Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just curious... I made my first attempt on him last night at lvl 44... his spinning spikey things ate me for breakfast and then picked my mangled remains out of their teeth with my own mother's face. After approximately 30 billion zillion consecutive attempts, about 0.00002% of which managed to get past the spinning spike stage (and I immediately died all of those times as well the first time he spat out more spikes), I finally gave up and decided to play online V-Hard to gain some levels and equip before I try again. This was kind of a surprise, since I had no real problem fighting through the ruins to get to him and thought I was probably strong enough to take him easy. So back to the question: what level did all of YOU manage to solo him in Hard?

I took him on for the first time last night at level 72. I royally kicked his ass.

I had just began to play offline last night when I was trying to get Delsabre's Buster. Took me a while, but I finally got it, and I just decided to beat it on Hard since I'm so close. And I did.

Online with four people: 45
    offline: 61

Megled(sp) will take almost anyone out. Just level up and play v-hard on-line =P

i was 47 when i beat him solo you need to have alot of scape dolls on you i had like 13 but hope that you dont get killed by the spike things or they will just keep killing you and you will lose all your scape dolls + for the final form of faz you will need Resist/saint or else your gonna be toast

I beat him at level 57(HUmar) without using a scape doll. I attempted to fight him at level 51 and got my ass kicked. Use a weapon that hits multiple targets when fighting his first two forms, so your not overrun with spikeys. On his last two forms use a really fast high damage weapon. I used S-Beat's Blade, smoked his last form in two combos . Also if you have less than 400 HP you better have 15 or more Light Resistance for his last form.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Lord_Ariakas on 2001-02-18 16:04 ]</font>

I beat him at level 45, but I did have 40 light resist and like 10 scape dolls.

ok i was lvl 52, i brought 9 scape dolls with me, the first form ate all 9 of my damn dolls!!! i was like wtf took me so long to get here and now i am going to die w/out scapedolls so i fought and i fought and i died sigh so i teleport back to the boss portal..... i figure i can't give up now, i worked so hard to just quit out... so i went in ran through all those bastard spike things and started bucking them from the outside rim w/ my meteor smash, woot! ok this is dragging on much longer than i had expected i ended up slaying him w/ no scapedolls at all! so don't lose hope! just wear 4 saint resists i just tried him very hard at lvl 70 and his final form kills me in one sword swipe, soooo i guess i need some more lvls

I was level 43 when I beat him offline in hard, and my brother was level 39 when he did it 2 days ago.

I was level 63 when I killed him on v-hard. I'm currently level 81 and I just finished all the quests in v-hard (and I got my frying pan!)

Something that you guys may not have thought of is to DROP all your scape dolls on the ground before you start the fight. If you make it past the twirly spikey things, go pick them up so you can use them for the parts that really count.

If you happen to die before you collect your scape dolls, they'll still be there when you come back for a another attempt.

You can also do the same thing with dimates and trimates, especially useful if you are a class that cannot use magic to heal yourself. Drop them in packs of 5 packs each time you come into the level, and let yourself die. Do that until you've got 25 or 30 dimates scattered around the room (and 10 in your inventory) and then you can take on Dark Falz more seriously!

Tried him at 39 and died in 1 hit from his GRantes spell... hit level 43 and got a dragon frame (light resist 20) and finished him no problem. So level 43 HUmar, with a +9 Varista 40% vs Dark.

Seo

The trick of the spike thing is: most of them are fake which you can't attack or be attacked.

It took me a wile to figure it out. I think some guys might need this info.