Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I wont make this a long, lengthy rant. Let me just say that I considered myself the model PSO player, putting hours into the game finding the rare items that my section ID could and then trading for the items I couldn't find. However, inevitably, I received duped or sharked items through trading (some sick bastards even lay sharked money down like where the boxes were before they send you a telepipe). Anyways, to make a long story short, it is outrageous for Sega to ban people who did not themselves willingly cheat or dupe items. I have already written them a letter expressing my concerns, and I know many others of you also feel screwed by the cheaters (for proliferating the items) and Sega (for making us lose all our items because they didn't prevent this in the first place).
    If something isn't done, maybe we can get a petition going.

Death to cheaters
    Richie

That happened to you too. Thank god I ain't alone in this. I traded a double saber+20 for a EGGBLASTER and the EGGBLASTER was duped and I got disconnected. And when I tryed to join another game it said I had a bad item and needed to disband it offline. Before I could join a team.
    I posted this on the offtopic board too before I came here.

Temporarily Forever

About the thing with duped stuff all u have to do is deposit the stuff in the bank offline then pick it up when u join a game. And remember to deposit B4 u go back to the lobby.

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

Well I know many of you will be upset by this. And who knows I may be a victim too. But this is what needed to be done to get rid of the dupes. Sorry if you got screwed in a trade. I may have been too. Actually I can't wait to see if the Lavis I got is legit. If it ain't legit, I'm going to ditch it. Sorry guys but I think this will help the game in the long run, even if we loose some stuff in the short term.

I'm a Savage Wolf, grr baby!

Hmm, I do some pretty hefty trading, and I know that most of the stuff that I trade is duped (its a duped world out there kids, and it's very hard to avoid it). I can get online and play games fine. My current weapon is my twin brand and my mag is Pian. Does this only work with items that don't exist? Like, GOD/HP ++ and level 999 mags? Hmmm..

A letter hate to say it but youll get a nice one back saying :
    We do understand that you are very frustrated, and are sorry you are not pleased with the service you have received. You have our deepest apologies for any and all troubles that you have experienced as a Dreamcast owner, and we will take your thoughts into consideration. Please understand that it was not our intention for you to go through any trouble. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Send a petition and it will be printed out and past around laughed at then thrown in the trash. Sorry i know it sucks but thats reality.

PSO Assassin

IMESHO, this is the best change Sega's made to their srevers yet.

I always suspected the items I received on trade were duped, and was ready to drop them if they were, here's my chance to find out.

I have an Orotiagtio among others that might find themselves in the pawn-shop window.

its still not solved, the dupers can just go offline and put the stuff in the bank

PSO Assassin

I'm so sorta glad to hear that I wasn't the only one! I do some trading myself, because face it, you can't find every rare out there, it's impossible. Today I traded for a Delsabers Buster, and I kept it with me when I went to the lobby, unaware of what I just traded for. All of a sudden when I tried to re-enter the game a big screen came up telling me that I have "reconstructed data" that I shouldn't have. I was mucho scared because it said Sega would remember this and not allow me to enter anymore game. I thought I was going to have to get rid of all my stuff because the screen specifically says abandon the data offline, and I had more then just the buster with me. So you can see why I was so scared. But I did however log back on after I deposited it in the bank, and viola I could make and enter rooms again. I'm sorry that I have a duped weapon, but like Cheech said before me "its a duped world out there kids, and it's very hard to avoid it." I do think this is a good counter measure by Sega, but I don't think we should be penalized for something that we are unaware of. I mean it's not like the weapon say's "I'm duped" and it's not like we can tell if it is duped. I just pitty the day when Sega invades the banks, because we may lose all our stuff, because let's face it, unless you find the weapon yourself, it's probably not legit.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

I would say 99% of super rare trades are duped. If you had just found a super rare item, not many would ever give it up. The only way I could see someone trading it is if they couldn't use it.