Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After close to 500 hours, about 5,000,000 XP points later, and beating Dark Falz for the nth time, on and offline, I'm getting utterly bored with this game.

There are items to hunt, which will keep a player interested, but I found enough rares for my HUmar. Of course, I didn't find all the rares in PSO but I found enough to make me satisfied.

The biggest reasons why I'm bored with this game is because of jerks, male and female, I keep seeing online. By jerks I mean item hogs, thieves, morons who use tech in the lobby, and players that lack gamemanship.

First, a little tip for the item hogs. Items hogs won't find rares because they're concentrating on the wrong aspect of the game. If you want rares, pump up your luck stats and lvl and get your mag to lvl 200 before hunting for rares. When did I start hunting for rares? When my HUmar was at lvl 90, mag lvl 200, and luck stats to the max. I kept seeing low lvl players (lvl 70 and below) racing to the next box when I know for certain they're not going to find anything. And if they did, it was because I opened the box or because the game decided to throw them a bone, which is why I never open boxes for anyone and use an incompatible weapon to kill monsters. Here's another tip, when I equip a Spread Needle, my luck stats jump to 310. Why? Maybe it's called weapon compatibility? When I play offline or with my friends online, I use one of my Spread Needles. I find a rare once every 3 days with my Spread Needle, and I'm not talking about Double Sabers or Photon Claws either but I find those, too. Here's another tip, if you know what you're doing, the rare will come to you.

In actually, nothing upsets me more than item hogs. Yes, they even upset me more than theives sometimes. They keep running ahead trying to kill as many monsters and open as many boxes as they can only to find that they keep getting themselves killed because they don't have any skill. This burdens me because I'm the one who kept Resing and reviving them. Sometimes, I just let them die for leaving their teammates behind. Any player who runs ahead and leave their teammates behind don't deserve my or their teammates help.

Item hogs are the stupidest players on PSO...bar none. Yes, this is officially a flame. Here's an example, while fighting Dark Falz, a white HUnewear named Veronica, kept shooting Dark Falz when DF had my soul, especially when I said don't shoot, so I wasted one of my Scape Dolls. Sort of upsets me. Then I asked do you know how to play DF? He/she said, "of course i do". With that, I left the game without openning one box. Maybe one of his/her DB's sabers or Varistas might have turned in a God/Battle++ (I have 4 GB++ and use all 4 in my Vajulla armor) if I opened the box. I hate item hogs. They're a huge burden on the game.

Then there's the thieves issue. They're the smartest and the most devious low lives on PSO. But at least they know how to play the game in order to be a thief. Then again, they're not that smart because why be a thief when they can dupe and create items. Maybe they're not so bright after all. At least they can be a little more respectable using codes. Thieves should belong to "I'm smart enough to thief from other players, but too stupid to punch codes in to my GS" guild. Stupidity never stops in PSO.

As for gamemanship, look what I wrote above.

Thus, I decided to quit PSO. I might play when v2 is released, but again, I still have to deal with item hogs. For the past two nights, I've been giving away my rares, most of them to Japanese players. I gave my Pan-Arms Blade to a lvl 7 Japanese player just because he wanted to converse with me to learn better english. He then re-dropped the item saying that he can't accept such a gift, so I gave him more rares (soul eater and celestial shield). LOL!! I gave Heaven Punisher and C-Bringer's to my ranger friend, which he didn't even knew I had (not that he needed it because he's beginning to understand how to find rares). But the bulk of my rares went to a trusted Japanese player I met online. I gave her: S-Beats Blade, Soul Banisher, Delsaber's Buster and Shield, Vajulla 4 slot armor, Nelgal 3 slot armor, couple God/Battles, Twin Brand, Chain Sawd, Sonic Knuckles, two of my Spread Needles, State/Maintenance, Sacred Guard, Regen Gear Adv., Perfect/Resist, Revival Garment, Lavis Cannon, Hunter Wall and Field, my cherished Soniti Mag, and a boat load of materials to make her lvl 83 character close to lvl 89. And turned of my PSO off for the last time. That's my PSO experience in a nutshell.

Will the last person to leave please turn off the lights. BTW, I'll be sure to not let the door hit me on the way out.

wow...long but to the point...

I agree with u as much as item hogs are concerned...I'm only level 58 and I rarely run to boxes unless I am looking for a trifluid or something along those lines. I'm more concerned with getting experience and leveling up my ramar and mag. Instead of dropping the game though, why don't you start a new character?

btw that was nice of you giving people your rares...I've played with a few people who do the same for me

I agree with the previous post... why not try starting a new character? You know the majority of people here aren't item thieves... hopefully, anyway ^_^

I give away things as well sometimes. For instance... I gave my only Angel/Mind to a underlevelled Force who needed one quite badly... and I felt good in doing so. ^_^

Still... if you really feel that way, then hope to see you in version 2... if it comes to the UK... or even better, PSO2! ^_^

I agree with alot of your points. Item hogging Is kind of infectious. Some games I play in everyone is very fair and don't run ahead scooping everything in sight. Other times, If one player begins scooping the other team members get frustrated and start doing it themselves. I myself recently played through the level 3 of the ruins. Went to town to sell and ID my stuff. All I had was a divinity barrier in my inventory. I was a little surprised. I seem to remember picking up some ???specials.........

Oh well, It doesn't happen alot, so I don't care. You just need to play with cool people. I refuse to let little things like that wreck my PSO fun. Iceblink and Zion are right. You should start a new character. Mayhaps a force.........

Mercenary for Hire

You got 500 hours of gameplay out of a $50 game? That's pretty good.

I haven't played nearly that much. Whenever I get bored, playing a different character or starting an entirely new one usually does the trick.

What shocks me is that he has played 500 hours and only has 5 million Exp. Odd. I have 320 hours and have 3.8 Million. I'd have more if I didn't spend all my time chatting in the lobby or helping out my lower level friends by acting as a target for the enemies to punch while my friends cap them.

very odd also that he claims to be a day trader, yet is able to invest 500 hours in one character in a video game. Very odd. Often times those who brag about money online are...wait, I better not flame...

But I digress...

This person isn't "Real", but if he were, I'd say that he needs to look at the people on this board and meet with them in Puck 9. I can say that this game has yet to lose it's appeal to my LEvel 100 Racast because of the great people I can play with, day in, day out.

These fakers crack me up.

i agree i hate item hogs, but you might have regrets of giving the sonic knuckles away, its a hacked item, have you seen the warnings yet? there not in game yet same goes with nie's claw and egg blaster, time released items or gifts from sonic team.

Sheo...

about 5,000,000 XP points later
    I think he meant above and beyond what he had before that point .
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

So he has 10 million Exp points? Crazy..

Wow Ambrai, wouldn't we all love to be able to be a millionaire and ALSO have 500 hours worth of playtime to devote to one game in a month and a half time peroid?

I saw her sitting in the rain,
    rain drops falling on her.
    She didn't even care,
    as she sat there and smiled at me.
    And I knew,
    she could make me happy. (Happy happy)
    Flowers in ther hair,
    flowers everywhere.
    I love the flower girl.
    Oh I don't know just why,
    she simply caught my eye.
    Hi I'm Vicious and I'm sleepy.