i use a cable bb modem (NOT a router) to connect to pso.

for a while now, i've been sporadically getting error #15 while trying to connect. this is where you see the loading screen, and it freezes for a while, then gives the message "Error 15. unable to retrive IP from DCHP". usually, it was just a minor annoyance where i'd simply have to turn of the cube, then turn it on again in order to get online normally.

last night, it happened over and over again. i still haven't been able to connect.

so, i came here and tried Tavia's error #15 guide.

lo and behold, the loading screen didn't freeze. i was elated...

then i get a view of the lobby and error #102.

now, i know it's not my modem, because i'm able to get online in terms of the net just fine. (at least i THINK it's not my modem, and the roadrunner people sure as hell think it's not their fault.) i don't think it's a problem with the gamecube itself either, as i own more than one and i switched everything over from the platinum to the indigo one and experienced the same error. the rr guy thought it might have been a corruption of system data, but since i have a million memory cards, you would think that they wouldn't all have spontaneously corrupted system data and that the problem would only apply to the chars on one card. i can't get online with any card.

now here's one scary thing, when i was attempting to get into the network settings option, i once got a black "ERROR consult your gamecube booklet" [sic] screen. hrm... that almost sounds like it would be my gamecube's fault, right? but i have the same problem connecting to the network with both cubes. although i only saw the black ERROR screen on one of them, and i did try going into the network setup on both of them.

this leads me to belive that it may be my bba that's fucked up. could a malfuntion in a bba cause a black error screen to pop up? i can see how it could be implicated in me not getting online. sigh, i don't know where to get one of those things anymore. fuck fuck fuck.

could there be another explanation? (-besides- the fact that jesus doens't love me like he said he did, that jigalo.) or do i need a new bba? FUCK.

I had a black screen with error message the first time I went to network settings when I first got my BBA, haven't had one since though.

Have you tried power cycling your modem? I.E Turning it off for a few minutes, then on again, wait for it to sync with your isp then try and connect again.