Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cRappy Hunter

I can understand the reasoning behind people not being able to post cheat codes but Lolita's sticky also says no posting "exploits" and "boss trick." So then, if the boss trick is an exploit, then does that mean:

piping for rare enemies,
    canabin rings,
    and the CCA trick

are grounds for insta-ban? I can't think of a reason for banning the boss trick that couldn't also be applied to these things as well. So are they banned here too?

Yes. They are exploits. Okay this subject has already come to a close. Good-night.

cRappy Hunter

Wow. Really? So nobody here can talk about piping?

New question then: What is the difference between an "exploit" and a "game secret"?

an exploit are things like piping, a game secret is like the treasure room behind the water fall in the ruins

Piping, CCA, Candin ring tricks, Recoboxing are NOT exploits. They were put there by the creators of the game for a reason. It was structured that way for a reason. Boss tricking is manipulating the hardware to get the game to do something outside of the normal paramaitors of the game. Multi euquiping, PKing, duping, NOLing ect all fall into this manipulation/exploit/cheat catagory as well.

cRappy Hunter

"...an exploit are things like piping"

What do you mean, "things like piping"? What is it about piping that makes it an exploit and not a game secret?

According to Guntz348, an exploit is something that manipulates the game hardware such as the modem or the menu interface. But he also seems to be saying that CCA tricks, canabin rick tricks, and piping were put there by the creators on purpose. So then, if the creators intended for it to be in the game, then it is not an exploit, but a game secret?

New Question: How do people know whether or not the creators intended for an exploit to be in the game?

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Well, piping is not possible online but it is possible offline, which means that ST KNOWS it is in the game. I think that's pretty clear cut as NOT being an exploit.

^ Agreed. Besides, Sonic Team lists piping as a "gameplay tip" on their own website, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that they don't care if you do it.

its getting the final cca section to unlock w/o all 3 switches. i dunno how to do it, but it would be useful. but its more beneficial to just go through the stages. you coudl get sum nice items. alto thoe shock gibbons piss me off