Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Why am I nationalist? Because this is my country, my home, the place that provides me with the right to do pretty much any damn thing I want to with minimal interference from anyone else. This is a country where through hard work and determination, I can have pretty much anything I want. Outside of this country, I wouldn't have the same rights or freedoms that I do right now. I'm a nationalist because I was born in the most powerful and most prosperous nation in the history of mankind and I want my country to stay that way. I wake up everyday proud to be a citizen of the United States of America because that's the place to be. If you ain't from the States, you ain't worth shit. Got me?

I don't have this idealized view of the world like the rest of you people (well, some of you, not all). Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Why? Because people, once in power, want to maintain that power. And the only thing that can overcome power is more power. I don't view things as they should be, but rather, I view things as they are. News Flash: Politicians lie. Doesn't matter where they are from, they're all the same. You just gotta learn to see through the bullshit. Never take what a politician says at face value because he's lying. Politics is the art of deception and lying. Plainly put, it's full of bullshit. Grade A, FDA Approved Bullshit.

Any person with half a brain can see that the United States went to war to expand its own power and influence over the Middle East. Oh my god, how DARE the United States make moves to expand its own power? How dare the United States act in its own best interests? How dare the United States screw over an organization that was designed to check its power? How dare the United States flip the bird to two former allies that are trying to make their own power play with the European Union? So the question isn't "Why should America always benefit', but rather, why SHOULDN'T America always benefit? Countries have no honor, they have no respect for other people, only for themselves. Alliances aren't the marker of friendship and comradery, but rather a means to an end.

People lie. Politicians lie. Governments lie. Why? Because the truth, more often than not, is more detrimental to one's purposes than anything else. They shouldn't lie, but we're not dealing with idealism here, we're dealing with reality. The simple reality is that this world is about power: Who has it? Who can get it? Who can keep it?

Given that the United States has the power, can get the power, and is taking steps the keep the power, this world is about the United States. Is it some sort of ethnocentric view of the world? Damn right, it is. And just for the record: If I was French, I'd be a French nationalist. If I was German, the same. If I was a Madagascarian, I'd be a Madagascarian nationalist. I don't give a fuck. I'ma rep my country because it's MINE. Don't forget the shit.

Bottom line? The United States is the shit and the rest of these countries don't weigh enough to fuck with it.

Whew, I just had to get that off my chest.

On 2003-09-06 15:45, Cynosure_Zen wrote:
    Why am I nationalist? Because this is my country, my home, the place that provides me with the right to do pretty much any damn thing I want to with minimal interference from anyone else. This is a country where through hard work and determination, I can have pretty much anything I want. Outside of this country, I wouldn't have the same rights or freedoms that I do right now. I'm a nationalist because I was born in the most powerful and most prosperous nation in the history of mankind and I want my country to stay that way. I wake up everyday proud to be a citizen of the United States of America because that's the place to be.
    You should have just left it at that. That was a fine thing to say. I had respect for you, until you blabbed on with this:
    If you ain't from the States, you ain't worth shit. Got me?
    This is why a lot of people don't like America. The rest of the world have to deal with that kind of thing too much. It's the whole attitude of saying "we are #1, and you better know it".

Personally, I don't really have a problem with it, can't really explain why I would have or not have a problem with it. I just don't.

Given that the United States has the power, can get the power, and is taking steps the keep the power, this world is about the United States. Is it some sort of ethnocentric view of the world? Damn right, it is. And just for the record: If I was French, I'd be a French nationalist. If I was German, the same. If I was a Madagascarian, I'd be a Madagascarian nationalist. I don't give a fuck. I'ma rep my country because it's MINE. Don't forget the shit.

Bottom line? The United States is the shit and the rest of these countries don't weigh enough to fuck with it.

Whew, I just had to get that off my chest.
    This world is not about the United States.

You have a very strange way of representing your country... to each his own I guess. Although I should let you know that it's being done in a very negative way.

I agree with quite a few things you said, but it's just nationalism annoys me. The only time I care for it, is when it comes to sports.

P.S. The USA is only a fraction of the world. I don't think anybody would want to even face a world vs the USA war scenario...

So if the united states jumped off a cliff would you jump after it?

DELETE= oops double post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2003-09-06 17:36 ]</font>

feithful hunter

This is crap ( if i can say that ).

That's right, I think my country is the best in the world and that's my right to think that way. You don't have to agree and quite frankly, I don't give a shit if you do or not. I don't think the rest of the world is worthless, but at the same time, I don't think the rest of the world has the right to tell my country what it can and can't do when they don't have the power or influence to back it up.

Understand this: Respect is only given when respect is earned. A lot of these countries either haven't earned our respect or have lost it given their recent actions. Same thing with tolerance.

There's no plague, simply a realization by the American people that a lot of countries wish harm to the United States. If you aren't with us, then you must be against us. Otherwise, you'd jump on the correct bandwagon. Oh well.

The Greatest Worst HUmar

Evil Republicans....

Burnt on the outside, raw on the inside.

You don't have to agree and quite frankly, I don't give a shit if you do or not.
    So why the hell did you post it on a forum? If you had to 'Get it off your chest' you could of written on a piece of paper, or go partake in some Nazi activities. Luckily enough, narrow minded people like yourself are in the minority.

Sideshowfreak

On 2003-09-06 22:34, Cynosure_Zen wrote:
    That's right, I think my country is the best in the world and that's my right to think that way. You don't have to agree and quite frankly, I don't give a shit if you do or not. I don't think the rest of the world is worthless, but at the same time, I don't think the rest of the world has the right to tell my country what it can and can't do when they don't have the power or influence to back it up.

Understand this: Respect is only given when respect is earned. A lot of these countries either haven't earned our respect or have lost it given their recent actions. Same thing with tolerance.

There's no plague, simply a realization by the American people that a lot of countries wish harm to the United States. If you aren't with us, then you must be against us. Otherwise, you'd jump on the correct bandwagon. Oh well.
    Are you 14 years old or something like that? The US needs the rest of the world more than the rest of the world needs the US. For ex export and import. US have nothing other countries needs(but the want it),but the US needs stuff they dont have. The only thing why you can export is because some things are cheaper from the US.
    And if your land is so good,why dont it use their own oil,they been the largest buyer of iraq oil for the last 20 years.
    Its people like you thats makes your countrie hated.
    Btw do you injoy reading of germany in the 1940?
    You sure sound like it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Voodoochild on 2003-09-07 02:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Voodoochild on 2003-09-07 02:45 ]</font>

I don't think the rest of the world is worthless, but at the same time, I don't think the rest of the world has the right to tell my country what it can and can't do when they don't have the power or influence to back it up.
    I like hypocrites. Read:
    If you ain't from the States, you ain't worth shit. Got me?
    Got me?

Okay, that has to make me say: You fucking idiot.

Don't you realise the respect for the United States from the international community is deteriorating all the time?

You're the one that needs to understand that respect is earned, not given. Being the last remaining superpower doesn't mean you get respect.

Even more black and white thinking. In this case, it's a very bad thing. If somebody isn't my friend, it doesn't mean they are my enemy.

You're just a blind patriot.