I was wondering if there are more people who think Nintendo shouldnt blindly let anyone use their system for their unfinished/unsatisfied end product.

In our version we get alot of people who get corrupted due to whatever problems SEGA is having, this issue is not addressed propperly nor is it handled this will cause alot of people to abandon the game maybe even the platform.

If we could pressure Nintendo to fix these current problem before EP3 is out we could enjoy our games without the current problems. Nintendo should ackknowledge that what is important for gamers is that problems which are clearly the fault of the party in question should be handled on a basis where they revoke the rights of the party to produce games for the GameCube.

Also i find it rather weird that a keyboard would have to cost near $70 in US currency for us to enjoy typing stuff while a keyboard for the PC can be gotten for $5. We getting robbed, i hope Nintendo would put forward some guidelines for this kind of ripping of their customers ...

pv

I've had 3 corruptions and one FSOD this month, but I'm not complaining.
    That's because the corruption is either due to a bad memory card or due to lag. That means, if one player has a slow connection, there is a risk for corruption for anyone who joins.
    That is hard to fix, since, for an example, 1-2% of the English population has broadband.
    That's what I know, anyway.

Well basicly u can only save when u have all the data, current transfers donot work because they havent got a valid data file or a corrupted CRC method, basicly the corruption shouldnt happen ever .. its that simple they just havent done their homework right (ofcourse mechanical failure can happen).

The CBM-64 had a method qhere u saved sequential files ... Which is also not a bad method ....

pv

Skilled Fighter

XBOX seems fine to me

Never had anyone ever complain on xbox about corrupted characters. Maybe its server limitation to the US and because its hard drive based

Veteran Fighter

ive never been corrupted.. but i still say someone needs to fix that damn targeting system and physics engine of PSO. seriously.. its getting on my nerves

You wanna fix corruption ? Stop playing on overcrowded ships. If you want Sega to really do something, ask them for more US ships. Don't see why we should only have 4 when the European and Japanese ships don't even has as many players.

And this isn't Nintendo's fault... Who made the game ? Who runs the servers ?

Ok.. just to let you guys know what i have lost... first corruption i lost (176, 142, 121, 45). Second time i lost (121, 81,43,22). Both these times i Knew i was corrupted when entering a room in the dreadful vega ship and freezing during the double save. I too have tried all these things you guys have mentioned. Deleting guild card files, turning Gc off and on, pulling mem card out and reinserting quickly, etc. Nothing has worked. Plain and simple. If you see the saving icon on ur screen and hear the infamous buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise ur done. Stick a fork in ur mem card its over. The only fixes or prevention to corruption is a way to back up ur chars. I have sinced done some research and found a way to backup ur char files. I although cant say what the object is that i am using. It is a product from japan that can be ordered online. This is all i can say because it is not a product made by GC or pso. The first corruption i didnt even bother to contact customer support. The last time i talked to customer support was during dc ver of pso. I experienced stolen access numbers (which is no way possible but SOMEHOW happened). Customer service at this time told me to "Move on". I was extremely p oed and lucky i couldnt reach through the phone or i would be in jail right now. Anyway guys i express my condolences to all the RIP chars out there.. its hard.. its like ive been playin since november, payed 72 bucks for HL and all i have to show for it right now is a Level 1 char. I have even chatted with friends who are attorneys about the issue of poor service from GC. I dont know whether the CORRUPTION issue can be fixed by PSO or GC staff but either way it needs to be remedied before ver 3.

On 2003-07-09 08:54, Zuljin wrote:
    You wanna fix corruption ? Stop playing on overcrowded ships. If you want Sega to really do something, ask them for more US ships. Don't see why we should only have 4 when the European and Japanese ships don't even has as many players.

And this isn't Nintendo's fault... Who made the game ? Who runs the servers ?
    This isnt what is happening when people get corrupted the filetransfer gets messed up. Overcrowding server is a thing which SEGA manages, but Nintendo gives out the green light to produce games for the gamecube.

Since the problem is known at Sega we still can complain about it at Nintendo since Sega does require a license to produce EP3.

It's unfair that we get a product which kills our enjoyment by deleting our character of which we put alot of time in. It's not really fair that SEGA doesnt address this issue while there plenty of ways to make sure the data is saved correctly and or handled in such a manner which prevents corruption.

I say Nintendo is our best option in this matter because Sega is only cashing in.