Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

I am totally sorry that I told everyone it is impossible. It was only impossible because of my testing methods.

Thanks to a friend of clara, I now know the right answer.

Kill 23,000 or more enemies using the Sealed J-Sword. After you do that, the Remove option becomes Use, like the other items that can change.

THIS WILL NOT WORK USING A HACKED SEALED J-SWORD - ONLY LEGITIMATE J-SWORDS CAN BE CONVERTED THIS WAY. (This is why I concluded it was impossible!)

I have a capture card so I can make a video of the 23000th kill and conversion to a Tsumikiri if you think it's necessary.

There are some bugs associated with this item.

1. When you kill a monster with a Sealed J-Sword, other people in the team do not see the updated kill count. I recommend that, before giving or showing this item to another user, that you bank it then remove from bank.

2. If as a result of #1, you see the kill count as 23000 or higher (able to convert) and other people don't, when you use it, other people will not see a Tsumikiri, and still see the Sealed J-Sword. After making a Tsumikiri, you should bank it and unbank it so everyone is synchronized.

Hard to believe that Sonic Team made 2 bugs on the same item! (The other bug is that you can't remove a Sealed J-Sword from a Present. Sonic Team "fixed" this in September by modifying Gallon's Shop to not let you wrap a Sealed J-Sword.)

-- Barubary

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barubary6 on 2003-11-22 12:34 ]</font>

Cant get enough of that wonderful Muff

Whoever found that out is a genius.

Edit: Also, how is the hack different to an original? There is actually a counter? Is there like a way to check how many monsters you have killed? Does the Sealed J have to remain equiped?

I need more info >_> Then I can start looking for one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: muff on 2003-11-22 12:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: muff on 2003-11-22 12:39 ]</font>

How is it my work? I didn't find this. I looked using hack methods and failed.

-- Barubary

On 2003-11-22 12:29, Barubary6 wrote:
    I am totally sorry that I told everyone it is impossible. It only impossible because of my testing methods.

Thanks to a friend of clara, I now know the right answer.

Kill 23,000 or more enemies using the Sealed J-Sword. After you do that, the Remove option becomes Use, like the other items that can change.

THIS WILL NOT WORK USING A HACKED SEALED J-SWORD - ONLY LEGITIMATE J-SWORDS CAN BE CONVERTED THIS WAY. (This is why I concluded it was impossible!)

I have a capture card so I can make a video of the 23000th kill and conversion to a Tsumikiri if you think it's necessary.

There are some bugs associated with this item.

1. When you kill a monster with a Sealed J-Sword, other people in the team do not see the updated kill count. I recommend that, before giving or showing this item to another user, that you bank it then remove from bank.

2. If as a result of #1, you see the kill count as 23000 or higher (able to convert) and other people don't, when you use it, other people will not see a Tsumikiri, and still see the Sealed J-Sword. After making a Tsumikiri, you should bank it and unbank it so everyone is synchronized.

Hard to believe that Sonic Team made 2 bugs on the same item! (The other bug is that you can't remove a Sealed J-Sword from a Present. Sonic Team "fixed" this in September by modifying Gallon's Shop to not let you wrap a Sealed J-Sword.)

-- Barubary
    So now we finally have the method hm?
    23,000 enemies... actually I think I heard this number before...
    Heh so now we can have legit Tsumikiris... nice.

Btw, are there any conditions? Can you die? Can you unequip it or equip a different weapon? Can you drop it? etc.

Well, if there is a counter in a legit Sealed J-Sword, then my guess is any monster you kill with it equipped counts. So I would also guess as a result dying has no effect.
    But what I want to know,
    do you have to deliver the final blow for it to count? Or do you just have to hit the enemy with it?

Heh now when someone uses a Tsumikiri we're actually going to have to take a moment to wonder if it's legit

The bank thing seems to be a running gag with PSO items. Rare MAGs are still in a blue box if they've just evolved, and other people see Easter Egg items as other things. I had someone thinking I was a hacker because I had just got an Amore Rose from the Easter Egg, but they saw it as a Drill Launcher, which apparently looks hilarious on a FOmar.

Not saying that you are lying, but when a few people actually obtain a real Sealed J, then manage to slay 23,000 enemies, and in doing so "Use" the sword, I will believe this.

Nothing against you at all, but this topic has more rumours than any other videogame, even the hot topic in the past about bringing back Aeris.

On the flip side, I'm glad that you posted this, because whether you embrace it or not, you do have a certain reputation within this community and people do tend to believe you.

Hopefully this can be verified by a reliable in game user in a few weeks and then we can put an end to PSO's biggest mystery.

Now I'm still not sure how you or Clara found this info out, but considering you have posted in the past saying there is no *counter* or anything related to the Sealed J, I was wondering, do you have anything other specifics?

Aside from the item banking to sync up the characters values, here are some questions that you may or may not have the answers to:

Must the Sealed J be equipped for all 23,000 kills without switching or dying (unequipping) etc?

23,000 kills.. in one difficulty only? Does each difficulty have it's own counter? Ultimate kills only?

23,000 kills, do battle mode kills count? Janitorbob said he unsealed his in Bmode killing a FO. Maybe he was lying, or maybe he reached that threshhold of 23,000kills (even though he said nothing of the "use" option).

Do boss kills count?
    Do quest kills count?

What if I attack a Merlan, and a FO finishes it off with Barta, do I get the kill? I would still get exp for affecting it, but not the kill bonus.

How about attacking a Rappy with the Sealed J, switching to a Red Saber and finishing him off, or vice versa. Would either count towards the 23,000 kills?

I know, a lot of questions, but needed ones.

Even if you don't have the answers to all of these, it would be very helpful to everyone at PSOworld. If these can be addressed early, we won't have 10,000 posts with the same questions, false claims to unsealing, others accusing of lying, flamewars, etc.

heh, another mystery solved.

now clear up all the trouble surounding the flow's genes please...