Rappy Hunter

I've posted this question at Gamefaqs numerous times (PSOworld server was so slow, couldn't get in to post) and got nothing but the usual lackluster responses, heh.

I see plenty of Forces these days, especially PSOworld Force players, raising mainly Pow and Def on a mag to put Forces on a more level playing field with Hunters and Rangers. I've been doing that with my current force, Pixie-Dust, and I'm having a much easier time even though I don't have any extra TP from Mind.

My question is whether it's worth it to keep adding to Pow and Def, and totally neglect Mind and Dex? I figure a force maxes out MST soon enough so all Mind would do would give you extra TP. But why need the extra TP when you have a higher Pow and deal can out much more damage with melee/ranged weapons?

Any experienced force players have any ideas/suggestions?

Pixie-Dust - 20 Fonewearl
    Nickel - 60 Ramar
    Jihef - 73 Humar

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

Mind gives you more TP and MST. A mag with a high mind will help you learn spells sooner. It's sorta like POW for a HUcast. You need it, but don't need a ton since the character naturaly has a lot of ATP.

It's not me. I'm not here.

Strangely enough, as a Pinkal HUmar, I find it much to my benefit to concentrate on stats MIND and POW. My Mag's a Bana at level 170 and I'm seriously considering just slapping the rest on mind... which is about lvl62 right now...

I still think it's odd that because of my ID I'll be able to do higher level spells than a lot of Force characters... I don't think Sonic Team went over that one enough...

Later in the game, force's def will be maxed out....As I learned from Zephr. Raise MIND will enable you to have more TP.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

For HUmars, HUnewear, and RAmars. For your main mag you should have a decent amount of mind, but not too much. For learning spells, you should have a mag that is only about mind, so you can learn spells sooner.

Mercenary for Hire

Hmm...my suggestion is to raise mainly Dex on your Force's first Mag (and when you get your hands on a second Mag, go for all Mind on it to learn spells quickly). Dex gives you ATA, which is what you need to arm handguns and mechguns sooner. After boosting Dex enough to use those, then I'd concentrate on Pow and some Def. A Force just isn't cut out for melee combat, but cowardly gun tactics work great. You can either do slightly more damage with a melee weapon and constantly get hurt badly often, or you can hit them at a distance with a mechgun which will blow back most enemies and likely take out a beat with a single combo.

A small tip on Mag feeding--figure out what item you want to feed your mag and keep that item at the top inventory slot (among the support items). That makes it easy to feed your mag on the run--just select Mag under the item menu and press A 6 times. This way, even if you're online you can feed your Mag while still running alongside the rest of the party.

PSO Assassin

Right now, my mag (Bana) is pretty evenly balanced. I started off--before I traded mags--dumping everything into Mind. I was loaded up with spells while I was a fledgeling FOnewm. With my even Bana...I'm finding I can equip more weapons/guns than full mind. Next mag I find, I think I'm going to concentrate on Mind up until it's at an equal level...then dump everything into Pow and/or Def/Dex...not quite sure yet. I'll keep them both though...for different situations.

The extra TP helps out a lot...if you're a main caster that is...you don't have to go back to town as much. Too bad everyone can use our spells...