View Poll Results: My anwser...
NO!
Too many people are doing this and calling it legit. Getting FSODed or Corrupted

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 61.11%
  • No

21 38.89%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich

My anwser...
    NO!
    Too many people are doing this and calling it legit. Getting FSODed or Corrupted it part of the game. If you dupe anything even if it is just for you, you are an offical duper.
    So what do you think? Is it ok to make backups?

But FSOD isn't an INTENTIONAL part of the game. Just because the servers mess up on occassion doesn't mean that that's a gameplay element. (Play PSO, it has all the thrills of a computer shutting down and destroying your semester project!) It can be argued that, since duping SOLELY for FSOD protection doesn't actually go against any intentional gameplay elements, it is a perfectly legitimate action. Protecting your investment of time and of money seems perfectly reasonable to me.

As for me...I'm offline only. I've duped one item, a dimate, just to see how hard it is. Aside from that, I have no reason to worry about FSOD and find hunting to be the basis of the game. Besides, what fun would playing as characters with identical equipment be? I'd get bored.

Like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich

Still duping is duping your not legit if you dupe

On 2003-09-23 22:46, Stalfos333 wrote:

As for me...I'm offline only. I've duped one item, a dimate, just to see how hard it is.
    OMG YOU CHEATER ALL YOUR CHARACTERS ARE INFECTED WITH DIRTY FILTHY CHEATING DUPER SCUMBAG COOTIES YOU ARE SO COMPLETELY NOT LEGIT OMG OMG YOU SUCKY n00b!!!</HEAVY sarcasm>(Mmm, whiny legits, gotta love 'em. Not)

Personally, I don't see any problem in making back-up dupes. I'd see it as a sort of insurance policy. If I ever get online, I'm probably going to dupe everything I use with regularity, use the dupes and store the originals on my other card. Except Fluffy, of course. I couldn't dupe Fluffy. That would be wrong. *cuddles Fluffy* The thing that would make me saddest if I got corrupted would be losing Fluffy. Then again, if I got online I'd probably retire him, use one of my better Rati, and keep him nice and safe on the other card. Heh.

FSOD/FSODX is a bug. Duping is a bug. Use one bug to fix the other. *shrug* Works for me. If you've got a problem with it... Dude, you really need to go outside and get some fresh air.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I play too much to post here much. Mman2000's Avatar

Duping an item as a backup: acceptable

Duping just to get a shitload of items: not acceptable
    When the king acts like a badass the ace just sits back and lets him make a fool out of himself.

in pc version... it is easy to make backups and everyone does it just incase something very stupid happens to make you lose your item...

On 2003-09-23 22:51, Reece wrote:
    How does it make you not legit?

On 2003-09-24 06:34, CivX wrote:
    On 2003-09-23 22:51, Reece wrote:
    How does it make you not legit?
    ....dude....duping....is cheating...derrr....

...and the backed up item is not legit....

Yes, the item IS legit because the game does not know it's a copy. If I made a copy of a weapon that took me HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS to find and put it in my bank for safe keeping just in case I lose the weapon I found I'm no longer legit? Haha, give me a break.