Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

The other day, I decided to test a theory. 5 times I created a game called legits only and 4 of those were ruined by dupers on purpose. Even asking them nicely to change their weapons to something less powerful or to please leave the game didn't work. Even while playing a force I was lucky to get three hits in within 4-5 rooms! I'd like to know how many other legit players have the same problem, and I would like to know why some dupers have to be total assholes. Please keep this post civilized, because I dont want a flame war.

old school fanatic

If you created a team named "dupers only" you'd probably get the same treatment from some legit. The difference is that there is less legits.

I think that some dupers think that they may have an easier time if they invade games full of legit players. They will have competition for things in other games.

sorry to say, but this world will never be asshole free.
    Doesn't matter if they were legit or not. Assholes will always be an asshole no matter where they go, what game they play. If a non-legit player can't follow your game rule of legit only. Don't feel bad, feel sad for that illiterate mofo that can't get any kill in a non-legit game.

btw..you should thank god that he wasn't half of an asshole as i could be =P.

I know what you mean Sarah. The same thing happens to me, except I don't make any "legit Only" games.

Every game I am in, ATLEAST 2 out of the 4 people in that game are non-legit. But usually they are all non-legit besides me. I can remember one guy used a Dark Flow in a Hard game, killing all the monsters in one hit, I didn't get a lick out of any of them. I asked him very nicely if he could change to a less damaging weapon. He replied "No, I can't." and I said, "I am sure you have other weapons to use..." and he just said again, "No I can't." later on when we got to Falz, he pulled out some weapons that only hit one enemy at a time to show off a little. I knew he had other weapons. Why did he have to be an asshole? I was completely nice to him. Even after we had that little argument I still killed the traps set on him and healed him.

The key is just to live and let live. There are assholes, but there isn't a reason you should be to them.

Another story is about a guy in Hard mode, a RAmar to be exact. Using a Spread Needle offing EVERY monster in a room before we could get into it! I also asked him to use another weapon, and he just ignored me. I of course left that game.

The attitudes of newbies today are really sucking... It's because of all these dupes going around, they can just easily cheat their way up to the top.

Man, the other day, my HUmar was in a Hard game with this HUcast. I was using a Pallasch, and he was using a duped mag and S-Rank Double Gladius(I like to call it that) and he didn't even freaking know what my weapon was! He asked me "wut wep is that". I replied "You don't know what this is???" he said "no", I said "It's a Pallasch! A regular weapon!"

It's sad, n00bs don't even know what a Pallasch is. Nothing but dupes going through their mind... Hell, in DC, I lived off a Pallasch at one time. It's really sad.

On 2003-10-06 10:31, gallaugher wrote:
    If you created a team named "dupers only" you'd probably get the same treatment from some legit. The difference is that there is less legits.
    if u ask me i think us legits have better things to do then go join a cheater game...

5KY said it best, assholes will be assholes. No matter what battle you're a part of, you will find idiots on both sides of the fence. If the guy had been using a legit Dark Flow in Hard mode would it have made it any more tolerable? No way, it's the fact that he's being a dumbass rather than his use of dupes that's the problem here. Same with the Spread Needle- they aren't that hard to find. It could very well have been a legit one just passed down from a higher level character of that guy's, but even if it was, the problem is that he's being an idiot and using it in Hard mode and not letting anyone else get a hit.

And jt, be quiet for once. Holy light does not radiate from all legits. Legits as a whole are not any smarter than dupe users as a whole. If you don't believe me, just read one of your posts. You need to get a grip on reality and have a couple of revelations, one being that the items you use on a video game do not determine your mental capacity or personality traits. I stopped calling myself "a legit" long ago for the express purpose of not being associated with folks like you.

I play too much to post here much. Mman2000's Avatar

I was wrong when I said there were good dupers who were decent players, obviously there aren't. Playing with cheaters is a waste of time.
    When the king acts like a badass the ace just sits back and lets him make a fool out of himself.

I play too much to post here much. Mman2000's Avatar

On 2003-10-06 15:41, Aurra wrote:
    5KY said it best, assholes will be assholes. No matter what battle you're a part of, you will find idiots on both sides of the fence. If the guy had been using a legit Dark Flow in Hard mode would it have made it any more tolerable? No way, it's the fact that he's being a dumbass rather than his use of dupes that's the problem here. Same with the Spread Needle- they aren't that hard to find. It could very well have been a legit one just passed down from a higher level character of that guy's, but even if it was, the problem is that he's being an idiot and using it in Hard mode and not letting anyone else get a hit.
    If it was legit it wouldn't make a difference, that's true. The real crime here isn't using a dupe, it's being an asshole.

And jt, be quiet for once. Holy light does not radiate from all legits. Legits as a whole are not any smarter than dupe users as a whole. If you don't believe me, just read one of your posts. You need to get a grip on reality and have a couple of revelations, one being that the items you use on a video game do not determine your mental capacity or personality traits. I stopped calling myself "a legit" long ago for the express purpose of not being associated with folks like you.
    I haven't been online for too long and already I have learned to associate being a cheater with being an asshole. This is why legits aren't nice to cheaters, because cheaters are a bunch of fucking jerks who need to take a course in how to be something besides an asshole. Cheaters are responsible for a legit's hostile attitude toward them.

As far as I'm concerned cheaters are NOT welcome to join any team I create.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mman2000 on 2003-10-06 15:51 ]</font>
    When the king acts like a badass the ace just sits back and lets him make a fool out of himself.

On 2003-10-06 15:50, Mman2000 wrote:
    I haven't been online for too long and already I have learned to associate being a cheater with being an asshole. This is why legits aren't nice to cheaters, because cheaters are a bunch of fucking jerks who need to take a course in how to be something besides an asshole.
    Eventually, you'll probably wish you could take that back. If you play online long enough, you'll inevitably meet a nice guy who happens to have a TJ-Sword in his bank, and your attitude that all cheaters are "a bunch of fucking jerks" will change.

How do I know this? I've gone through all the stages of PSO. On V1, I was the duper and the hacker. I had all the rare weapons, and got bored quickly. Thus began phase two. On V2 I was pretty legit. I had a couple of dupes, but the majority of my stuff and everything I used on a regular basis was found by me. Towards the end of V2, I got bored with even this and became the "uber legit." Throughout the first couple of weeks of GC PSO I was hateful to dupe users, lectured people on the ethics of using dupes, etc. Basically I was the stereotype idiot legit. I'm not proud of it and I certainly don't like to advertise it.

Eventually I simply came to realize that it just doesn't really matter. Dupes are not evil. They do not carry a poisonous aura. They don't corrupt people and they don't cause FSOD. Ever heard of "guns don't kill people, people kill people?" That quote pretty much applies to this situation. It's not the duped BKB that hogs the EXP, it's the loser wiping out all the Hard mode boomas with it that does. I now have a legitimate BKB, and if I wanted to I could go into a hard mode game, take the boss warp alone and kill the dragon in three hits. Does this make my BKB evil? No sir, it wouldn't make my BKB anything, but it would make me an idiot.

I can be friends with dupe users and legits alike, because seeing dupes simply does not bother me, at all. How could that possibly be, you wonder? It's easy, I don't care about what other people on PSO, save for a handful, think. It probably sounds cold, but it's true. Folks, I just don't give a damn. I couldn't care less whether you think I'm the greatest guy alive or the biggest moron in history due to the way I play PSO. I don't care about impressing someone with my aaaaawesome legit items, and I don't care about trying to fix the shattered PSO economy. The only thing I really do care about on PSO is playing with my pals, and that doesn't require a prerequisite of legitimacy.

Like I said, if you stay online for long enough you'll probably change your mind like I have.