Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hater of mag-lovers

I am not talking about doing the work yourself. I am talking about using a turbo controller and watching TV while you rack up the EXP.

The "you" wasn't aimed at the topic poster- it was just a general "you" aimed at anyone that actually does the Recobox trick. The Recobox trick involves using a turbo controller. What the topic poster is doing is just killing enemies. Not a cheat. Just boring. He's killing Recoboxes over and over. Not doing the Recobox cheat/trick.

The Recobox trick is cheating. But the topic poster isnt doing the Recobox trick.

Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-17 05:01 ]</font>

You are using an exploit to gain an advantage. That's cheating. Period.

if that is an exploit, then luring enemies into big packs and trapping them is obviously an exploit too. instead of going around having to kill them all, you only need to use a combo once or twice and it saves time and more exp quicker. and maybe when everybody uses the same photon blast at the same time to do more damage is an exploit. instead of doing normal damage, it does massive damage to bosses and any enemies around.

Well as for the poster, This should not be considered cheating. How is lowing your atp by not equiping your mag, and using a exp. stealing weapon to , um steal exp, you know pressing the extra attack button, cheating? He is being smart by not equiping his mag so that He can bleed of more exp. But he is not doing anything that the game is not designed for. It is every bit as legit as piping for rare monsters. The biggest Cheat is that he may be using a duped weapon, but really how many people use duped weapons, though duping weapons is cheating, I merly point out that this is the big cheat, not bleeding off exp.

Just my two cents. A small addition, using the turbo controler part of this cheating but note that the poster said he is not doing this, and he asked if He was cheating, not if those who use the turbo controler were cheating, he mad it clear that this is cheating

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PinkyBloodyArt on 2003-07-17 07:12 ]</font>

but using the turbo controller really isnt cheating either. that is what turbo controllers were made for. making it easier for the player to play the games. i see nothing wrong with leaving it on all night like that. it would be no different from sitting there watching the turbo controller do the work than sleeping and being healthy while the controller does its thing. the turbo controller is not cheating to begin with. if he just wants to sit there and watch the screen for hours, why should he have to press the button constantly. yet, another example of how if somebody is "cheating" and it is not affecting you, you make a big deal about it and how we made an agreement with Sega and ST. do you really think anybody reads all that text on the agree disagree menu? i sure dont. not worth it.

The turbo controler is cheating because it alter the game interface through the hardware, no different than moding you GC. or using a cheat device, that is what a turbo controler is, a cheat device to make controling the game easier. But if you want to use it I say go ahead as you say it does not hurt me. Just please do not nol me. Pking me is ok, It does not harm my data, does not harm me, well might loose some money or scape dolls.

Hater of mag-lovers

"if that is an exploit, then luring enemies into big packs and trapping them is obviously an exploit too."

I didn't say the exploit was killing Recoboxes over and over. I said the exploit was having the controller do it for you. So yes, if you rigged your controller to lure enemies together and kill them, it would be cheating.

Is a turbo controller cheating? In itself, no. But having the controller play for you while you sleep is cheating. That IS NOT what the controller is intended for. Nor the game intended to be played with a turbo controller- let alone BY a turbo controller.

Again, I must clarify for the slow:

Killing Recoboxes yourself is not cheating. Rigging your controller to kill Recoboxes while you sleep, watch tv etc... IS cheating. Period. By definition. End of discussion.

I'm sorry for not making it clear that my first post was aimed at people that do the actual Recobox trick, and not the topic poster. He isn't cheating, and he isn't doing the Recobox trick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-17 10:30 ]</font>

The Sparkling Diamond

On 2003-07-16 20:35, Dunedain wrote:
    This is a question that has been on my mind a while. I am currently raising a RAcast to level 200, but half the time I am using the recobox trick (far too boring to do this 24/7 LoL). And before you ask - no, I am not using a turbo controller. That seriously is cheating, at least in my mind. I actually sit next to the tv and personally do full combos getting bored half to death.

I want to get to level 200, feeling at least that I got there mostly/all legitly. I can't see why it is cheating, because it is perfectly legit to have an srank weapon with king's special, and removing your mag to get low atp. If that is cheating then you might as well call just using a king's weapon or any elemental weapon cheating. Mind you, my gun is duped, but that is beside the fact. I hardly know any level 200s who have never used a duped weapon to help them up to 200. Any opinions? Feel free to say anything you like, but do NOT flame me or anyone else.
    A good general rule I follow is this...

If you are asking yourself and/or others if something is "cheating" then you're probably already having some thoughts about whether or not it's completely legitimate. I myself have tried this trick and benefited in leveling up substantially. I will say however, that even though the tricked out character has surpassed many of my other characters in level, I'm still more proud of the characters that haven't gotten to where they are by using this method.

When it comes right down to it, I feel it's about personal investment. If I put two of my highly experienced characters side by side, both at the same level, one of which got their mostly through the trick and the other purely by regular play and I was forced to choose only one to keep, I'd choose the one that I didn't do the trick with. The reason is because I've invested so little of my time and efforts into the tricked out character and for me it wouldn't be as big of a loss as a character that I've personally invested a substantial amount of time and effort on.

That's my opinion for what it's worth

-Satine

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-07-17 10:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-07-17 10:33 ]</font>

I don't see the Recobox trick so much as cheating, but more as simply pointless. I can't think of a reason you would want to reach level 200 if not for the feeling of accomplishment, and where is that feeling in taping down a Turbo controller's button and having it gain you 11 million exp a day while you're not even there?

If anything, I dread reaching level 200 on any of my characters. I would hate the fact that they can't get stronger anymore. They'd be basically dead to me. I would never use them anymore, nor keep any items on them. It would be like they had reached the end of their lifespan. Why would you want to do this to a character if you're not even going to get the personal satisfaction of being able to say "I beat the shit out of that game!" is completely beyond me.

That being said, I don't really consider it cheating since you are earning your exp in a legitimate way; using a King's weapon. The fact that you use a King's Mechgun, that you do no damage, the fact that you do it to an enemy that cannot attack and has very low evp, and that you use the controller to play for you is simply clever in my opinion. Do I consider it a cheap way to level up? Yes. Do I consider it pointless? Youbetcha.

i havent used that trick yet, and the only time i would is when your at about level 76-79. i have never gotten to ultimate yet. kept getting corrupted at those levels and its a bitch during those last few levels.

i will shamelessly using the turbo controller king mechgun trick......

as soon as ST gets them on the damn box....

it's shifty yes, but some of us don't have another 350 hours to get another character up to 160 or so... i figure i get my ramar up to the level i had him back on the DC v.2 and start from there on the box...