Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Why do legits hate dupers and hackers? Why do we hate legits? They dislike us because we use copying and hacked items. Thats the way we choose to play the game. We dislike them because they badmouth us over 80% of the time. And when it's about items they get mad that we use special items like red ring. If they want to be legit fine they can just wait 10,000 years for a legit ring to come out. And duped items are not non-legit unless the orginal one was hacked.
    I have notting against Legit players. Some of my friends are legit. This is my idea about this ongoing war of the players.

Because people that use dupes suck at this game and have to cheat to play it so they're easy targets for legits (like myself) to make fun of.

This game is so rediculously easy that it blows my mind that people would cheat at it. And not just cheat but max stats, add 100%s to their weapons, use hacks, and on and on. Gah, a lvl 100 could beat this game with a Calibur.

i see where your coming from, but legits believe dupers ad hackers take the fun out of the game, me myself, has never duped or hacked anything to offend legits alot of them think i'm totally legit, i dupe well for myself as back-up purposes and on the dc version i was even branded as legit even though i duped then and often saved legits from pking thieves, everything from replacing the lost item to actually playing with them when they rather just wanted to find a new one, believe me not all hacker, legits, or dupers are bad, we all enjoy this game in one way or another and there are those who enjoy ruining it for others, its up to you, to choose your associates.

EDIT:

most dupers like myself only dupe to back up those precious weapons from FSOD other than that i play the game like it was intended, and no i don't dupe for other unless its vital like stated above

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trunkszero on 2003-11-02 19:49 ]</font>

Dragon Slayer

The dreaded fsod, always hated it when that happens. Back when I had dail up if someone called i'd get fsod and lose all my stuff. Finally got dsl!

from what i've read that reduces the rate of being fsod' but if some simple minded person clogs the lobby you could easily be victim to one

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

Hmm, I hate dupers because they have no idea how rare certain things are. They run around Lobbies trying to trade for a Redria Card like anyone actually has this item, which is quite annoying. Also, dupers routinely lie about finding their items. They'll tell you ridiculous fish stories like finding a Psycho Wand from Sinow Zele when it's completely apparent the item is a dupe, they'll say they unsealed their J-Swords and found their Flow DNA, they're the type that thinks you're stupid enough to believe these ludicrous tales.

Dupers are annoying for their audacity and their penchant for lying, but I guess from a personality standpoint that's pretty much what legits do too.

Both parties seriously bother me.

Dupers are annoying for their audacity and their penchant for lying, but I guess from a personality standpoint that's pretty much what legits do too.

Both parties seriously bother me.
    alot of them are annoying, and most trade and dupe i search and dupe, it kind of scares me away from online play when everyone is playing with the same weapon thats been grinded to hell and i'm playing with one of my rare finds

I for one, don't even consider using dupes to be cheating. Can you prove that an item is duped? Can you prove that an item is legit? No and no. You never will be able to. If you can't even scientifically prove the difference between the two, how can using one give you an unfair advantage? (Which is basically the definition of cheating.)

Using a hack or a dupe of a hack that could never be found or forged legitimately, that would be cheating. Using things like weapons that have a hidden 300% attribute, a Special Weapon Double Cannon, Red Ring... I would consider those to be cheating. Just a dupe of a weapon that someone originally found? In my oh-so-humble opinion, not cheating.

Anyway, the only kinds of cheaters I hate are the vicious malignant ones. NOLers from the DC days, PKers, trade window thieves. I hate those people with a passion. Just dupers or people with dupes, nah. They're fine. If I am so selfish and controlling that I have a problem with someone's equipment being better than mine, well folks, that's my problem.

Edit: grammar is fun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-11-02 21:28 ]</font>

lol now you would be a person i wouldn't mind playing with

Ofcourse I don't know the whole story, but this is what I get of it at the moment:
    ST came up with a way to get ppl to trade stuff. And in that they made less valuable stuff, and more valuable stuff. Duping has taken away the value of the more valuable stuff, so the value of trading has been seriously compromised. (= less fun)
    Also because anyone can get a more valuable thing easily (even free!) and do unreasonable amounts of damage/take unreasonably hard hits. This upsets the balance in the game. (= less fun)
    The ones to suffer most from this are the legit players, as they get poorly balanced games, and no chance to trade their more valuable stuff. (Who wants it anymore, with all the duped stuff that's even better?)
    So, I can imagine legits resent dupers, and some ppl actualy get so worked up over a game they start calling dupers names. (the losers) And ofcourse there are those that hear others do name-calling and start doing it too without knowing what it's all about... (even bigger losers)

Claiming a dupe is legit if the original was not a hack is bullshit. Duping is an exploit of a glitch that ruins the game. Duping IS cheating!

P.S. I am legit, and don't have a problem with non-legits, as long as they behave. I hate legits that misbehave as much as non-legits that misbehave. Among my friends are both legits and non-legits, and we all behave. So we all have our fun....