Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Fighter

This game has a lot of loose ends. So lets see some stuff I'm curious about.

1) Elenor. She shows up a lot, talks to mags, seems to be more to her... is there?

2) Bernie and Sue. Sue lost track of her partner, Bernie shows up in the next mission. There's some guy you can talk to but he just says 'Su..', if he was her partner, you'd think Sue would say something. They both can open stuck doors with the comment 'I have the knack', maybe one picked it up from the other.

3) In the Gran Squall mission, one guy talks about the 'man in black'. Is he talking about Black Paper perhaps? While on the subject, what happened to all the hunters Black Paper took?

4) Where ARE the people of Pioneer 1?

5) Who the heck are DB and Flowen, and why can't they keep track of their equipment?

6) What happened to Red Ring Rico after the defeat of Dark Falz?

7) Why do newman force users wear funny shoes?

Was Kireek being controlled by Dark Falz? Either way, he said he was hired to kill you, who hired him? And who was the 'Pioneer 1 rival' he spoke of?

9) What was the 'native research' missions about, they were all secretive and didn't tell you much, besides continually telling you not to tell anyone.

10) What was Dr Osto up to? You don't just create horrible genetic mutations for fun.

11) What WAS the purpose of the Pioneer project? It's hinted at more than once that it's more than just a resettling.

12) What was the secret mission of the Gran Squall? And whats this 'little lady' that has this mysterious 'chip' implanted in her that we never hear of again?

13) Are the ruins the Alisa III?

As a side note, ever notice how many missions end with the 'sad music'? Tragedy city.

] 2) Bernie and Sue. Sue lost track of her partner, Bernie shows up in the next mission. There's some guy you can talk to but he just says 'Su..', if he was her partner, you'd think Sue would say something. They both can open stuck doors with the comment 'I have the knack', maybe one picked it up from the other.

LOL

] 3) In the Gran Squall mission, one guy talks about the 'man in black'. Is he talking about Black Paper perhaps? While on the subject, what happened to all the hunters Black Paper took?

my guess is yes
    dead

] 4) Where ARE the people of Pioneer 1?

dead

] 5) Who the heck are DB and Flowen, and why can't they keep track of their equipment?

LOL

] 7) Why do newman force users wear funny shoes?

they're gay

] 9) What was the 'native research' missions about, they were all secretive and didn't tell you much, besides continually telling you not to tell anyone.

they were studying the genetic mutations

] 10) What was Dr Osto up to? You don't just create horrible genetic mutations for fun.

you know scientists... do something because they can without questioning if they should...

] 12) What was the secret mission of the Gran Squall? And whats this 'little lady' that has this mysterious 'chip' implanted in her that we never hear of again?

probably a reconnaissance mission
    wasnt that elenor?

] As a side note, ever notice how many missions end with the 'sad music'? Tragedy city.

yeah, and alot of death...

__There's some guy you can talk to but he just says 'Su..', if he was her partner, you'd think Sue would say something.__

Actually, the NPCs are rather dense that way. --; If you bring Cicil into town during The Lost Bride, for instance, her fianc? will be completely oblivious to her presence and talk about her as if she isn't there. ;

__Where ARE the people of Pioneer 1?__

A teammate of mine has a theory that Dark Falz transformed them all into Dimenians.

__...And whats this 'little lady' that has this mysterious 'chip' implanted in her that we never hear of again?__

I think he's referring to the FOnewearl in Gran Squall. What in blazes is her name, anyway? All the other default characters have names and roles in the story (Ash is the default HUmar, Kireek is the default HUcast, et cetera... and I think that crazy android in the Cave is the default RAcast... okay, so they don't all have names), but that one just shows up at the very end of one quest and never says a word, and you never hear of her again.

The number of loose ends in this game is so infuriating that it *has* to be intentional. I think they're laying out the groundwork for the sequel. (...I hope...)

hehe

w00t!

good reply

PSO Assassin

<blockquote>
    My going theory on the whereabouts of the Hunters and Forces of Pioneer 1 at least are that they're still with us.. as Delsalbers and Chaos Sorcerers. Not too sure on what became of the Rangers though (certainly not Dark Gunners). As for any civilians who might have been along for the ride? Demlians all the way... mmhmm..
    <blockquote>

Here are a few questions of my own:

Why don't the NPC's have mags, especially Elenor?

Why doesn't Kireek AKA The Black Hound lose HP when he's using the Soul Eater?

Why don't the NPC's drop their items?

What is the matrix?

Veteran Fighter

Actually, on the note of the souls of Poineer 1's crew...

I don't think they're the monsters in the ruins. Well.. not completely anyways.

I think it's quite possible that their bodies were transformed into the nasties you see in the "Ruins" level, but I don't think that's quite the end of their story.

Take a really close look at the ground next time you're fighting DF's first few forms.

PSO Assassin

This game sure has a lot of loose ends but hey, that's what anime oriented games do. Personally I think that they're guessing you've played and beaten and followed Phantasy Satr like a cult or they're just preping for a sequal to end the whole dark falz thang. Like fighting in his dimension or putting him into the sun or something like that. By the way. Shir, you have to be one of the coolest people in this world. That sig is also extremely cool. How'd you do it, did you draw it yourself? Can you make me one? Or show me how to make my own? When do you play because this single RAmar is lookin' for a hot chick to spar with...

7) Why do newman force users wear funny shoes?

they're gay
    --------------------------------------------

Faceless ---

Actually, all force character's wear those big platform/weird thingie's. Even FOmarl's (you just have to look up their dress ). I think they are insecure about their height.

Everyone except AVIENDHA.......that is

I'm hip to Seutekh's answer. That's my theory as well.

Also, look at the 'floating head' spirits in the sky during the fight with Dark Falz. Sometimes they pass really close to the screen so you can actually see the face inside. Spirits of the dead of Pioneer 2? Stranger things have happened...

Russian