Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PK and NOL

there is a lot of terms i dont get (i never played dc) so please tell me what these mean

PK-i know it probably stands for player kill....but what does it do and since it's bad, i want to avoid it
    NOL-no clue what the @#$% this is, and tell me how to avoid this too.

teh ninja'd

You don't have to worry about either of em so far.

pk cant be done on pso gc.
    nol as of now can't be done on pso gc. it turned you into an offline quest npc huneweral lvl 5.

is it a glitch involving olga flow turning you into flowen? =S

Complete nonsense, being turned into Flowen is a normal part of the boss fight, it has absolutely nothing to do with being NOLed

All those replies still don't answer the questions:
    What is it?
    What does PK stand for?
    How do I avoid it?

I would like these answered too.
    And not worrying about PK because it can't be done on GC? I overheard a conversation a few weeks ago where someone said she had seen someone do it! Shortly after that an FSOD occurred!
    So I do worry and I definitely want to avoid this!!!

Sideshowfreak

On 2003-08-16 19:59, Symbios wrote:
    there is a lot of terms i dont get (i never played dc) so please tell me what these mean

PK-i know it probably stands for player kill....but what does it do and since it's bad, i want to avoid it
    PK = Player Kill, Hackers killed chars on the dc ver and stole weps and mesetas(you dropped these things when you died).

NOL = Hackers turned you into the NPC NOL thats a char in a quest and you lost your char. Not very funny.

Cant be done on gc ver yet

Fate binds us, destroys us.

PK: I beleive a variant was CK, Character Kill. I think they worked by giving you a God/HP++ or --

This sent your HP into uncharted territories (Always 0 or always over 10000) and instantly killed you.

Nowadays, all HP items with +/- are hacks.

NOL: It turned you into random NPCs or enemies I believe.

You are right, PK is player kill. There are several methods of doing it, using a God/TP++ to make your TP 32767 so when you cast resta its too strong and kills everyone. You can also use a super stats code. Cant really defend yourself against this stuff.

If you dont play DC, dont even worry. NOL is a modified bank bypass code that uses items with corresponding gems to overwrite your character to an NPC. If you pull out a SABER with the code on it will NOL the red gem person in the game. It's possible to turn people into other NPCs like Kireek and so on. Its never gonna be on any EpI&II game so dont worry.

~Busta~

On 2003-08-19 10:51, primer567 wrote:
    You are right, PK is player kill. There are several methods of doing it, using a God/TP++ to make your TP 32767 so when you cast resta its too strong and kills everyone. You can also use a super stats code. Cant really defend yourself against this stuff.
    Actually it was done with Angel/Mind-- thus making your MST negative. So that when you casted Resta it would hurt instead of heal. There also was another way, where you make your HP 1 and make your Resta do exactly 32766 so that it killed someone by making their HP go over the maximum.