Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello. This is my first guide so I hope it helps.

General Info:

This guide will help you make your very own meleeing force. The two forces that you can do this with are the FOmar and the FOmarl. Both forces are good in fighting with weapons but which one is right for you. The FOmar has lower def and hp then the FOmarl but does have higher EVP, ATP and MST. I'm not going to explain a lot about there spell boosts but will go over some. Both the FOmar and FOmarl get a boost in Shifta & Deband making them good in support but the FOmarl also get a Resta & Anti boost as well.

Material usage:

You're a force so you don't really have a lot of ATP, ATA, DEF or HP so your going to have to make up for it in mags, units and Materials. For the FOmar: You need more DEF and HP. So your usage will be around this amount 60 DEF, 95 Power, 95 Mind, and 150 HP. For the FOmarl: You will need little more MST and ATP then DEF so here yours: 40 DEF, 105 Mind, 105 Power, and 150 HP. You can change the usage of your character is all up to you the player but this is just an idea of what you should use.

Units:

Very straightforward and go more into tease then what you have to have. Its good to have a /battle unit so you can attack faster but is not really necessary you'll need ATP or ATA but again its what you want (this is your force). Here what your ideal uses are: God/power, God/arm, God/arm, God/battle or a God/hp. I would keep the first three but the last one is up to you.

Mag:

You trusty Mag is one of the most important things to making a meleeing force. You need ATP and ATA so out more in to Pow and Dex then def. Not put anything in mind. You can just make a mind Mag to spell cast. The best stats for the Mag should be 5/145/50 or even 5/120/75. This will give you the ATP and ATA you need to get through the levels.

Weapons:

Both forces should have weapon with hit % to them (you can use weapon without hot just make hitting thing easier). Use guns and slicer type weapons the reasons why is gun will let you set far from the enemy and take them out with little to no damage. Slicers can hit enemy from a distance and nail 5 of them at once (good times). You can also use saber, cane, double sabers, twin sabers is all up to you!!

Armor/Shields:

Get the best set of armor you can get. Merges shouldn't be used unless it's a supportive merge and playing with other people. Why you ask? Its because you'll need all the def and evp you can get and merges lack in both.

Tips:

Here?s soon survival tip I picked up along the way.
    1) Use Jellen and Zulure. I really didn't explain it but without these two spells you are going to suffer. Lowering the attack & defense of your enemy will save you time, hp and tp.
    2) Use Shifta and Deband: You know why

3) Get good Photon Blasts on your Mag.

4) Don?t get cornered!!

5) Use Tp for support attacks.

6) Use god/ability at higher levels to help even out stats.

Good Luck and Have fun!
    People to thank for helping this guide:
    ChibiWarrior
    PSO_4_LiFe

There my first guide. If you find an error post it and I'll correct it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiltnkirby26 on 2003-08-06 11:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiltnkirby26 on 2003-08-06 12:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiltnkirby26 on 2003-08-06 12:39 ]</font>

Hmm, let's see... OMG I got too many wait...

AND FOmar has Gi spell boost =/.
    I think that's better than resta & anti =).

And i like your signature.

there are "?" in some words but ur guide is great good job!

I think spell check did that without telling me. Thanks I'll fix it.

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

good guide, i knew most everything but itll help out the new comers ot the game. good job.

Svm Inimicus Mali

Most of this can be applied to FOnewms and FOnewearls as well. People will look at you funny (in the PSO sense), but it can be done. Besides, Newm/earls have higher ATA, and Shifta/Zalure take care of much of the damage issue. Any Force class can be made to melee. ^_^

Dont forget to add the Fonewman, he makes a good melee force as well, heck the only bad stat he has is his atp and even then its not so bad.

Also he can switch between being a tech blasting guy to a melee one rather easily just a matter of having the right mag and due to his tech bonuses.

I forgot all about him. I'll add that in.

Edit:This will be the FOmar &FOmarl meleeing force guide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiltnkirby26 on 2003-08-06 11:53 ]</font>

Heh. I feel motivated to go make a melee-ing FOmarl.

Superb guide.

But may I add the fact that you could also use God/Ability in place of that God/Power once the Force character is at a high level? Maybe you should put that, a melee Force's stats should be evened out, so it's easy to play with. One stat shouldn't be incredibly ahead of another, so keep it even with a God/Ability.

My Force uses: God/Ability, God/Arm, God/Battle, and God/Mind. Maybe you should also include a God/Mind to make the MST keep up.

Just suggestions for a good FAQ. ^_^

- Kanore
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2