Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    !@#%. - J

How many times have you had people on PSO condescending others in lobbies? Talking about how unintelligent others are, and implying how intelligent they consider themselves. If you think back to every single one of these occasions you will realize one lovely little fact.

They ALWAYS mistake INTELLIGENCE for WISDOM. Intelligence is your ability to learn. Wisdom is what you KNOW. And they all make the same mistake of confusing the two things - which is lovely because of the irony. They imply they are wiser when infact they are actually the ones saying unwise things by confusing wisdom with intelligence!

Deary me...

: )

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

this comes from the child who posts every where and says

Lame.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

This also comes from a child who is not clear on the meaning of the word "intellectual," which incidentally is completely different than his narrow-minded definition of the word.

"intellect" - the ability to understand and to think in an intelligent way, or the ability to do these things to a high level

"intellectual" - a highly educated person whose interests are studying and other activities that involve careful thinking and mental effort

Strange, those don't sound like your definition. An intellectual is not someone who quickly processes information. In fact, I daresay it could be argued that an intellectual and a wise person are one and the same. But before you go off on another one of your little tangents, here is something you should become acquainted with.

The logical fallacy called "Straw Man," or the process by which someone looks at the argument in terms so simple that they cannot appear wrong. The act of attacking someone on an argument different from (and weaker than) their actual case.

So by using your precious straw man fallacy, you were able to twist the word "intellectual" into the word "intelligence," thereby convincing yourself that you had a point. But in reality, all you did was forfeit. Using fallacies is an automatic forfeit in any debate, an automatic failure on any argumentative paper and just isn't very polite. A fact of which, of course, a self-proclaimed 'educated person' like yourself should be well aware.

Take your fallacies and your losing arguments elsewhere, _J. If you would stop trying to just get a childish thrill and actually obey proper etiquette, maybe people would take you more seriously. And I daresay not hate you as much.

P.S.: No one is going to take grammatical advice from someone who frequently mixes up the words 'your' and 'you're,' so before you make this type of correction you ought to at least practice what you preach.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-08-25 18:26 ]</font>

Hah. Now I never thought of that. Though I never considered myself smart at all. Only wise when it comes to dealing with drama.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

On 2003-08-25 18:25, Zarana wrote:
    This also comes from a child who is not clear on the meaning of the word "intellectual," which incidentally is completely different than his narrow-minded definition of the word.

"intellect" - the ability to understand and to think in an intelligent way, or the ability to do these things to a high level

"intellectual" - a highly educated person whose interests are studying and other activities that involve careful thinking and mental effort

Strange, those don't sound like your definition. An intellectual is not someone who quickly processes information. In fact, I daresay it could be argued that an intellectual and a wise person are one and the same. But before you go off on another one of your little tangents, here is something you should become acquainted with.

The logical fallacy called "Straw Man," or the process by which someone looks at the argument in terms so simple that they cannot appear wrong. The act of attacking someone on an argument different from (and weaker than) their actual case.

So by using your precious straw man fallacy, you were able to twist the word "intellectual" into the word "intelligence," thereby convincing yourself that you had a point. But in reality, all you did was forfeit. Using fallacies is an automatic forfeit in any debate, an automatic failure on any argumentative paper and just isn't very polite. A fact of which, of course, a self-proclaimed 'educated person' like yourself should be well aware.

Take your fallacies and your losing arguments elsewhere, _J. If you would stop trying to just get a childish thrill and actually obey proper etiquette, maybe people would take you more seriously. And I daresay not hate you as much.

P.S.: No one is going to take grammatical advice from someone who frequently mixes up the words 'your' and 'you're,' so before you make this type of correction you ought to at least practice what you preach.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-08-25 18:26 ]</font>

o god

!@#%. - J

Thank you for being a prefect test subject to demonstrate rather well what I was getting at. You are so very predictable, thank you. : )

Yet another sad attempt to dodge the issues. He still doesn't even acknowledge that the word "intellectual" exists, what a shame. _J, it seems to me that every argument you make is based on the ignorant statement that, if you don't know about it, it doesn't exist. Do me a favor and broaden your horizons before you pretend to be right again, okay?

You're playing right into my hand. Everything I say to you just brings out another fallacy. You really are unskilled.

!@#%. - J

Yet another sad attempt to dodge the issues. He still doesn't even acknowledge that the word "intellectual" exists, what a shame. _J, it seems to me that every argument you make is based on the ignorant statement that, if you don't know about it, it doesn't exist. Do me a favor and broaden your horizons before you pretend to be right again, okay?

You're playing right into my hand. Everything I say to you just brings out another fallacy. You really are unskilled.
    *smiles* Why, thank you. : )

Thank you, too, _J. You only prove what I've said all along, that you have no place in a serious argument. All you do upon starting one is the same overly cliche string of unfounded insults (another fallacy, have you looked those up yet?) and one-sentence copouts. When you can't explain something or are wrong, you abruptly change the subject. Yet when you argue with someone you're in the same league as, you don't hesitate to go straight for the proverbial kill. Your cowardice is unmatched, _J.

!@#%. - J

Thank you, too, _J. You only prove what I've said all along, that you have no place in a serious argument. All you do upon starting one is the same overly cliche string of unfounded insults (another fallacy, have you looked those up yet?) and one-sentence copouts. When you can't explain something or are wrong, you abruptly change the subject. Yet when you argue with someone you're in the same league as, you don't hesitate to go straight for the proverbial kill. Your cowardice is unmatched, _J.
    If I'm not mistaken, that's flame baiting and a personal attack, when I have made no such attack on you. I suggest you cease, and desist.