Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

<theory>

I believe that the majority of dupers and dupe users enjoy PSO's gameplay more than legits. Why? Well, I realized this as I sat in Altair, saying to myself "God damn, PSO is a crappy game." I say this every once in a while, mostly when I burn out. I would quit, but I have too many friends on PSO, so I don't. Anyhoo, here is my "evidence" to support this claim:

People who use dupes or dupe themselves do not give a crap about the origins of their items. They just want to use what they want to use, and have fun doing it. If an item they own is legit, that's more often than not just a bonus (yes, people who use dupes still take pride in legit finds, despite what some people may tell you)

Legits basically can't have fun with PSO unless they know their stuff is legit. Why is that? Could it be that they just don't like PSO's actual gameplay enough to just use any old item, reguardless of where it came from? Maybe!

This is how I am: I never play PSO offline, and I really don't like just doing HS runs or some crap for hours and hours to gain a level. PSO just isn't that fun to me. That's why I became legit... I didn't like PSO enough just playing it, so I had to search for something new to hold my intrest- getting items the truest form of the "hard way" known to man.

</theory>

Anyway, if you disagree please post, I'm bored and want something interesting to read.

BUT.... God said onto man, "may this thread not be consumed by flames and stupid fighting..." so please try to keep it civil.

King of Nothing

On 2003-07-21 18:53, Aurra wrote:
    <theory>

I believe that the majority of dupers and dupe users enjoy PSO's gameplay more than legits. Why? Well, I realized this as I sat in Altair, saying to myself "God damn, PSO is a crappy game." I say this every once in a while, mostly when I burn out. I would quit, but I have too many friends on PSO, so I don't. Anyhoo, here is my "evidence" to support this claim:

People who use dupes or dupe themselves do not give a crap about the origins of their items. They just want to use what they want to use, and have fun doing it. If an item they own is legit, that's more often than not just a bonus (yes, people who use dupes still take pride in legit finds, despite what some people may tell you)

Legits basically can't have fun with PSO unless they know their stuff is legit. Why is that? Could it be that they just don't like PSO's actual gameplay enough to just use any old item, reguardless of where it came from? Maybe!

This is how I am: I never play PSO offline, and I really don't like just doing HS runs or some crap for hours and hours to gain a level. PSO just isn't that fun to me. That's why I became legit... I didn't like PSO enough just playing it, so I had to search for something new to hold my intrest- getting items the truest form of the "hard way" known to man.

</theory>

Anyway, if you disagree please post, I'm bored and want something interesting to read.

BUT.... God said onto man, "may this thread not be consumed by flames and stupid fighting..." so please try to keep it civil.
    Well, first off, I'd like to back you up on the dupers still like to find good legit items. sure we may or may not dupe them when we find a good legit item but at one point I thought some of my really good items were legit and that made me excited (altho they're duped now). Also I'm not totally sure on the fun thing, you made some excellent points in there but really it's the person playing, not the whole group. some legits really have fun knowing that they can play w/o doing anything that's cheating. but on the other hand dupers have quite a bit of fun too, and legits USUALLY think that they ruin their game from duping, but that's not true. if duping ruined our games why would we do it? and also any1 who says that people dupe and/or hack cause they're bad at the game is just plain wrong. I played my first 122 levels semi-legit. semi meaning I traded and stuff for things that I wanted w/o knowing if those things were legit but I never duped. I accepted a few free items from my friends that duped later on tho. then I totally accepted items (from my friends only!!) after corrupting then I came upon the shop method and started duping. and frankly pso doesn't much involve skill...well, that's all I have to say lol....btw aurra, you have a good attitude on all this stuff lol, you're not going around bashing dupers like most legits do. thx for that lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brett on 2003-07-21 19:12 ]</font>

The One and Only Japanese Latino

Aurra you are so right. And your pics are so Kyooooooooote! ^.~ /

Hater of mag-lovers

Depends on the person. Some enjoy playing legit more. Some enjoy not playing legit more.

I pity the people that say their way is the best, without having tried the other.

about the "cherishing legit weps" i have to agree becuase i never duped or spreaded my home-made mags, my legit orotagito, or my legitimate partisan of lightning...so....there's a little evidence if anyone was scepticle.

I don't agree with duping, but it's human nature to take advantage of a bug.

The only thing that would really piss me off is that if I spent ages finding a legit item, traded it off then a day later finding tons of copies of that item, whats the point of doing all that hard work if it's gonna be duped anyway?

Also it does get really lame when get everyone with the same weapons and the same mags, it's just stupid.

Finding the rare items and leveling your mag are two big parts of the game, tke away that thru duping and all you then have is leveling, which makes the game very boring.

I don't judge ppl for duping, it's there choice, plus it's there own falut if they choose to take most of the fun away from them.

King of Nothing

On 2003-07-21 22:04, Skankhair wrote:
    Depends on the person. Some enjoy playing legit more. Some enjoy not playing legit more.

I pity the people that say their way is the best, without having tried the other.
    I pretty much agree with you 100%

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Well as said before many people, many ways. I personaly love to find a rare weapon I've never seen before, although in the DC days I made my own weapons because of a weapon shortage. I still liked it when I found a special weapon that wasn't ye old DB saber. In fact I always love to have a veriaty of weapons to play with, the problem is though I usually get stuck with one paritcular weapon for an entire game. I hate having to search hi and low and kill minion after minion trying to get them to drop weapons I like, such as Partisan of Lightning and the anchent(sp? >_<) saber.

The worst part is while I'm happy to eventually get that weapon, I'm really pissed when I finally get it just case it took so much time to grab hold of it. If you had heard me after I finally got my double saber (curtesy of Baraba Ray after god knows how many run throughs and the fact I was level 90+ at the time) you could hear me cussing out Baraba Ray from down the street.

Unfortunatly not many of the enemies I fight drop different weapons so I just run through the game with ye old Storm wand or Ice staff: Dagon. Heck my hunter has had his del saber set since about mid 40's. It gets kind boreing because I never have new swords to play with or anything nearly as good as the delsaber set. So I kinda get burned out after a while and thats why I have so many secondary characters, so that way when I get bored with my hunter I switch to another one of my haren to play with at a low level for a while.

old school fanatic

Dupers & dupe users don't actually enjoy the game more than legits. The ONLY reason I say this is because they spend an incredible amount of time going through the dupe process and/or trading for items. More than anything else, that is what I despise about dupes. I've had to sit in P2 & wait while people screw around in the shop/bank taking care of their dupes. I just want to play the game and have fun. In my experience the dupe users are more concerned about getting the rarest items than they are about actually using them.
    That being said, the whining legit isn't doing him/herself any favors either. I can't imagine that a whining legit is having much fun as they bitch & moan about cheaters.
    This is just my opinion & it is based on playing with people I know that use dupes and dupe themselves. It is also based on having a cool group of legit friends that does NOT cry, bitch & moan about how cheaters ruined the game.

On 2003-07-22 10:33, gallaugher wrote:
    I've had to sit in P2 & wait while people screw around in the shop/bank taking care of their dupes. I just want to play the game and have fun.
    That's not what I meant I meant that from my experience, people who are willing to use dupes generally seem more enthusiastic about PSO's gameplay (the hacking and slashing of boomas, etc) than legits do.