Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Cursed J-Sword hunter

Yeah, I'm done. It's time to move on. Oh, and to all you who said I have no life, look who's still playing.

I wanted to take this opportunity to post a logical rebuttal for saying that cheating does not affect me.

My dream on PSO was to be a rare collecter. I excelled in this area. However, I wanted to be able to travel from ship to ship and show/trade what I found. It was my dream to find unique things that almost nobody owned. Since duping has ruined the value of practically everything, my dream was stolen from me. I thought I still had my level as a source of pride, but that pride was recently stolen as well.

Tell me, how does completely interfering with the way I wanted to play (and had the right to play) not affect me at all? I think it had a SIGNIFICANT effect on the way I played. I was unable to set foot out of my little legit corner of PSO, and was kept from experiencing the things that my HL money SHOULD HAVE let me experience.

So here's the deal. I pay real life money to play this game online, right? So if I pay real life money, then the game itself holds some tangible value. When cheaters break the rules and inhibit the way I'M SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY, they steal my experience of the game from me. Since they're stealing something I pay for, aren't they stealing real-life, tangible value from me?? I know it's beyond a lynching crowd like you to pick this up, as you find any opposition of your ideas to be flaming, but it's sadly true. So yes, when you cheat, you cheapen the experience of the game for others.

You can either acknowledge the fact that your cheating is stealing, or you can flame me and say I have no life (which is funny becuase I quit), and not listen.

Also, the next time you want to tell someone to get a life when they get mad about cheating, remember, YOU'RE BASICALLY stealing money from them. Real-life money. Enhancing your gameplay experience will belittling theirs. Would I have "no life" if I got mad at someone who stole ten dollars from my pocket?

So yeah, the next time you want to get angry and start pointing the finger at the guy that's trying to make a difference, maybe YOU should stop and take a look at how what YOU do affects others. Not accepting blame/responsibility is often a sign of inhibited maturity development.

There, I've offered my thoughts, and WITHOUT ANY flaming, I have completely obilterated any justification you can ever provide for cheating. If you cheat, you steal. If you steal, you are a theif. Maybe it's time to step back and give back what you've stolen.

Good argument, but I am sure someone will find something wrong with your analogies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-12-12 22:27 ]</font>

But, if you legitly obtain a said rare legitly and legitly got to the levels that you are at, should it really matter what all the lazy dupe users have? Since you got some thing legitly without resorting to cheating, I would think that you would have a sense of achievement that over powers whatever all the dupe users and cheaters could throw at you that would throw you off course. Then again, may be that's just me.

He wants to be able to show off his rares to others without them. And if everyone has them, who can he show them off to?

On 2003-12-11 21:46, Sounomi wrote:
    But, if you legitly obtain a said rare legitly and legitly got to the levels that you are at, should it really matter what all the lazy dupe users have? Since you got some thing legitly without resorting to cheating, I would think that you would have a sense of achievement that over powers whatever all the dupe users and cheaters could throw at you that would throw you off course. Then again, may be that's just me.
    True, but he feels that because they get their items so easily, it sorta takes away his feeling of accomplishment.
    That's sorta what he's been ranting about in his 'flame' posting for the past two weeks or so ...

[edit]
    Yep. Mkay sorta rephrased what Sounomi/myself said in a rude manner, but still, true never the less.
    [/edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-12-11 21:53 ]</font>

Cursed J-Sword hunter

But, if you legitly obtain a said rare legitly and legitly got to the levels that you are at, should it really matter what all the lazy dupe users have?
    --------------------------------

NO, you have it all wrong. I wanted to be a "merchant" of sorts. That dream was completely ruined by cheating.

There you all go, sidestepping the main issue again.

What can I say? The truth hurts...

I know it's beyond a lynching crowd like you to pick this up, as you find any opposition of your ideas to be flaming, but it's sadly true.
    So you counter flaming with subtle flaming. Awesome.

You can either acknowledge the fact that your cheating is stealing, or you can flame me and say I have no life (which is funny becuase I quit), and not listen.
    I don't know for certain if every item I've ever obtained/traded for is 100% legit, but I have never duped, hacked or anything beyond tweaking/twinking my characters. I still don't agree with you.

Also, the next time you want to tell someone to get a life when they get mad about cheating, remember, YOU'RE BASICALLY stealing money from them. Real-life money. Enhancing your gameplay experience will belittling theirs. Would I have "no life" if I got mad at someone who stole ten dollars from my pocket?
    No one is forcing you to play PSO. If I go to the worst part of town and walk around and get jacked, it would mostly be my own fault for being there, right? Once you knew PSO wasn't going to make your dream come true, you could've stopped playing right then and there. You knew this was coming.

So yeah, the next time you want to get angry and start pointing the finger at the guy that's trying to make a difference, maybe YOU should stop and take a look at how what YOU do affects others. Not accepting blame/responsibility is often a sign of inhibited maturity development.
    Woo, more trolling!

There, I've offered my thoughts, and WITHOUT ANY flaming, I have completely obilterated any justification you can ever provide for cheating. If you cheat, you steal. If you steal, you are a theif. Maybe it's time to step back and give back what you've stolen.
    The bottom line is that it's too late, man. And polite flames are still flames.

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Fact: this board does not take kindly to people that think differently.

Thus, saying that I get lynched for stating my opinion is not a flame, it is a fact.

Also, you don't get the point. I already paid, and you already cheated, so it's done. You can't blame me for being naive at first. I entered a contract and I did my part by paying. When the cheating occurs, you break the contract. I know that nobody's forcing me to play, but that's not the point. That is, however, being dodgy and not accepting responsibility for your actions.

Rather than say its too late, you should realize that you're wrong. I have pointed it out clear as crystal, and have done so in the politest manner possible. If that is not good enough, then you are beyond all means of reason.