Thread: fomarl

in the manual and online guides it says:
    'this is the most balanced of magic user classes, most but not all techniques may be learned'

er?
    if this is the case, how come high level hunters can use all the spells that forces can? (ie more than fomarl)

Forces are the 'Magic user classes.'
    FOmarl = most balanced of the Forces.

HUmar and HUnewearl are hunters.. they use spells, but are hunters who can cast.. hybrids.

FOmarls can use all the techniques, which gives rise to the first of several bits that are misleading if not outright long in the manual. It is possible that a FOmarls max MST could be short of the highest level technique in say Grantis or Megid, but doubtful.. and if it was the case, there's a lower max for the hybrid characters, so they'd still use all the techniques but hit that technique/level wall earlier. Hybrids will never 'outcast' a Force, also you will always have a lot more TP/use for trifuluids - we get more TP/MST.

Yes there really is too much crossover in the game.. if you want the best 'hardcore' choice for the 'strongest' character, you should go for a Hunewearl or Humar. That said, the game is very simple as it is, crossovers happen for all classes (I'm a bazooka toting force for gosh sakes ) and I can't say I have a problem contributing. You will get hit hard (though I die LESS than others in general) - you'll often lose over half of your hitpoints a hit, and you can go through TP very quickly. But money is much less of an issue as you level, so you can easily stock up on Trifluids with your big TP reserve. Toss in a weapon that drains TP, or mix it up with a lot of weapon damage after you weaken with area spell(s).

I usually lead with an area or two, and with my Force with a power mag, maxed ata, and power units, I still do some real damage with my infernal bazooka, shifta, and mixing in area shots. I really doubt there's a character choice that doesn't do well in this game *in a group*. But solo (and dark falz) forces hurt for hitpoints, and androids for techniques.

But the real enjoyment is online, and you can make most any combination work.. weapons and equipment can often set off deficiences. Pick what you'd like to play.. atleast the game as is doesn't demand real worries about not being able to do your part in a group. Be interesting to see what the append disk does to all this..

DCKaz
    Terra Prime 58 FOmarl

hunters cant damage enemies that well with techs.
    a level 29 HUnewearl, did about 45 damage(zonde lvl7) to a gomba(easy) while at level 19 FOnewm did 65 dmg(zonde lvl4)