Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey all, I've been playing PSO for a while now, close to 130 hours (not too long, but more than any other game that I ever owned!), I'm at level 60, my section id is Skyly, I'm a HUcast, and I'm currently doing the Ruins in V.Hard. So far the rarest items I've come across are a few of Photon Claws, and I can buy Last Survivors in the store regularily, that's it. I have been luck enough to fight two Pouilly Slimes and a Nar Lily, but all of them have dropped nothing for me (I came across one in each diff. mode). Now I know I probably shouldn't be finding too many rare things yet (I think), but two of my friends, who I regularily play with, are both close to level 100 and have played just a little longer than me, and they really haven't found anything either (besides a Double Saber and some units).

So my question is: What is the formula for finding rares? Is it based on hours played? experience level? section id? current area? difficulty? online/offline? pure chance? I mean SEGA must have some formula in place to make sure that level 5 chars don't find Lavis Cannons or Heaven Punishers! So I want to know what the formula is, or if anyone has any good ideas what it is.

Alternately, if you don't have any ideas then maybe you could tell me the details if you have found any "medium" rares or above (I mean anything above 9 stars), legal items only, nothing given or generated pls.
    Please inlcude (if possible):
    - character class (ie HUmar, FOnewm)
    - section ID
    - experience level
    - hours played
    - area found in (ie Forest1, Ruins3)
    - found from (ie Sinow Beat, Item Box)
    - difficulty (ie Normal, V.Hard)
    - and whether you were online or offline

If you could give all the info then perhaps we could pool it together and get some ideas. My interest in the game will severly begin to waver if I don't find anything above 9 stars (I REALLY want a OrotiAgito, Spread Needle, Chain Sawd, Lavis Cannon, or Shield of Delsaber... Heaven Punisher would also be nice ).

Any contributions are greatly aprreciated, thanks!

Veteran Fighter

------------
    well ive been playing pso for a while now (since the jap launch) and the rarest items i ever found was a double saber, durandal,and a god abality i found those with:
    Fonewm
    whitill
    bout 250 hours for durandal, bout 100 for double saber, and i cant remember for god abality

double saber i got from a garanz in the mines 2 on hard

durandal forest 2 on hard from a booma

god abality from a nar lily in caves 2 on vhard

now i dont usually find a whole lot of SUPER RARES (i.e lavis,heavens punisher, chain sawd)
    but lately i have been finding regular weapons with MADDDDD stars. i found an arrest claymore with 9 stars. i also find a lotta weapons with good %'s. the best & weapon i have found is a varista with 35% native,20% machine, and 35% dark. oh and i cant forget my havok slicer with 50% machine

well thats the whole box-o-goodies hope i helped you a little

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: skinee on 2001-03-31 15:04 ]</font>

Veteran Fighter

lol sorry i had to delete it cause i wasnt sure if my sig was in the requirement range lol

I found a delsabre's right arm:
    lvl.29, about 38hrs., ruins reg.

Veteran Fighter

Some people don't agree, but I think 'Luck', the stat, effects things.

I'm a Savage Wolf, grr baby!

The rarest things I have personally found were a Sting Tip +2 and a Spread Needle +4. I'm not sure about which section ID I was in for the Spread Needle, but I was in Pinkal for the Tip. I also have found decent 9 star weapons with high % ranging between 50-65%.

I agree with Shir.

... And Cheech, where did you find the Spread Needle?

I dont think luck does anything. Im mean just think about it: With 100 luck I should be finding stuff left and right. But dont. And Ive taken 2 characters to 100 luck now. And, yknow what, the rarest items Ive found were mostly on Hard, while I was leveling up my low level guys with extremely low luck (10-20). Hunters Wall, and Suppressed Gun. Those were the items.

I think the rare system is basically, odds based. Ratios, and statistics. Like 1:1000 Boomas will drop an Agito or something like that. And the lower the difficulty, the less chance a ???Special Weapon drop will be. But if there is one, the more rare the item will be. EX: The guy who said he was in Cave1, Normal and found a Holy Ray. My Suppressed Gun in Mines, Hard. The only Delsaber arms Ive found were in the Normal and Hard difficulties.

On the other hand, there has been some very strange stuff, Ive heard of, and experienced. I think it was Maverick who finds sbeat arms from delsabers, in Ruins2 Hard. Personally, I have always heard that Al Rappies drop Flowens Shields, but I have gotten 2 of them, 1 from a Rag Rappy, the other from a Barbarous Wolf. And several times Ive seen Rag Rappies dropping Ranger Fields for me. But I still think if you play on hard mode, while you wont have a good chance of a special drop, when there is one, itll be something good.

Umm... What he said.