Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It has come to attention that there are just too many people here that are using these forums to trade dreaded duped items. If you trade/have/created these then in the end Sega will kick you off of their servers. It seems that we will be aiding the process by have you, the users, trading legit/duped items and it just cannot be.

We are considering abolishing the Trades forum due to the fact that the majority of traders on the forum are dupers.

Please, I would like to have your thoughts/comments on this subject. You decide, to keep it or abolish it.

Thank you for your time.

L8ter
    Rag

Hey Rag, man, I really appreciate you respecting us enough to bring this to us for a decision. Lets see here...where do I stand... Lets go back to the beggining. Since this Trade forum was started when I first got PSO I have been a regular and seen the many tides of "Ultimate rare" items: Varista and DBL Saber, than there was the Stag cuttlery and Twin Brand and Mag cells, now the Lavis cannon, Nei's claw, C-Sorcerers cane. Etc. I have been there all the way, And the other person on this board that I greatly respect is Gaurdian, although I havent seen him in a while. It seems to me that if you look around many people are Duping on these boards and than trading for other dupes or sometimes legit items. at the moment I can only speak for 3 people, myself being 1. I myself Do not own any items that are duped to my knowledge, I have put all my items in my inventory and tried entering games, and have not gotten the common message: "you have items that were created illegaly, blah blah blah" Thats how I test my items at the moment. Also Cowboybebop does this also and is a legit player, and lastly GameAddict9 who has gone as far as to entirely wipe out his inventory and stick to items he finds himself. I am in favor of keeping the boards, or! in a idea, What if you were to limit the boards to a few who we are fairly sure are not Dupers and will not trade duped items, than Other people can join ONLY by refferal from existing members. What do you think? Also do you know of any other Trading boards?

Thanks for hearing me out

-Rukh

Rukh, I really appreciate your reply. You came up with alot of valid objectives that were very interesting and I will take into consideration. Again, thank you for the reply. I cannot make a precise decision as of yet because there has only been one comment which was yours (thanks).
    Please, users of this Trade Forum, provide me with your comments.

Im pretty new, so I didnt really want to throw in my two cents here, but since no one else is replying, here goes.

I think most of us can tell the people that are trading dupes/hacks. If someone lists a egg +99 or a god/equip or something, its obvious. When some one has just about every rare in the game up for trade, and trading for pretty pitiful rares, its obvious. We know the risks, some are willing to take a chance.

With my pitiful stash of rares and horrible luck, I will never get a legit Holy ray. Im willing to take the chances to obtain one, I know what could happen.

This is the dumbest thing ive ever heard(well almos) they think taking down these boards will help the pso community and pso word i laugh at that its just gonna hurt the comunity and pso world. I mean if they ban these boards(asuming we dont revolt,etc.)everyone should just go to the gamefaqs boards which in the end you will have alot of pissed off dupers screwing up the comunity on a duping rampage and almost half of the pso world users use this board which means pso world isnt such a popular place.

ANOTHER THING THIS GOES OUT TO THE PEPLE RUNNING THE SITE
    you need donations to keep the site open you take down the trading forums and you just f*** yourselves you lose about 40% of the possible donaters so id think twice.

Why don't you guys just trust SEGA? They are taking the steps to prevent all this cheating even as I type. If you close it down, and SEGA succeed in cutting down the cheating by a significant amount, what will happen? Most trade would be legit then, but it can't happen in PSO World anymore. That will be sad.

trade will never be legit...

there is methods of duping that sega cannot detect.. and therefor trading of duped items wont matter....

i think that everyone that has ever traded has a duped item ... besides who would trade there uber rare away if it were there only one??

On 2001-03-22 03:27, Stixxx wrote:
    trade will never be legit...
    Probably not 100%.

there is methods of duping that sega cannot detect.. and therefor trading of duped items wont matter....
    SEGA cannot detect...
    You are talking about SEGA, the one which build your hardware, as well as created this game. You will forgive me if I somehow doubt that you'll know better than them. Let me give you 2 examples, one of which has already been implemented in other online games;

1. Save file in server.
    2. Encoded serial number to items.

There are surely other methods. We are not talking about a 100% perfect method here, but simply one which cut down duping by a significant amount.

i think that everyone that has ever traded has a duped item ... besides who would trade there uber rare away if it were there only one??
    For all we know, the first dupped item could have been a monomate You're right, who's to say for sure that all their traded items are legit.

As for trading those only one uber rares... simple. A FOrce would trade his/her only STAG CUTLERY for a CADECEUS anyday... I would!

Well, after having just been rat screwed by the server, I for one am pleased that I might be able to replenish some of my lost items by trading with what I have left of my inventory. I am not looking for uber rares anyway, but to replace the semi rares that I lost. If I can't do that here, then I am at the mercy of someone that I randomly encounter in the Matrix, so to speak. At least if someone takes the trouble to register and post here, they would rather not have their rep tarshed and not be able to post again.

I think the security will get better, and like someone above said, it's pretty obvious who the dupe traders are. They have all the REALLY hard to find stuff and want a VARISTA +15% dark.

I say leave them up a while longer. Besides, when the ver.2 disk shows up (fingers crossed) maybe a lot of the cheats won't work anyway (for new rares at least).

Thanks RuKh
    I completely agree with both Rukh and scorpio, I think we do need to trust sega will do something about duping, they need to do it without effecting the innocent who may have recieved a duped item and judging from Sega's current actions. That's what they are doing and in the future if you have a duped or hacked item and sega disables it I'd be fine with that too.

But if some action has to be taken then I'd like to go with Rukh plan admit trust worthy people who want honest trades and the rest can be referred by members a excellent way to deal with it.
    we can do a lot to end duping as a whole as rukh mention if we test our own items and
    question the people you aquire weapons from, did you find this or trade for this if it's trade then look at the attributes If you've seen them before(like the 0,30,35,10 twin brand) don't accept it. If they say they've found it I ask where ? If they answer correctly then trade if not leave. It's not doing much but I try. I use to like trading for weapons not fully grinded but in the last couple of games it's easy to see how they could be fully grinded I get a lot of gringers in v-hard.

I have suspended all my trades until I finish testing my characters inventories and I have 4 characters so it may be a few days Before I finish.
    Just a couple of thought but duping won't stop unless you try no method from sega or us will be 100% but we have to try.
    So far I've rid the world of spread needles, oritoagito, twin brands, egg blaster, and holy rays.