Rappy Hunter

I cannot confirm this, but from what I've read on a few other message boards, GameShark/Xploder users can't get back online with their PSO anymore. I do know that the servers went down tonight, so it's making me wonder if it was for another server upgrade to stop these cheaters from getting on.

Does anyone else have anymore information on this? Did Sega REALLY upgrade their servers to stop cheaters?

<font color="gold">*</font>goes and does some more research<font color="gold">*</font>

Yeah, Sega is trying to stop the cheaters and dupers out there by installing this new"security system". But if u have a hacked mag or duped items kiss ur playin time goodbye
    but if u will take a minute of ur time to email me i can solve ur problem or if u just think about it i am sure u will figure out how to do it. I am not meaning to "disobey" sega but i am not going down for trading, its not my fault sega couldnt do it right the first time. I am not going to be screwed out of playing b/c some ppl wanna cheat. If u cant figure out how to get on email at [email protected][addsig]

Rappy Hunter

Well, I just read the other topic where that guy talked about that security, but I dout his ass even works for Sega because there's alot of people just like him that pretend they do when they don't.

I have contacts in SegaNet so I'll be emailing them/meeting up on IRC for the direct word.

Also, I do have several items I do know are duped (I didn't dupe them myself.. I don't do shit like that) .. I am going to attempt to get on and play again, hoping to get on without a problem. If I run into anything, I have a backup save I can at least use to play offline till I can get back online.

Well the severs are updated ever Wensday of the first of every month so it is possible that they can/will/might do that

Personally, I don't think Sega would punish all these newbie characters out there that were given duped items just out of sheer luck. I don't doubt that they'd ban gameshark users, but as for all the duped items floating around, they can't ban everyone for using them, because that would be most of the PSO community right there.

Yeah i expressed my feelings on that post too maybe u read it. BTW u dont have to use a backup save all u have to do is put ur items into ur bank on offline then go online join or create the team goto bank and get ur stuff. The security is only for items in ur inventory. They do that so that ppl cant dupe. The dupers cant enter the room with the items that they are trying to dupe so n a way it makes since but that is no reason to punish all players out there who might have gotten a duped item through a trade.

Theres a way around it, all you have to do is leave it in your bank offline, then equip it once joined. Anyways, I learned about this too late and got rid of a chao mag that was given to me. I still have my duped weapons and Im not getting that message after throwing chao away...

Edit: Should have read VIPER's reply...

God: Showing everyone what Heavenly-Heat is all about...its true...its true.

God
    Hucast lvl 90
    Skyly

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: MgL on 2001-03-17 04:03 ]</font>

Listen they are not banning ppl for having duped items. If u would have read my post u would know. U can still get on but u can join or create a game. They arent banning ppl just stopping them from playing unless u do what i said and what MgL touched up on.

Ok one more thing, i love sega(well at least the games,u gotta give that to them they can make some good games)and the dreamcast so dont think i hate them but they dont make sense. They tell us on the information that the server will be updated every first wend. but nevertheless i can play on the first wend. but at least once a day i have to wait at least an hour b4 i can get on b/c of server maintenance

Yeah, it is rather rediculous that Sega NEVER uses the server message area of the lobby. It's the same old messages as before. Also, I read somewhere that Sega was going to fix the "weird text" that pops up on the right side of your screen when their servers are going down....and they never did. I saw it happen again weeks after they said that. I just believe that SoA either doesn't care that much or their run by some of the most backwards people you've ever met on this planet. I think it's a bit of both. And I seriously doubt SoA is going to even bother listening to the petitions for PSOv.2. Afterall, they never listened to the "Shen Mue Japanese dialogue with English subtitles" petition and that had THOUSANDS of signatures.