Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Back in the days of DC v.1...

I gotta agree with the majority of people, PSO Episode 3 is looking to be pants. I'm not saying I wouldn't go out and buy it cause I probably will it's just changing things from the way we know it to some card based game is putting me off some what. Have to see more of it when it's close to being released in the UK, although that's ages away as usual.

Skilled Fighter

Well, your are all entitled to your own opinion, but I myself usually only pass comment when I have actually played the final product.

On 2003-08-19 03:35, Mazarin wrote:
    I will bet my CAR that they aren't. They still have yet to make PSO2, remember...
    Well if it ever comes out, I know who to look for for a free car.

Watchin Ya

There wont be a new Pso4 as Pso3 was the last one online, yet they might be bringing out a phantasy star but not online!!!! If this is the case then i might commit sucicide lol. It is in one of the forums!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoluke12 on 2003-08-19 04:49 ]</font>

Fair enough Andy Pandy, you have genuinely played it and we are all full of opinion. But i have to agree with the point of Mazarin, that if you wanna make a card game, make a card game dont make a video game. I bought Yugi-oh for the PS1 and after about 3 days I was bored stupid... card games ended with the abismal Pokemon ethos and is [in my opinion] unimaginative tripe [good old English term for s**t there... lol]

Sega Team, get off your fat asses and start thinking of more creative levels, more evolution of PSO. This card game milarky [dont ask] is backward rubbish

BRIMSTONE SHALL RAIN DOWN FROM THE SKY AND LIGHTNING MAY STRIKE DOWN THEE!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There wont be a new Pso4 as Pso3 was the last one online, yet they might be bringing out a phantasy star but not online!!!! If this is the case then i might commit sucicide lol. It is in one of the forums!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me?!

If you've played other people in card games and get bored then I'd understand the all the gripe about it. But if you haven't tried it yet then the least you can do is give a shot with high expectations instead of assuming it's going to be utter trash based on a few opinions and screenshots.
    Perfect Spiral | Beast
    Cygnus | Newman
    Enders | Cast

Mmmm... I love Phantasy Star dont get me wrong. My point is that they are taking a 100 mile an hour game and slapping a 20 mile an hour speed limit on it.

Card games are notoriously slow and I dont think the fan base of PSO are going to accept this next installment. Card games are a FAD, they come and go in a blink of the eye, PSO has been so popular because it appeals to various groups of us the RPGers, the Hack'n'Slashers, the Communicators, the Collectors, the Designers, the Cheaters... etc...

On top of that this is a completely unoriginal idea, its a reactionary "band wagon" attitude to gaming. As with most software house, when an idea comes out [the card game, brought to the forground by Final Fantasy 8 no less] people flog it to death [Yugi-oh, Pokemon, Digimon etc...] and this appears to be the case here

Here's an idea, how about looking for evolution and developing the game into other areas. Looking at the possibility of bigger teams, more actions for the characters, more interactive attcking methods, a bigger role for mags... these are just a minute few ideas that Sega could look at to DEVELOP PSO, but oh no... let's throw out a bloody card game... With that in mind do you really think people are going to buy this???

I think it would be a great idea if the administrators of this site put a Pole up to see if people are excited by this direction of PSO Ep III or not. Because from the people I've spoken to and the responses on this site, there appears to be a very negative vibe towards it... and in my opinion quite rightly too...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-08-19 09:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-08-19 09:27 ]</font>

Damn, am i the only one who likes the f***ing game or what. Your being too negative towards it, i didnt like it at first either but its still really fun. And the card collecting part is what keeps you going. Cuz your always lookin for a new and better card.

I own the trial, and will soon own the final japanese version, and i can judge it negatively if i want cuz iv actually played it extensively, but instead i have positive results because i think its a fun strategic game instead of the skill-less hack and slash gameplay.

My point is that i like the game. I think i like real time better still, but this is a sorta nice break from that style of gameplay. The game doesnt suck, but i think sega could have done somethin better yet.