Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A slave for Naru...

There have been numerous posts out there concerning this topic, but they were not exactly what I was looking for... I've been searching for two things on the net:

1. A rare item drop chart that tells the chances (percent/ratio) of the item being dropped. I'm specifically looking for Hard and Normal mode charts since I have acquired the Very Hard and Ultimate charts from the following URL:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/393/393635p1.html

2. I'm wondering if there is any definate round about ratios or percent of encountering rare enemies such as a Hildeltorr or a Mil Lily? A link to the site where you found your info would be great.

PSO World's charts are great, but I was looking for some percents or ratios on the drop rates too... So if anyone knows a site on the net that has what I'm looking for, please reply back to this thread. Thanks so much everyone!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xenocraze on 2003-09-27 21:22 ]</font>

WOW. Not only are the tables wrong, the chances are complete BS.

Purplenum Card
    1 / 18,332

- I have about 3 of them

Psycho Wand
    1 / 205

- Out of 3 Lillies, 2 dropped them.

Heaven's Punisher
    1 / 190,650

- Heeheehee, want one? I got 14.

Sorceror's Right Arm
    1 / 900

- I BEG YOU, TAKE ONE OFF MY HANDS! EVERY FRICKING GRAN SORC HAS DROPPED ONE, EXCEPT FOR ONE IN RUINS 3 (Trifluid), AND ONE IN RETIRED HUNTER! (Nothing)

Storm Wand: Indra
    1 / 213

Whomever wrote this guide, expect 54 of these on your front lawn tomorrow morning.

Partisan of Lightning
    1 / 37

Ok, so I only fought him once on Ult... does that make me lucky, or the guide's author stupid?

On 2003-09-28 04:10, Olga-Rappy wrote:
    WOW. Not only are the tables wrong, the chances are complete BS.

Purplenum Card
    1 / 18,332

- I have about 3 of them

Psycho Wand
    1 / 205

- Out of 3 Lillies, 2 dropped them.

Heaven's Punisher
    1 / 190,650

- Heeheehee, want one? I got 14.

Sorceror's Right Arm
    1 / 900

- I BEG YOU, TAKE ONE OFF MY HANDS! EVERY FRICKING GRAN SORC HAS DROPPED ONE, EXCEPT FOR ONE IN RUINS 3 (Trifluid), AND ONE IN RETIRED HUNTER! (Nothing)

Storm Wand: Indra
    1 / 213

Whomever wrote this guide, expect 54 of these on your front lawn tomorrow morning.

Partisan of Lightning
    1 / 37

Ok, so I only fought him once on Ult... does that make me lucky, or the guide's author stupid?
    I was about to lynch you for the Psycho Wands claim, then read the rest. Feel lucky. >_>

What ID are you, and what level? I'm sure you can completely disprove some of it. Try it yourself.

By the way, want a Storm Wand: Indra?

Yo, can I get a sorcerer arm off ya?

1) The drops don't go by a percent or fraction, ask Sounomi.
    2) Rare monsters I read are about 1/500 or 1/512. Beat times may affect rare monsters, but don't affect item drops.

Now that I know how those percentages were came about, I know for sure that they are wrong. They are not based off any information from ST but instead a PC version hacker's idea for how the percent chance is determined.

A slave for Naru...

I have found these ratios and percents to be very accurate. If you think they are totally bogus, it's probably because unlike with other charts, these charts combined the chances that the rare item is actually dropped and the chances that the enemy drops any item at all. That is why many of the ratios seem so ridiculous.

I'd post another URL to another chart I found that has higher percents, but the site disappeared. On that site were percents without the chance that the enemy drops any item at all. When I multiplied the percents given on PSO World (percent chance the enemy drops an item) with them, they were almost exactly the same.

PSO Assassin

these charts are off some what, at least for the bluefull Silence Claw thing, ive got four of em and there not really that great.

On 2003-09-28 07:38, foamcup wrote:
    Yo, can I get a sorcerer arm off ya?
    Sure thing. This week's busy, try Friday/Saturday night.