Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I have been on a quest to get as many rare weapons as possible lately... spent a lot of time in the offline Hard Mines and Ruins. What I have discovered though is that the rares weapons really aren't all that great (imho). Sure, they look cool... but are they really that much more powerful than a good normal weapon?
    How many of you actually use rare weapons as your main weapon? Do you really think the rares are all they are cracked up to be?

Yes, most of the more common rares are pretty much garbage. But the lesser common specials are pretty nice. Such as the Dragon Slayer, Chain Sawd, and Durandal are all much better than regular photon weapons. I'll bet with the Delsabre's Sheild, the Delsabre's Sword would be really nice also.

I just bought myself a Battle Verge . And i think this has to be the only Special Force Weapon thats worth it. What other weapon can half enemies HP? Too bad im scared to use this online cause someone might take it. I might just have to leave it 'till i get to a very very high lv.

Eventually it all doesn't matter. The harder to find specials ARE better in most cases, but it won't be long at all before your atp reaches 999 and then all weapons are pretty much the same. The only reason past this point to have rares is for collecting them and just because they look cool and are fun to play with.

Go ahead and use it online, if someone takes it come here and post, I'll give you one, I found like 5 on a run through ruins v.hard. It never seems to wanna halve hp for me, but I do like the looks of the staff, and since I mostly use magic anyway, looks are about all that's important, lol. Anyone know of a rare staff or whatever the battle verge is that steals tp? I need one of them.

I havent seen a Special Weapon that steals TP. It would be cool not having to go back to get fluids always. I have a question for u. Do u think the Battle Verge is the best Force weapon?

Your ATP is really higher than 999, it just doesn't display it. I'm at 999 with almost any weapon now and I hit strong for about 260 with my Dragon Slayer, but when I use Shifta 14, I hit for 360 strong, so don't think that when you get to 999 ATP, it's all the same.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

My ATP is 999, and I did 0 damage to Dark Falz on very hard.

Also some people are forgeting about photon energy. I have a blade dance that has a 40% increase on forest. It hits twice and on a strong attack I do 400+ damage each hit.

I've found that most force rares suck, battle verge is the best one i've seen. Your better off to get a soul or mind gun. Since i got my Mind Railgun I never use fluids anymore except on bosses.

Coolest Motha on the planet

I got 1 of them someone traded it to me for a buster. He didn't want to have an item he couldn't use and i still can't use it, it is bananas.