Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really miss V1! It was actually fun, unlike V2 and Ep1&2! Fo techs were actually balanced, Fonewms weren't doing 500 more damage with rafoie than everyone else, BKB didn't exist, MOME could actually die in that one quest....

Casts and Caseals could actually solo areas and quests without needing some uber level of s/d/j/z. Weapon %'s were just fine, weapons like the photon claw and double saber were actually useful, Fomarls were more than just being the s/d bitches that they are now.

And everyone wasn't an asshole item whore, EVERYONE wanted to help the team... I miss V1

DAMN YOU V2! DAMN YOU EP1&2! DAMN YOU EP3! >

SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Rant away.
    But... I preferr traps.

HaHa. PSOX. Voice Chat. Cool. Period. Heh. Ok. Thats. Enough. Now. Ok. STOP. ...

I would have to consider PSo v 1 the best, just because at that time i had never experienced anything like it before. The besides for the respect level and helpfulness that has disappeared in the later versions, everything else seems to be surperior the only reason most people including myself sometimes find themselves complaining about something, is because we managed to raise them expectation bar way to high at some point

you completely miss the point, final hell.

after a bit of thought, i kinda agree with uncle_bob - v.1 was a good game. i dont really like ultimate mode, to be honest.

then again, i dont want to go back.

some weeks before v2 hit the shelfes in germany, i hit lvl 100 with my first chara in v1 - that was the end actually... and i didnt like it (thats why i dont aim at 200 now, in no way).

yes, techs are too strong now, forces are the easiest class to play (if tweaked right), but then again, its quite different online. and i wonder what my fomarl will be once she hits ultimate.

hm...

Blue Harmony

Count me in.
    I too consider v1 as my fav iteration of the game.
    Lacking a bit more specialization between forces, but overall very balanced and enjoyable.

I will never, ever believe that v2 was designed by the same people who did v1.
    Ultimate v2 is such a mockery of good design and balance.

V1 was the best for me for lot of reason.
    I metted very special friends.
    And things of the games was all new now ep I II or v2 Dc was only porting very good game but not had the same sensation like v1.

I have to dissent. Episode 1 and 2 are a major step above V1. Forces may appear uber strong, adn they are, but it takes quite a bit of work to get them there, and anyway, magic casters in all games are suppose to be teh most difficult and most supportive and most damaging palyers, and ST did a great job of doing that. At the same time, fighters are suppose to be able to tear things appart without the need of support from a billion different tricks, and they can. At the same point, Rangers are suppose to be somewhat of a balance between teh two, a good damage at long tech range, and ST did an uber job there too. Going to level 200 is a difficult job, more difficult than level 100, which was just too easy and ended the game. If you don't like Ultimate, you don't have to play there, but it is a great challenge for players with a good change in scenery. I think teams are mcuh better in Episode 1 and 2, more people have a greater ability to contribute. It isn't just, bots go and bash the hell out of things and Forces s/d j/z. Now there are opportunities for a variety of strategies.

You may ask the Guru three questions.

I dont know what your talking about. Sure, when V1 came out I was alot more excited that any of the other releases, and it was where most of us had our first and most memorable PSO experiences. But to me, the game has been so much more improved from V1.

Take into account the following;

-Classes more balanced and restricted. Whats the fun in playing a Ranger when every hunter could use the Spread needle? Whats the point of playing a force when Hunters and Rangers can use techs up to the same level 15 you can, including Grants, Reverser and Megid?

-Challenge and Battle mode.

-Visible changes, bolth visible armor and the 9 star weapons. And dont forget the dressing room.

-Did you forget the widespread use of Gamesharks and Codebreakers? Hacking is one thing but I refuse to deal with "code kiddies" ever again. Whats worse? Rampant duping or rampant Noling?

-Dropping weapons when you die sucks. So does backtracking to activate pillars.

-You say that now Forces are too strong but it takes a lot of work to get them there. Let me tell you that without twinking it takes a while before playing a force is easy.

-The one think I hated most about PSO on the Dreamcast were all the Japanese only quests that we never got, though that may have been more V2.

I could go on and on but I think what youre remembering more of the experience of playing PSO for the first time than the actual games. The only thing I think V1 had over episode 1 and 2 was no corruption and no HL fee. But to be honest, even the free HL had its drawbacks. I remember that when V2 came out, all the clowns that played just to hack werent willing to pay to play V2, and stayed on V1, which tells me that sometimes HL's can be a good thing. Its still expensive though.

You're right, back on PSO V.1 things were a hell of a lot different, since everyone was pratically a newbie and cared less about hacks (at least on the beggining).

But still, PSO EP I & II is my favorite version.