I've had PSO since early December (burned copy), and only recently decided to pitch out the money to buy it so I could play online.

I want to know what the best class would be for someone who wants to solo sometimes, but also be a strong ally.

I have 2 characters already saved on my designated PSO VMU, a lvl 34 HUcast, and a lvl28 force.

Which would be the better choice? Or would both of them be bad for what I want to do?

Veteran Fighter

Normally I'd go 'oh, every class has it's own benefits'.
    But it seems to me non-android hunters are the 'best'. You can use all the support spells to keep you and allies strong, as well as dish out the damage. Rangers get less power, and really only spread weapons and rifles to make up for it. Forces... well, from my experience, are rather weak and the hunters cal do all their spells almost just as good. Androids seem to have a few immunities, but I really miss 'resta' when playing one. Shifta would be nice too.

Androids have no TP so there bad. Forces have too little HP. So the best are the Human Ranger, the Human Hunter and the Newman Hunter. My personal favourite is the HUmar

XBL Gamertag: Conjurer

Ya see, everyone seems to love HuMars and i have to agree they are the best characters in terms of ability but....to be other characters is the choice for everyone that cares being different from anyone in your party. I myself am a FoNewm, HuMar, and RaCast. I have found i get the most pleasure out of playing my FoNewm. 1st of all, he looks really awesome, he kicks @$$ with magic(better than a HuMAr i might add) and is different from everyone else. With a Fo, you are unique, when you are a hunter you are the same as every other sould eater wielding player.

Rappy Hunter

I agree that HUmar is the best solo all around character. But ive played every class and i would say that i have had the most FUN playing my FOmarl. I kinda got bored of just hacking up everything. So now i just blow them up.