Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Hmm the game sure has come a long way since version one way back in 2001. I first got into the game when I read an imported Japanese magazine and thought it might be different than Final Fantasy in terms of gameplay and longevity. I still like other RPG's but none have great weapons and free-roaming levels like this

So how did you get into PSO?

Well, I only knew about GC until I came to this site. Anyways, I heard about it when I went to sonic teams website for SA2 battle and saw PSO. I was like, this looks like a cool game. Later, my freind bought the game (he told me he didn't know about it but baught it anyway because he thaught it would be cool) and Invited me over to play it on his GC. Then I baught it because It was so cool.

Skilled Fighter

I used to have a Megadrive, imported it the day it came out in Japan. I remeber buying and completing PSO on the Megadrive even though it was all in Japanese..lol.

Even weirder was my first getting in to experience... at least I would like to think of it as such... I was shopping for my littlest sister, who owned a N64... I was in Electronics Boutique... or EB... and they had a dreamcast setup... I was bored, and had much of they day to do nothing... plus I had heard great things about this system from Sega... which was one of my favorite developers... So I started to play the game that was on the screen... of course someone had just randomly made a RAmar and sold everything he had equipped... so I played without weapons through much of the forest... the employee there came over and started talking to me about the game... and how he loved it... how I could make a new character if I wanted since this one had no money and no weapons... We started to talk about SEGA and this game... Phantasy Star Online... I left the store impressed... was shopping for myself the next day... saw a DC... and PSO... bought them both...this was days after PSO had come out... and I havent regretted getting this new addiction ever since...

I read about it in an issue of the Official Dreamcast Magazine and went out and bought the game three days after it came out.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

On christmas eve Polished comes over and says we are going to play this new game I got.....it turns out we played an all nighter....and i got sick.....bah

My bro got the game first. He tells me how this game is so awesome and how much he would love that I could play with him ( He lives in Reno and I live Puerto Rico ),so I get the game so I could play with him online. But he forgot to tell me a little thing... you need a credit card to play online. Hence I never got to play with him, but now I have a adiction to this game. PSO forever !! ^_^

i saw it in some video game mag, about it first came out (ver 1 for dreamcast) bought it the night it came out.

I went to software etc. my grandma was buying me two games for my birthday, and I only knew one game that I was sure that I was buying, and that was chrono cross, and then I saw PSO, and was like woah cool... so I just randomly picked that out, and then somone on the gameshark message boards helped me get online, cause people there seemed to know alot of free ISPs, and I didnt know of PSOW at the time, so yeah... Kinda just happened by randomness as to how I got PSO..
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

i got it in a package, when i bought my dreamcast secondhanded from a friend. this was around 2 months after its release in europe... august 2001.