Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clans of Chaos is the beggining of our fic. I and another/Fujikuro/ will be posting this story together, I hope you all enjoy!!!=]

This story takes place a little after the explosion on Ragol, and the hunters first exploration of the forest. Eager personell request hunters assistance in finding answers, and fighting of the hordes of creatures, that seemed to have no purpose but to rid of them. But these are not the only wars going on, there still is the fighting amongst one another. This is the story of the grand clash of the clans.

Clans of Chaos

Chapter 1
    Unforseen Meeting

A low humming sound was all to be heard in the pitch black room. Zanos slowly released his breath, then took another one, they where getting closer. The humming noise now grew louder, an dhe could tell from wich direction it was coming. He hefted up his huge broad sword, now the humming was directly behind him. Zanos quickly turned and brung the sword around with him, he heard the sound of two metal pieces falling to the stone ground. The trick of using a sword like this, was that you cannot stop the sword from moving. Stopping the directional momentum from wich the blade was traveling would put serious strain on your arm, and reaction time was moe than halved. So, Zanos now was traveling with the blade, wich weighed more than twice his own. More distinct humming noises where heard, he continued to swing the sword around in and arc, then twisted the direction so it was going up, then down at a slented angle. More metal thudding to the ground meeted his efforts, but now the enemy had sorrounded him.

Still moving in a downward arc he twisted around to bring the blade level with his chest, and in doing so he swiped in a full 360 degree angle, and the blade stretched out five and a half feet, cleaving into all the oppenents around him. He released his breath again, it had only taken him thrity seconds to destroy the ten droids. Slowly lade faded in, and the stone chamber faded out, leaving him standing in a room, that was purely transparent. he took off the head set that distorted the sounds of the room, like the metel pieces falling onto stone, rather than glass..

Zanos activated his storage unit, selected deposit, and watched slowly as his weapon was broken down into thousands of greenish blue particles, and then stored into the data crystal. Then he headed towards the exit of the Hunters Guild training room. A few hunters came forward to take their own turn in the chamber, they stopped momentarily to congradulate him, and aske him about how he managed a sword of that size so easily. He managed to shake them off fairly easily, not many of the hunters around here really liked him altogether that much. It was either that they where jealous or because his reputation to handle the dirty work no one else would touch, maybe a little bit of both. But as long as he was at the hunters guild, he might want to check up on the quests.

Many hunters turned to stare at him as he went from room to room through the hunters guild, he was well known at least. Zanos soon came to the Quest Area of the guild, here there where a few hunters checking quest, but one person stood out in general. Normally the military did not like to come here, but there stood a military personell of some sort, he was asking several of the hunters something, but they all shook their heads. Zanos walked up to the clerk at the quest counter and asked for a list of the available quests. He shook his head, BEE contacts, he didn't want to go waiting for someone to arrive to get a quest, but there was one quest where the person who had established it, was in the builing. he accessed it, "INVESTIGATE CRISIS"
    see General Sahfel.

"Where is General Sahfel"
    The clerk pointed out the man that had been talking to the hunters before him, he nodded and left the quest counter. The general looked up hopefully when Zanos approached him.

"Are you here?"General Sahfel started

"I've come to accept the mission"Zanos confirmed
    General Sahfel sighed a sigh of relief,

"Finaly, let us leave this place, I dont feel comfortable talking here."

Zanos was getting curious about what was going on here. They walked in silence, the general seemed to sink lower and lower into depression with each step. He finaly stopped and turned to him, Sahfel took a long, deep breath before he began.

"This mission, is NOT to be taken whatsoever lightly. Its a continuis mission, where you will be doing some research for us. Its about a war between three clans, Ageis, Strike, and Crypt. There has been a recent clash, down in ragol. Its was between all three of them, we sent a team to calm them down, but we have lost contact with them. We want you to go down to the caves, to the battle ground, and find anything of interest."

"Such as?"Zanos coaxed
    "Such as... survivors, they would be able tell us something. Also look for the survivors from the riot team that was dipatched down there."

"Okay, now, how much are we talking here, these guys could easily kill me, where talking the war between the most powerfull clans here."

Sahfel sighed and handed a small storage unit, generally used for storing large amounts of meseta.

"Theres a hundred thousand, you'll get another hundred after you complete the mission"
    Zanos smiled, and shook Sahfels hand,

"Done"

Zanos leaned against his sword for a moment, the caves where huge! He had been walking around for hours and there was till no sighn of the battle. He sighed and hefted up the sword onto his shoulder, but the pay was enough to last him for a few years going easy. The endless rooms of nothing, and the swealtering heat down here was almost unbearable. Zanos passed through another door, expecting to see another waterfall of lava, or a room with half cooled magma on the ground, but instead there was something totally different. It was the battle ground, there was a huge metal structure floating on the lava, and in the middle there was a large pit that led straight to the magma.

The scene was strewn with the bodies of fallen, as he walked about, he saw three diferent igsignias put as arm bands just below the shoulder. There was a red A against a black backround, Ageis, problably, and then there was a Blue cresent against a black background, he had seen this before, this was the mark of Strike. Then there was one more, he did not see many of these bodies around, but there was one arm band with a black star against a white background, the final clac, Crypt.

Zanos had heard many rumors about crypt, they where almost a gorilla unit. They supposedly came from nowhere, with mabye ten men, and slaughter a hundred.

A shrill cry of a guil shark caught his attention, the bodies must be a feast for them, but one fell back shrieking, greenish blood pouring out of a long head wound, that meant a survivor of somesort! There was two of them, they where sorrounded by at least twenty Evil and Guil sharks. One was a riot officer, he was standing back with a mech gun pummeling them with photon bullets. The other was a HUnewearl, she had a pair of weapons that where usually called Blade Dances. There was something about her, that he just couldn't put a finger on. Zanos hurried to join the fight.

A few sharks turned to him as he came up to them, they shrieked in horror at the sword wielding warrior swung the huge blade and sliced three of them to pieces with one stroke of his sword. A GuilShark had crept up behind the riot officer, he yelled to warn him but it was to late. The GuilShark sliced him deep from behind, and he fell. Almost at the smae time, another shark hit the HUnewearl with the flat side of its blade like arms knocking her unconcious to the ground.

"Damn you!"

Zanos threw himself into the horde, just hoping that he could save her in time. The sharks did not pur up much of a fight, and they soon fled. He threw his sword to the side and ran to the HUnewearls side, she was unconcious, and bleeding badly, but she was still alive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-09-13 11:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-09-17 17:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-09-20 11:27 ]</font>

Creator Of Worlds

how are you gonna find the time to manage so many fan-fics?

Ark of Winter and Loss

Here we go boys and girls, this is Chapter 2 and I hope you all like it.

Zanos slowly walked over to the Hunewearl, he had some minor wounds that were bleeding but nothing too serious. As he looked down at the bloody hunewearl he noticed that she was still very much alive and needed his help. But this was a first,this cold feeling down his spine as he rushed to pick her up and telepipe back to Pioneer 2 as fast as he could. Once back he ran into a dead sprint to his room and layed her softly onto his bed. With a careful hand he began cleaning the wounds on her face and all around her body, he figured if he had taken her to the hospital they would have immediately noticed her clans insignia and called the police,he needed answers before something like that happened. Once her wounds were properly cleaned he put her under the covers of his bed and simply watched as she slept. Her hair was a soft blonde, like that childhood blanket you just can't let go of. He just watched as she slept like an angel sent from heaven,so serene and beautiful, he couldn't help but feel a cool shrill down his entire body as he watched her.

"Why do I feel like this...I'm an outcast hunter, I have no time for emotions like this..." Zanos said to himself as he leaned back in a chair.

His eyes began to get heavy,he had a full day down in the Caves and was glad to get out of there and back into his cooler abode. After a few minutes he drifted slowly to sleep...

All around him, Zanos could hear them, the very movements of something that was getting closer and closer. The room was almost pitch black,Zanos could barley see his giant sword as he cautiously moved through the abyss of darkness. Low hums seems like voices of the dead that have come back to haunt those who dare tresspass on their sacred home. Sweat began to beat down his brow as the hum got closer and closer until it the hum was beating in his very ears. Startled by the volume of the hum he quickly darted around and slashed through the air with his gigantic sword. Zanos saw the blood dripping from his sword then looked up...it was his mother and father standing there with an enormus gaping wound in their chest. They slowly began to mumble about their death being his fault and jumped right for him...

Zanos bolted out of the chair he was sitting in, sweat was pouring down his face as his eyes were wide open and his mouth even wider as it huffed for air. He dropped to one knee and tipped his head to the floor,this pain wouldn't leave him and he didn't even know why. He smashed his fist on the ground as hard as he could, his knuckles clenched in a fist,blood began to trickle down his hand.

"Mother...Father...why do you continue to haunt me? You two were all I had...everything I held dear to me...so why..." Zanos began to say to himself before realizing that the girl was awakening.

Being the man that Zanos is he quickly recomposed himself and got a towel for his hand. He looked on seeming almost anxious about the awakening of the Hunewearl. Finally the blonde haired girl opened her eyes and almost immediately bolted to her feet and looking for her weapon.

"Where am I?! Who the hell are you?!" She screamed as she began to choke Zanos with her right hand,which she noticed was bandaged up.

Zanos simply took her hand from his throat and told her about finding her surrounded by Guil Sharks and how he tended to her because it was part of his mission.

"So you rescued me big deal, that doesn't mean I will implicate my clan, Im a far better warrior than that!" She said in a rebellious tone.

Zanos simply shrugged before saying, "Fine, do whatever you like,I was planning to split the reward with you 50/50 if you cooperated but since you won't at least tell me your name, I think you owe me at least that much for taking care of your wounds, do I not?"

The hunewearl grinned for a second, almost as if realizing defeat, she walked slowly to the door and right before leaving looked back at Zanos with a full smile that sent a shrill howl down his spine.

"My name is Misumi...if you know whats good for you take my advice and don't get involved with our clan wars,it will only get you killed." Misumi said softly as she walked out the door.

Zanos sprinted to the door and hoped he could catch which direction Misumi went but by the time he opened the door but she was gone. Funny, he felt almost sad that she was no longer in his presence almost as if he had lost a loved one. After returning to that same chair in his room where he had that dream he just stared at the wall thinking about this Misumi,then he knew what he had to do, somehow he had to find her. He once more convinced himself it was because he needed more information...but his heart seemed to have other motives.

Yay!! good chapter fuji! Ill try to get the next chapter up tommorow or the day after. In the mean time tell us what you think so far! =]

Hey this is better than all your other ones fuji ^_^

hey how do you post those Which character are you things?

Ok guys, enjoy chapter 3. Fujikuro says the next 1 will be up in a few days...

Chapter 3
    Betrayal

Zanos was given orders from General Sefhal just a little bit later on from when Misumi took her leave, about a few hours later. It was good that he did recieve a call when he did, he was confused on what to do next. The message was sent through the BEE system, it informed him about a new lead that they had gotten, and they wanted him too look into it in further than what they had heard. Apparently, they had found a section of Pioneer 2 that the Crypt clan had a base of some sort. It did not give anysort of indication about where the information came from, but something didn't feel right. Zanos grimaced, sent to go investigate a rumor, he surely was doing the dirty work around here.

But for all he thought, orders where orders, Zanos straightened out his Humar gear and focused on his hair, did it look alright? He stopped himself suddenly, why was he worrying about his appearance? Thinking back to the incident in the caves, and just the way she spoke to him. There where so many questions that he had to figure out, that must be why he was continuing to go through with this, even if it eventualy claimed his life. With Misumi still on his mind he exited his house/apartment and headed to the coordinates provided him.

He soon found himself deep within the redria sector of Pioneer 2, the infamus rumors that constantly grew around here perfectly matched the thought that a hide out would be here in the depths of the section. Yet why would a clan hide themselves in the most obvious place that was searched constantly by the pioneer guard? But the lust for answers kept him going forward, even though each step he took felt like one less to the end. Zanos checked the data for the twentieeth time, just a few blocks ahead, and he would be there. Zanos glanced around his untidy sorroundings, the ground was wet, from the gathering artificial rain, and the streets where littered with junk. The shops around him gave off an ominous glow, that added to his discomfort of being there.

Even though the guard was strict, crime still managed to worm its way into the Pioneer sectors. It couldn't be helped, but they just shouldn't accept it as something that will always be there. People have become so dependant on others that they fail utterly to rely on themselves. Untill this comes to an end, Thieves, killers, they will all be able live in the fear, and in the dependance of the flawed system. As an outcast he seemed to observe more than act, yet he planned to put that to an end.

Zanos stopped, he was here. A long alleyway, that darkened as it went on, he saw fences and lined crates piled up dissapear into the black. Retrieving his sword from his storage unit he headed into the abyss, senses sharpened to their max, ready for anything. This mission was beggining to become more like the hoax he thought it was.

A whistling caught his ear, and he ducked down and rolled sideways as three darts thudded into his previous positions. It must be an ambush, they where expecting him, and he fell into willingly.

Another volley of darts shattered on the blade of his sword, he always found himself questioning himself, and others, why couldn't he accept it?

He thought he knew where the attacks came from, but he better wait to make sure, one mistake could cost him his life in these situation. Wasn't that the case in life, one action, simple, and thoughtless could screw up ones life utterly?

"Damn"He caught the whisper off to the right, and a little ahead. Zanos pretended to go off in the other direction, getting the concealed one to show him/herself to attack him. He saw from the corner of his eye a long tube protrude from a crate, so they where using a blowgun huh? How did they know he was there anyways? Now prepared, Zanos ran at the crate, the person ovbviously startled that he had saw him/her flung the crate at him in the hopes of distracting him. With one swing the crate was shattered to a bunch of woden shards, continuing the momentum of the sword, he struck out horizontally at the man. The man jumped back, and pulled out a whistle. The shrill noise soon brought four figures to the mans aid, he sighed, sorrounded.

He lowered his weapon, he knew that there was no choice for him but to give up, if he wanted to live and see Misumi again. One of the figures spoke...

"Good, come without resistance and you shall be spared, we want to ask you a few questions."The voice was low, and menacing.

"I will, but first, how, did you know I was coming here?"Zanos tried to keep his voice calm, even though anger welled up inside him.

"The information fed to you was false, one of our members slipped the information around, we where hoping you would come around"The voice was the same, the others remained silent.

"But why me? How did you know that I was going to be the one to come?"Anger started to seep into his voice, how?

"My my, you must controll that temper of yours, let us help you"The figure raised his hand,

"But ho--"He was cut off short by something.

Zanos felt a prick on his arm, he looked down to see a dart potruding from it. His vision blurred, and the four men seemed to turn into eight.And for a moment he wondered how it would feel to be ignorant and happy. Slowly he sank to the ground, fate unsure.