There seems to be a lack of force weapon knowlege in the database.
    I noticed a few problems, so I shall list them here.

The following weapons are classified as canes even though they are rods:
    Battle Verge
    Brave Hammer
    Plantain Leaf
    Demonic Fork
    Striker of Chao
    Alive Aqhu

Don't be fooled. Just because the discription says its a cane, it doesn't mean it is an acual cane. Check how the player holds it and the fighting animations.

These weapons are classified as canes even though they are wands:
    Ice Staff: Dagon
    Fire Sceptor: AGNI
    Storm Wand: Indra

I know they say they are magic canes in the discription, but they have wand animations and note that a non-rare scepter is a red wand, a non-rare staff is a blue wand, and a non-rare wand is a green... well... a green wand!

And also, i do believe "The Sigh of a God" is a cane; however, i am not 100% sure about this one.

If I see any more mistakes, I'll be sure to let you know.

We list them as what ST lists them as.

So, pretty much, we're going by the offical information from Sonic Team.

So, everyone, what do you want? What Sonic Team themselves classify them as, or by what users think they should be?

Keep in mind we DID go by what the users said they were. And when we did that we had to go in and change items multiple times. If we do go by what users want to go by, we will have to have a lot of users agree on a lot of individual items before we change them.

Personally, I think you should classify them as what they are.

As Mowse mentioned - the holding, walking, and attacking animation pretty sums up what the weapon actually is.

Your affiliate site (http://link.mods.jp/pso) has the weapons listed like this, and I like to think of it as the correct way.

Just my thoughts.

I don't think they should be classified by what type of weapon they, in terms of how they are held and how their animations are, since not all of the weapons under those classifactions have the same style of attack. For instance, the Spread Needle is specified as a Rifle due to how it's held and of its speed. But, you can't fairly compare it to other rifles since its attack is so different. I'm sure it would take a lot of work to classify the weapons according to what people think they should be, but in the end it would most likely be best, since weapons would then be compared more fairly.

yes but what you think they are might not be what someone else thinks they are. and then what?

On 2003-07-28 22:38, Saladwood wrote:
    We list them as what ST lists them as.

So, pretty much, we're going by the offical information from Sonic Team.
    *blink* How can they say that a branch of pakupaku is a rod, but then turn arond and say that the striker of chao is a cane? The only differences are the special attack, ATP increase, and the fact that theres a little chao on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mowse on 2003-07-29 10:09 ]</font>

Phanatic

A question: Why do you follow Sonic Team's tables while at the same time complaining about their bad service?

Well I would certainly say that if they are used and held like something they aren't called, change it. of course, my anticedents (sp) suck here, but I'm talkin about the weapons. Go by what the people say! power to me!...errr. . . the people! ^o^

wait what? we never complained about their service. in fact i personally think that a lot of the complaints about st is overexaggerated.

and Artemidorus, which people exactly, you, him, her? when it comes to that, people have different opinions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-29 14:36 ]</font>