Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

First of all i was disapointed that none of the chars had new hair styles, costumes, or anything new at all. And the graphics dont seem improved.

the gameplay:
    at the very beginning of each match you roll a dye to see who goes first. If you go first, you then roll two dice to determine your attack and defense for that turn only. (when it is your turn once more, you roll the dice again to determine your new atk and def). The attack determines what weapon you can take out and how many spaces you can move across the grid.

Ex: you roll a six for atk. you could take out a db saber. this uses 2 points of the six (different weapons require different amounts of points to take out). Your left with 4 points. You then can move up to 4 spaces if you wanted with the remaining points. But it costs one point to actually attack, so i wouldn't move more than 3 spaces.____And thats it for what the roll on attack determines.

As for the roll on defense, im still not exactly sure what it does. I am pretty sure that when the computer attacks, the defense roll determines how much damage their attack does to you.

And at the end of everymatch they grade you on your performance. If you take very little turns to win the match, you can get an S rank at best. Also at the end of every match, you get to open a new pack of cards. The amount of cards in the pack you recieve is determined by your grade. The best I'v done so far is an A+, i think you get somewhere around nine cards in a pack for that. The best card iv gotten so far is probably a red handgun. (i havent played THAT much yet)

And if anyone has any questions, i could probably answer them.

O yea, i just have to say one more thing........ it is fun. [/img][url]

Wielder of Wasabi

I hav a question: Do u get Mags?

Like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich

Mags come in the form of Cards. Check out the F&Q for ep3

Hmmm theres hope after all....

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

the gameplay:
    at the very beginning of each match you roll a dye to see who goes first. If you go first, you then roll two dice to determine your attack and defense for that turn only. (when it is your turn once more, you roll the dice again to determine your new atk and def). The attack determines what weapon you can take out and how many spaces you can move across the grid.
    zzzzZzzzZZZzzZZz...

Wow, amazing how the frantic, fast-paced chaos of PSO Ep. 1 & 2 has evolved into a mind-numbing game of dice and cards.

Yeah, I sound rather negative. So blame me for seeing the next installment of PSO toss everything that ever made the game so interesting in the first place, namely real-time combat...

Skilled Fighter

On 2003-08-18 23:27, Elusive_Llama wrote:
    the gameplay:
    zzzzZzzzZZZzzZZz...

Wow, amazing how the frantic, fast-paced chaos of PSO Ep. 1 & 2 has evolved into a mind-numbing game of dice and cards.

Yeah, I sound rather negative. So blame me for seeing the next installment of PSO toss everything that ever made the game so interesting in the first place, namely real-time combat...
    I think the idea is that you are meant to play it along side Episodes 1 & 2. Its mearly a diversionchange from the original game. My bet is that they are working on PSO4 now.

God! I really hope so because this sounds like the biggest pile of steaming poo I've heard on in ages. It's Yug-i-oh with PSO characters. Luckily for me I'm from the UK so it wont reach our shores until at least 2035.... Now when is lemmings coming out on the master system overhear... hmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Only Veteran

Well I don't like it how it turned from real time to turn based and based on luck and dices :

Just a lil' bit old school. Mazarin's Avatar

On 2003-08-19 00:47, AndyPandy wrote:
    My bet is that they are working on PSO4 now.
    I will bet my CAR that they aren't. They still have yet to make PSO2, remember...

IMHO, if you're gonna make a damn card game, make a CARD game, not a VIDEO game. Waste of time, waste of programming, and a waste of money.