Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry if that's a phrase used too often, but I couldn't think of a better way to draw people's attention. I didn't post this in the cheater's section because it's more about a potential threat to all players than cheaters. Now, here goes. I was playing with my little fragile Force and all of a sudden this guy named Komodo comes in, telepipes to us and...kills us with the resta pk. Now, I don't want to badmouth him, because he didn't take any of our stuff, just laughed and revived us. He killed us a bunch more, but he revived us each time and took nothing, so he isn't so bad. Even moreso was that he wouldn't tell me or the other person how to do it. THAT'S why he's not so bad. But, I feel we're insanely lucky that he doesn't spread the word, because the next thing you know every game you have has some little freak pking everyone and taking their stuff. Therein lies our problem. Any of these people that have figured out how to do it and decide to tell everyone could potentially destroy the entire game. Well, maybe that's a bit harsh, but it certainly would cause everyone to bank their best weapons mad quick. Still, I feel the need to bring this to people's attention. By the way, you do not need Gameshark to do it, I'm not going to even give the little hint komodo gave us to avoid people experimenting. I'm bringing this to people's attention because it's something that I'd think should be quickly brought to Sega's attention. Version 2 or no, this threatens the stability of the game. Thank you for your time.

Eh, that sucks. Won't really affect me though, I play only password protected games. But that sorta kills going out and finding new friends to play with

Rappy Hunter

hahaha, yay. I can't wait to learn it. This doesn't bother me much at all. PSO needs something to spice it up, and a bunch of people running around killing everyone would make things interesting.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

I don't think it will spread that fast. If I was to kill someone, why whould I tell them just so they could kill me? It's also sorta of a secert to the people that know it. Like "I know something you don't know"

Hee hee, that's funny killsharks. Spice up the game by destroying it. Good one. The reason I think it will spread that fast is if ONE person decides to spread it to everyone that asks, eventually, the new people who know it will tell others and so on. And people like killsharks are the kind of morons I'm talking about that shouldn't ever learn such a trick.

Rappy Hunter

When I learn it you are the first person I'll look for ratsmack so I can show you my new trick!

And last time I checked the game was already ruined by dupers and hackers. Ever seen a level 4 character with a hacked god hp (9002 hp), a level 999 mag and a spread needle? I rest my point.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

Thats funny coming from a person who Kills Sharks all day...

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

Well it looks like Sharks just proved your point Ratsmack. Oh and by the way Sharks, I haven't seen a level 4 character with a hacked God/HP, 999 mag, and a spread needle. But if I did, I would do the same thing as if I saw you coming. Leave and go elsewhere. PSO will never be ruined by the likes of you. I can just go play with honorable people like Ratsmack, and not be bothered by the likes of you. Have a nice day .

I'll throw in my two cents....

First of all, Sharks is right when he says PK spices up a game. Hey, it does. I didn't mind UO's PK'ing, for instance, because you had a chance to fight back, and you actually HAD to travel in groups to defend yourself. That was fun, and gave me plenty of great screenshots when I foiled the plans of a small group of PK'ers.

However, this PK'ing is diffferent. The Resta PK in PSO requires no actual skill (Other then simply knowing the trick) and can be done immediately, in the blink of an eye.

It's the equivalent of the Diablo 1 "Autokill" That came out a couple months after the game started going to pot.

PK'ing, I don't mind as long as its normal combat with a chance to fight back with your own weapons and spells.

But when the PK'ing is nothing more then a bug exploit, it hurts the game...peroid.

I play in private games anyway, and since I have 11 pages of Guild cards, I have quite a LARGE amount of people to put in those private games with me.

People like that are why I stick with my friends in passworded games. I don't need some neanderthal PK'ing me with a bug trick, and acting as if it required skill on his part.

Rappy Hunter

Ok, I will say that I want PK more than anything. I want pso to have open PK, that would just make things more fun. Now I know this bug thing isn't gonna be good for anyone, but right now I honestly don't care, and If someone killed me with it i'd probably laugh my ass off. And I will probably still try to learn it, not to steal or anything, as I am totally against theiving AND duping, but simply to be a bastard and get a laugh out of a game that people take too seriously.

If PSO had open PK that would have been so much fun. Those who didn't want to be PKed could have just played password games with friends.

And yes I am a bastard and no you probably wouldn't enjoy playing with me because I tend to annoy people, but at least I enjoy myself and can get a laugh out of the game.