I was wondering, are the PSO characters just skins meshed around a skeletal system? Are the Mags on a skeletal system? The mag things seems as if they are like I think the characters are.

Back on DC I had a Naga mag. In it's animation it's mouth opens and closes. I used my gameshark to turn it into a Kama. The Kama's mouth then moved up and down like a naga. The bottom jaw looking thing moved up and down, anyway.

Just wondering.

I would definitely the mesh models in the characters and monsters have skeletons. Character animation without them is a major pain in the ass...and almost impossible to do something within a given time period to create the animations for games.

I can't say for the mags though. Could be just cluster groups of points (aka metaforms, which are used for facial animations) that are animated, or some form of skeleton could have been used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-12-08 20:32 ]</font>

I would like to design characters/levels/monsters for video games when I get older. If I do, mabey I can answer your question.

Most likely meshes bound to a "skeletal" structure(Bones or Biped in 3D Studio Max). I think in the credits of PSO you see names for motion capture actors(not a 100% sure here), so that should imply a definate skeletal strucure. Morrowind I know uses biped from 3D Studio Max to animate any 2 legged being. Mags a natuaraly animated seperatly but linked to a part of the character's "skeleton". Using Morrowind as my example again...Weapons, when equipped, are linked to an extra "bone" in the hand dubbed the Weapon Bone.
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."