Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

On 2004-01-08 13:50, AppieDPC wrote:
    People who have fun by pissing of others. I don't see the point in that either. Yes, I am pissing people off because I use dupes. But I won't join anybody if they don't find it ok that I use them.
    The fun is not in the pissing off others, and you even try not to piss off others with the use of dupes. Much appreciated.

This way of thinking is becoming more popular on PSO, but still far from being the vast majority of the dupers. And I doubt it will ever be the vast majority of the dupers who thinks like this. Most like to think about themselves and don't get care about others. And new people who thinks this way keep coming...
    ...sadly

For real Superguppie you can't really think that everybody in real life will follow the rules, just because they are on a paper, do you? Eventually by not enforcing rules in real life it will lead to chaos. People see "freedom" to do what they want, they grab it. The same goes for PSO.
    ...sadly

You can't evade Double Save unless you have Plus yes. However you can easily evade FSOD-X by not joining highly populated ships and using orginal Nintendo 59 memory cards. It's that simple? Yes it is. Never had any problems with the Double Save since it was made in januari last year.
    I never had problems with it either. The most populated lobbies I've been to have caused some FSODs and that's it.
    I have Ninties only and these haven't given problems either. Despite reports from some people that there are Ninties with problems, and some 3rd party cards are acualy better.
    However, the double save does double the flash-card access, and flash chips only go so far, so the less unnecessary saves the better.

As a PSO "veteran" I would say: "Don't count on it."
    (and yes I also hope I am wrong on this one)
    I'm not holding by breath or anything. I've heard the sad stories too. But it doesn't take away the hope. Some of the things done recently have sparked the hope, and I'm keeping it burning...

I could go on for days how ST doesn't do shit for their game. However I came to conclusion it was hopeless(this was about 2 years ago). Like you said, there is no online game without cheating. So all the complaining was useless, yes it is good tell it and it relieves, but if ST isn't going to do shit with my comments or yours what is the point to do it then? I chose to play this game whatever way I liked and keep the harm I do to other players to a minimum. It would be fun to see a complete legit PSO for once, because like you I do find it a very fun way to play. But without a developer to back that up, I don't see a very bright future...

(and seeing that time never will come. I go and play with a little legit community on PSO when I feel like it, works perfectly)
    Yeah, the relief is pretty much the only real thing about complaining. So, guess I'm gonna keep doing it. No wait, there is another. Last night, one of my friends and me had a serious talk on the topic, and he decided to go all legit for his online characters. I'll count that as a result too. Yay me!

And I thank you for the respect that you show by trying to minimize harm, and encourage you to keep playing the fun legit way some more.

Oh, btw. pretty funny how 2 Dutch guys that also know eachother on a Dutch forum use this place to have this discussion. grin.
    And considering the absense of posts from others, I doubt anyone except us is still reading this stuff...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-09 01:17 ]</font>

Mercenary for Hire

On 2004-01-09 01:15, Superguppie wrote:

...sadly
    Yup

No wait, there is another. Last night, one of my friends and me had a serious talk on the topic, and he decided to go all legit for his online characters. I'll count that as a result too. Yay me!

Oh, btw. pretty funny how 2 Dutch guys that also know eachother on a Dutch forum use this place to have this discussion. grin.
    And considering the absense of posts from others, I doubt anyone except us is still reading this stuff...
    Me too LOL

You 2 quote too much.

Well, if it was to me... I only get back on if I know I'm bored, or have to...

My 2 cents.

You hackers (learn to spell...) DON'T have more fun than 'us normal people'.
    And how the hell do you define what is fun for other people.

What are you? The Pope?

Maybe he is on dope?

On 2004-01-09 12:37, BonusKun wrote:

What are you? The Pope?
    sigh. Read the rest of the discussion. The stuff with all the quotes posted by Appie and me. Then you will know the answer to that one. If you can't read through all that, don't comment on it...

Mercenary for Hire

On 2004-01-09 12:37, BonusKun wrote:

What are you? The Pope?

Like Superguppie said:
    Read the entire thread!
    I already pointed that out.