Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PK and NOL

Sideshowfreak

Actually it was done with Angel/Mind-- thus making your MST negative. So that when you casted Resta it would hurt instead of heal. There also was another way, where you make your HP 1 and make your Resta do exactly 32766 so that it killed someone by making their HP go over the maximum.
    [/quote]

God/hp++ was a pk thing too.

God/TP++ works too I remember doing it.

Heh! Now there are some things I haven't heard about in a while. ^_^
    I remember the God/HP++. Even had one back on the DC! Never killed me, except when I used Trimates. ^_^; Probably still sitting in the back.
    And that uber hacked Eggblaster... 255% on A.beast, Machine, & Dark, and +999 grind.

Hacked toys can be fun now and then, just to look at the insane stats they have and laugh. Fortunately these things don't yet exist on the GC. ^_^

Anyway, getting to the original question...

PK= Player Kill. It was something done with an odd combo of items so that if a person cast Resta it'd kill everyone else. And then there was the Player Target Code... I remember getted hit with Foie as I came into a game and being killed. Three other hunters just stood around and laughed. -_-; This was done to steal money and weapons. Back on the DC you'd drop your money and whatever weapon was equipped.

NOL= Was a character Over-write that turned your character into an NPC quest character, like NOL or Elly. This happened to me once, and the trick to getting around it is to simply yank your card out before you quit. When it asks you to put it back, just say no and don't save. When you put it back you should be fine.

BUT! Neither of these things can be done on the CG as far as we know. If you heard about someone getting killed by another player then they were probably doing Battle Mode.

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Cant really defend yourself against this stuff.
    Well, there was one undefeated way. You could always Soul Drop, as you can't kill what's already dead. The only way (That I knew of) to PK a Soul Dropped person was to find their soul and use Reverser or a Moon on it.. then PK them. That was impractical thought, because unless they were standing right beside their soul, they could just SD again before you could track them down.

Soul Dropping was one of my Favorite cheats. There's just something too cool about walking like like a Vampire with a red name and 0 HP, but still able to do all the things you normally would if your character were alive and at full health.

Ultra Violence! d (-_- (offline ftl)

What if you were NOLed when playing on very hard. wouldnt something happen scince you need to be on a high level?

Ark of Winter and Loss

Actually I don't know why anyone would want to come up with a PK code for GC, I mean I think thats one of the reasons Battle Mode was created. Why bother with a hack when you can make a game and take your aggressions out there? However that fucking NOL code that was infamous in the Dreamcast version needs to stay where it is now...hell.

~Busta~

I can't remember if NOL would change them to a higher level when in very hard. It's been a long time since I cheated on DC. (I quit back when I learned Lobby FSOD.) Anyways, another way to stop PK was an invincibility code. I believe somebody from CMGSCCC had posted one that made your hp stay at whatever it was. So resta wouldn't effect it.

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it sucked. The only "GodMode" froze your HP at it's current level - but also stuck your opponents HP at that level also. First time you came up against a door which required you to kill enemys to get through - you were screwed as enemies couldn't be killed either.

PSO PC Player

On 2003-08-21 17:00, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
    I can't remember if NOL would change them to a higher level when in very hard. It's been a long time since I cheated on DC. (I quit back when I learned Lobby FSOD.) Anyways, another way to stop PK was an invincibility code. I believe somebody from CMGSCCC had posted one that made your hp stay at whatever it was. So resta wouldn't effect it.
    You can actually break that.