Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

s things to say:
    1st dont close the trading forum because the trades will pour over into the other forums and theres gonna be a problem...

2nd I think that haveing a duped rare isnt so evil simply because it is impossible to find ALL of the rares you may want. However, when trading for rares make sure it is a fair trade... that way, you in fact "earn" the rare you trade for by trading items you worked hard to find. If legit players followed such a practise legit trading would, once again, be a viable option.

Don't you realise that the GSers can now CREATE ANY ITEM THEY WANT??? You really think they'd bother to come here and do something as stupid as... TRADE???

Originally by MechDan;

"..You say I have no business discussing this topic unless I'm a trader? WRONG. First off, I used to trade BEFORE it was cheating (because of duping)."

How did you know whether it was before or after? As far as I know, NO ONE knows the EXACT moment it started. I don't, do you? I can simply find no guarantee or whatsoever to prove that you do not have a duped item in your possession unless YOU NEVER TRADED, EVER! In which case, you have no business commenting on the survival of the Trading Board.

Just my 2 cents... no hard feelings, everyone.

Just a lil' bit old school. Mazarin's Avatar

Now this is stupid.

Who gives a flying fack when dooping started? I'm sure most people tried to trade in the begining, but then stoped after a while. Others continued to trade.

I got alot of my things thru trading. And yes, chances are that I have some duped items. SO!? Weather or not I drop em dosent mean all dupers/sharkers are suddenly going to grow a concience.

I do take great pride on my legit Frying Pan, Dbl Sabre, Delsabre Buster, and Mag cell 502(now a happy little Soniti ^_^) among other items I have. But just because I got a Chaos Sorcerer's Cane in a trade means I should be banned from all functions of the board?

It's gonna happen. The infestation of duped items is unstopable. Ti's a damn shame, it is. and the demise of the trade forum will not hurt the trend at all. Newbies have plenty of resources to trade and such. I'm also on cable service, so the bandwith means beans to me. But I'm sure there's someone out there running a 14.4.

One accusing another isn't going to solve the worlds problems. Pissing and moaning, bitching and whining. If you don't like it, leave. I'm not stopping anyone. I like it here. Honesty is a rare comoddoty these days. Please don't taint the haven we hold dear to us because you're worried about somone elses morals.

If you're a cheater, ta hell with ya. If you're an innocent victim that likes your stuff, so what? No hurt to anyone. leave it alone.

My 5 yen.

Death to Gidget.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mazarin on 2001-03-22 05:28 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

I think the Duper-Board should be taken down. Just look at that thing, Lavis Cannons, Heaven Punishements, rare mags etc. everywhere, it's ridiculous. At least 80% of those have to be dupes. Yes, taking it down will hurt some legid traders but sometimes you just have to make a bit of a sacrifice for the common good. Apart from that legid trading has become an impossibility anyway by now. You have no way of knowing whether an item is duped, do you. Will this measure stop duping? No, of course not, the dupers will just go about their dirty trade somewhere else. But at least PSO WORLD won't provide a plattform for them anymore, thus removing that stain from it's reputation and at least slowing the dupers down. When it comes to the issue of trade posts overflowing into the general board, it's simple:
    A) Make it clear that no trade posts must be posted on the general board.
    B) Delete post from users that do it anyway.
    C) Ban users who repeatedly do it.

Mercenary for Hire

You've got to understand something about bandwidth. The user side bandwidth is real cheap (you already know that). It's the server side bandwidth which costs real money. Create a high demand web site and find out yourself--there's a reason why even big name web sites like deja.com go bankrupt and fold.

Anyway, I know I stopped trading before duping became rampant because I only traded around with my first character in the first couple weeks PSO came out here. Then when my friends got the game I played almost exclusively with them or offline, so I wasn't trading (I was helping them level up). In those early days when everyone was less than level 50, rares weren't traded much--only "common rares". By the time I went back to open games, I'd heard that duping was now possible. It was still quite a while before true rare items became rampant.

But even if I were a flagrant cheating duper hypocrite, my argument would still be just as valid. The PSO World Trading Forum no longer has any valid purpose. Worse, it is now a venue for cheaters, dupers, and their supporters (both witting and unwitting).

The argument that you have no right to discuss getting rid of the trading forum unless you trade duped items to/from strangers is utterly laughable. So only cheaters or their supporters have the right to discuss getting rid of this blight on PSO World? Shameful.

Veteran Fighter

Well, I did say with qualifications...

If Ragnarok says he wants it up, then leave it up. If he says he can handle it, I believe him.

So yes, despite the fact that I personally find the forum in it's current sate distasteful at best, I say leave it up.

No, this doesn't mean I agree with anyone else in particular out there. It simply means that I'd put more stock in Rag than in a few nasty people who don't give a damn about this site, other than as a place to g3t sUM ph4t l00tby d00ping.

So the thing here is, "how can the board make sure that all offered items are legit?"

*scratch scratch*

Well, I don't know I assume that only SEGA can implement the neccessary change so that no duping can be done. I don't think there's much PSO World can do here. The boards is simply a reflection of the game. The reason there are dupers here is because there are dupers in the game, not because PSO World set up a Trade Forum.

There've been shoot-out (duping) in schools (trade board), but it's not the school's (trade board's) fault, and tearing down the school (trade board) won't stop the shooting (duping). It just a reflection of the society (game).

Taking down the board is to me, as good as admitting defeat to the cheaters. "Ok! You win, we can't fight you and your dupped items, and we think that SEGA is too stupid & incompetent to deal with you. But even though we're defeated, we will play the part of the bad losers and take away your little playground here, because that's the only thing we can do. So THERE!"

Mercenary for Hire

The difference is that when there's a school shooting, it's only one or a few shooters out of hundreds of students. The vast majority of the students aren't crazy shooters so the school can still perform its legitimate purpose. The school can still perform its legitimate purpose, so it should stay open.

In the trading forum, practically all of its users are either cheaters or support cheaters (wittingly or unwittingly). There is no such thing as legitimate rare trading with strangers any more. The trading forum can not perform its legitimate purpose.

You know, you can tell just by looking at my list of trading items which one's I've found on my own and which ones are trades. Currently, I'm hoping to find a few certain items then quit the trading biz altogether.

Starting the board over from scratch, as Seutekh had stated, is a good idea, but it probably won't solve every problem... just some. Some's better than none, I suppose, but I'd rather the bandwidth went to the discussion board so everything didn't take forever to load (even on a T-1 connection).

I vote to abolish the board. It was great, and I still use it from time to time, but when it's gone, I won't miss it.

Russian

Let's set some things straight:

The Trade Forum is a way for strangers to trade. This is where you go when your friends can't help you.

There is no way to be sure what you're getting from strangers is legit. So trading with strangers is not a legit option.

This site doesn't support things that aren't legit.

End of Trade Forum.

Hope that's simple enough for you guys.