View Poll Results: Remenber those phone calls that you were wondering that who owns the PSO servers? You call MS,they t

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft

8 66.67%
  • Sega of America

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Lone Ranger

Remenber those phone calls that you were wondering that who owns the PSO servers? You call MS,they tell you Sonic (They probally ment Sega of America) owns them and when you call SOA,they teel you that MS owns them. So who really owns them?

The Lone Ranger

waiting for more votes...

That is a stupid pole considering PSO is on Xbox Live servers. And MS does not allow other companies to handle these servers.

I'm not going to vote because i don't actually know, but i'm starting to think that it might be microsoft who actually own the physical boxes, but sega/sonic team who maintain and update them, probably in accordance with ms rules as far as security, etc.
    I'm from england, so i connect to the eu psox servers, which have been more or less neglected from day one. A little while back, i was under the impression that the reason we didn't have updates was because the game was released here later than everywhere else, but then the shop dupe patch came out in japan/america, but not our servers so i'm starting to think it is actually through neglect.
    Microsoft, being a western company don't usually neglect europe, let alone with patches and security updates, it doesn't make any sense.

I thought Sega of America had seperate servers from the ones used for Xbox Live ...

would it matter anyway if whoever owned them started putting some decent stuff on them? i mean sure i love the burning rangers music in central fire but it would be nice to have something else.

Like all Live games, MS owns the servers. All Sega does is submit new content for the game, which MS puts through their testing dept., then certifies it and puts it in the game. For some retarded reason, Microsoft seems to want to certify the new content every time for each region separately, while any language in it was ALREADY TRANSLATED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Now if you ask me, that's pretty retarded.

They are not retarded, but simply cautious. They just want to make sure that the content doesn't have anything that might be deemed offensive or inappropriate by other countries/cultures, go figure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynosure_Zen on 2003-07-19 11:02 ]</font>

Microsoft runs everthing as the game was leased to thme. They run the servers and they also think its okay to charge $8.95 just because ST does on GC.

but doesn't ST get the money from the monthly fee?