Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My name is Jonathan and I'm a Holy Ray-aholic, and I have been on the hunt for one for almost two months now. It all started when the day my FOmar grew boring. I began losing interest; it was time to experiment. I grabbed a pair of vulcans with high hit percent and started gunnin' down all enemies. It was amazing, with a dash of S&D and pinch of J&Z my FOmar once again became a threat. I found myself killing Vulmers and Govulmers in seconds; it was amazing. This went on for a week or so before I grew tired of the mechgun animation. It was time to find a new more powerful gun for the FOmar. I set my eyes on the Holy Ray. I started on Forest runs. Forest run after Forest run yielded no Holy Ray. There is the saying that "a cat's got nine lives" well the Sil Dragon has over forty. I got fed up; I quit. Until recently, I attained the Demolition Comet. With the Demolition Comet, I started Cave runs with my HUcaseal. I got to the Dal Ral Lie, and decided that I did not have enough healing items and I had to start dropping them on the raft. Well I did this multiple times, and it was about the third time, I forgot to deposit all 400k meseta. I died, returned to the bank to find 0 meseta. I shut it off and went to class. After returning I decided to give it another go. "Underground Channel" read the teleporter. It was a glorious battle, but after fifteen or so minutes I slain the beast. As I waited for the lights to turn on I saw it, it was the red box I had anticipated for months. I ran to it to find "PHOTON DROP". In summation I do not believe I will ever be able to get the Holy Ray. PSO is toying with me, and I quit. Is anyone as frustrated as I am with attaining this weapon?

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

...rant-ish?

yes, holy ray is good, but don't go out searching for it specifically. you will never get it that way (the truth) just have fun with the game, if you search for specific weps, they will never come (in my experieances)

On 2003-12-11 20:24, KaFKa wrote:
    ...rant-ish?

yes, holy ray is good, but don't go out searching for it specifically. you will never get it that way (the truth) just have fun with the game, if you search for specific weps, they will never come (in my experieances)
    I totaly agree ... its nice to want these crazy weps to some day get ... but dont go out and do 100reds of runs looking for 1 wepon ... Dont get to frustrated and Have fun the special wepons are like the cheri ontop of a sunday

If its any help, it took my yellowboze hucast 27 runs to get my holy ray. Hope it helps!

SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE!

On 2003-12-11 20:24, KaFKa wrote:
    ...rant-ish?

I disagree! I went searching for it with my Blueful (the only reason why I played him) and about the 15 at Sil Dragon I see a red box and it indead was a Holy Ray (Stats 0/15/0/25/25 found like that)! And that is the only weapon (next to S-Rank Twin) that my FOmar uses!

My bluefull has found about 6 holyrays now from sil dragon. yet non have hit%.

pure force FOmar

I was super lucky getting my Holy Ray. I watched my friend defeat the Sil Dragon straight after he had unlocked Ultimate, guess what it dropped? the Holy Ray! I asked, can I have pleeeeaase? answer - "sure, why not"

Got it yesterday after about 11 runs or so! Sadly no Hit% on it!

Unless there's a specific Caves rare that you're hoping might drop, it might be faster to do Ult Unsealed Door runs. You do fight Dal Ra Lie at the end, and he has just the same chance as dropping it there than any other, and you get to go through Mines instead of Caves...

Of course, if you're not ready for Ult Mines, keep up with the Cave runs.

Good luck with it. I haven't found too many holy rays myself. Just stick with it, try playing at different times.