I decided to attempt at being a legit Fomar, but I don't care for their mags first evolution where you get that healing Photon blast(Forgot the name ^_^;. Instead I gave him a lvl 18 mag that I was raising for a Humar before I deleted him. Is that still legit or not?

All you are doing is making a custom mag. Many people raise a mag with there main character then hand it down to there secondarys. This is called twinking. It's not cheating at all since you made it yourself, but some players find it rude and unfair to use a super powered character on the early levels, as it tends to hog the exp of other players.

The RA mag gets the best evolution at level 10.

As soon as your mag is about to hit lvl 10, hand to a RA for a nice estilla.

And this is hardly twinking, because it's still making the mag on your level. I do not object to twinking on the US ships. EVERYONE hacks, max stats, dupes on the US ships. The best you can hope for is a legit game, where the people will still have twinked, 9 times out of 10. This game is just too old to find any new players, and not many dyed in the wool PSO fans will not have twinked. I twink myself purely to level new IDs for new items. I consider it conservative of me to come online for the first time on hard or v hard mode with a legit twinked char, to cries of "You n00b!" when I do like 1/3rd the damage the max stat wankers do. If you ever get any grief for being legit, try the JP ships. Not Merope, which seems to be the designated newbies area, lots of normal mode games and people begging for dupes. Try the next one down or Alcyone, block one. There are lots of legits there, none of them twink it seems, and I have had to apologise a few times for having done so but at least they are not all using dupes.
    If you do twink wait til they get their hit in before clearing a room. They will rarely be able to speak english but that is better than playing with dupers IMO.

- Shimarisu (can speak Japanese and apologise profusely for twinks, but you shouldn't really care, it is after all just a game...)

On 2003-08-24 01:07, Ryokun wrote:
    Is that still legit or not?
    Psh, who cares? People shouldn't be so dead-set on being legit. If you want to do it, and it won't hurt other people, then what the heck is stopping you?

Nothing is really "stopping" me. I'm just interested in the general opinion of it. also the mag belonged to a humar I was originally using, but decided to be something else. even being at lvl 18 the mag doesn't really give my fomar any advantage really. I just wanted it because I dislike Leilla(the healing pb)