Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i dunno about you guys but SEGA is doing some pretty smart marketing.

by releasing two games but with different gameplays,
    it keeps the player focused on the PSO genre. I mean if you get bored of ep3 go to ep1&2 and go online with that. if you're bored of ep1&2, go to ep3.

Another reason why they wouldn't make ep3 with the same gameplay, i speculate it is because if there was ep3, to play ep3 they might have to add more than just new maps. probably new items and such. maybe improvements to the gameplay or something. but that would screw up a few things.
    Say like Diablo 2 and LOD. Now when you install LOD you need to convert your characters to expansion right? Then you can play LOD and D2 together. If you do not convert you can't play the expansion. However if you converted, you could not play your character with D2 alone which might cause some problems. This might be a reason with Ep3 not being the "hack n slash" game some people wanted. I mean if you were stuck to only playing Ep3, I bet it would get pretty boring huh?

Anyways thats my logic on why a new genre was created for ep3 and why sega is ending the rico and flowen series.
    probably in the next installment of pso, there might be new characters, weapons, items, maps and gameplay but similar to ep1&2. its just you cant use your old character from ep1&2

My largest concern with Ep. III is this: the game seems to be largely centered around Player vs. Player. I refuse to cheat, under any circumstance, for any reason. So the second that others figure out how to cheat, PvP is dead for me.

As for the basic premise, I'm at once glad for anything new and dissapointed that the game is going turn based, which no matter what, seems to be a de-evolution. Still, in the end gameplay is all that matters, so I'll just have to wait and see.

you shouldn't have to worry to much about cheaters and cheating as long as you have peeps to play with, anyone that turns out to be a cheater will just be shunned, and will have to resort to fighting NPCs and noobs, cheating just wouldn't be as big a deal, especially since you CAN'T take rare cards out of your possesion, so you don't have to worry about rare-congestion, I doubt anyone that wouldn't play this game because of cheaters isn't gonna play another online game that doesn't have cheaters in it.*nods*

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

O god i cant wait for this game to come out. I am sick and tired of the same old hack, hack, hack, death of episode 1&2 and i need a good strategy game.
    I am tired of people saying that all it needs is new weapons, more lvls, and different charactor. What that is called is a expansion pack. This is why i quit diablo 2 because all they were doing were giving out expansion packs and patches. I dont want that i want a whole new game. Think of ep3 as a whole new game
    and that is what i like

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2003-08-21 19:44 ]</font>