC version. I played legit for about 150 hours and the same otherwise, and I have to say, seriously, it completely ruined my game. There was no reason to play anymore and I'll be damned if thats happening again with EPII.

I've still never seen Ultimate mode, I've got another 40 levels to go, but I'm too busy to play recently. I look forward to it, and I cant wait for the sense of accomplishment that is level 200 without ANY cheating (I hope to reclaim the feeling I had in the original when I hit lvl 100..)

Item Duplication and general manipulation of the game makes the game as a whole, for everyone, a damn sight worse to play, because it grinds down the trade value. Whats the point of trading your precious weapon for someone elses weapon which could very easily be a duped or hacked item? You just played for god knows how long for that weapon, and some git just pulls something out of his ass to trade with you? Screw that.

In short - Cheat all you want, you may think its more fun but in all honesty - it fucking sucks.
    now i dont even know how to dupe...but thats a bit anal.
    cheating does suck but it depends on what you consider cheating. i consider hacked items and stats cheating but i dont consider backing up rare weapons cheating, however i dont agree with duping for traiding purpose

but then i dont play to trade

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raven5_1 on 2003-07-11 12:12 ]</font>