View Poll Results: After going through ultimate on both v2(PC) and v3(GC)... I got to say that GC really nerfed ultimat

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Way Too Easy!!

7 22.58%
  • DCv2//PC Ultimate Is The Way To Go!

3 9.68%
  • Its so hard I don't understand how v2 ppl Manage!!

1 3.23%
  • Its fair...

16 51.61%
  • Haven't tried v2 Ultimate.

3 9.68%
  • Haven't tried v3 Ultimate.

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After going through ultimate on both v2(PC) and v3(GC)... I got to say that GC really nerfed ultimate very badly... I mean its so easy to reach Ruins Ultimate at level 95... I remember when I was playing v2 ultimate.. at level 95 I just finished off Dal Ral Lie for the like the 3rd time only because how he killed me so easily.

It is also so easy to damage the ultimate monsters now... When I reached ultimate with my HUnewearl or my FOnewearl, I could barely put a dent into those bartles because their godly defense. It took me almost an hr just to finish forest ultimate. However in the GC version, power that was shown by the monsters in v2 was almost non existent.
    Do you think it would be nice for ST to jack up the stats of all ultimate monsters so ultimate would live up to its name like v2?

yes i have seen that, I tried my red mechs on a arlan on v2(pc) and they did 0 damage, I had to use my red sword with 50 dark to hit the arlans.

Ehh.. I'll admit that it's easy, but it's gotta be. I mean, we have Episode2 Ultimate to go through as well. It's sorta like going 80-125-ish through Episode1, then finishing to 200 on Episode2.

Hell, my 103 HUmar is still in the mines, and even then, it scares me. I just make Forest runs and do quests in hopes of hitting 110 AT LEAST before I attempt Ultimate VolOpt.

Go do some ult seat of the heart or some east/west tower solo online. Hopefully that will be "fun" for you

i've not reached Ult yet, but i'm working through very hard at the moment, i have to say that episode 1 is a lot easier than episode 2. seabed is difficult enough on hard for me at the moment.

I don't see it.. My HUmar is lvl 111 and I can only make it through ultimate caves, I get owned in the mines. Ultimate is really difficult. I don't know how it was compared to DC as I never made it to ultimate when I played on that console..

What are you talking about beating it at level 95?? I call BS.

v2-ult was ridiculous.
    dump your v1-weapons, since you wont do any damage. get a red handgun from someone until you can stand against the forest critters...

i'd say its pretty fair now, doing 200+ damage with a lvl 80 hunyu and a last survivor (<- my first v3-ult experience actually).
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Yea I like the new Ult mode better, beleve me when you have a Humar losing all his money on [b][i]TRIFLUIDS[i][b] of all things just to get through the forest because he can't find some godly Red saber then you'll understand why I like this version of it better. Starting Ultimate in Ver2 at level 60 just wasn't any fun at all. I still remeber all those three hour trips through levels just so I could beat them then I remeber getting a CB so I could finally get that red saber and STILL not being able to hit jack.

You may ask the Guru three questions.

DC was more of a challenge, but then, it was also a little ridiculous. There was no way to do decent damage without a V2 weapon, so all my favourite V1 weps (Orotiagito, Lavis cannon) became useless. I think the point was to make all the hacked weps from V1 obsolete. I think this version is fair, since most of the weapons have been powered down as well as the baddies. Overall its more balanced. Also, like someone else said, there Episode 2 to trudge through as well, if you need a bigger challenge.

Sideshowfreak

I like the dc ver better than gc. Gc ver is lil to easy.