K since I am having computer problems (I need to buy a Windows 98 SE CD, but I don't want to).....I was thinking of ways to play online and I asked several friends who know a thing about computers and I came up with this idea.

Since I have DSL but my family mostly never uses the computer I was planing to connect my BBA to the modem verizon gave me using an Ethernet cable, and play whenever the computer is off (which is most of the time)...
    Does the BBA suppost an ethernet cable connection, or do I need a different cable????

And the most important question can this work so I don't have to waste money buying a 7 feet ethernet cable???

the whole idea of this is to connect the modem directly to my BBA......

Also does anyone know if the computer must be on or off??

I"m assuming you're talking about the cube here....but I can't be sure as it's never mentioned.

If that is the case, then you can use standard ethernet cables to link your BBA directly to your DSL modem. If you're going to be doing plugging and unplugging of cords, have the power in the modem and the cube turned off. When you turn the modem back on, like it does for the computer, it will need time to cycle through and synchronize.

This above assumes you have the cube, and a standard connection of DSL. Sometimes stuff is funky... but not often.

If you have the Box, Verison is a known working ISP for the PSO game, and will play fine straight through the modem. Just follow plugg in directions above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kat on 2003-08-12 10:37 ]</font>